How To Find Out Who Owns Some Land

There are a few areas near me that have no caches anywhere near them and look like they would be a good spot to place a cache. It makes me wonder why. I'd like to go out and place a cache, but the only problem is, I have no idea who owns the land. If it's public land, private land or what. There aren't any obvious houses, businesses or signs that indicate one way or another. What's the best way to determine who is the owner of a given piece of land?

There are a few areas near me that have no caches anywhere near them and look like they would be a good spot to place a cache. It makes me wonder why. I'd like to go out and place a cache, but the only problem is, I have no idea who owns the land. If it's public land, private land or what. There aren't any obvious houses, businesses or signs that indicate one way or another. What's the best way to determine who is the owner of a given piece of land?

I would start with the County Plat Maps at your tax assessors office, or possibly your local library.