World Caching Maps

Maat

I am writing an annotated bibliography on geocaching for one of my MLIS classes and I am looking for maps that display the numbers of geocaches all over the world. I hope I do not get stuck by the higher powers that be but I am looking for something similar to the old Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint map.. If any of you old school cachers remember that. The google earth maps feature I have found here only 500 caches for the search results... Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Maat

Hunter Seeker

I have not seen this kind of map and would be interested if someone has taken the time to put it together. Obviously, with well over 900,000 caches you could not have a single map that would identify each one. But you could use the information on Groundspeak (such as the advanced search feature) to find out which countries have caches and "color in" a map to list those countries.

I have not seen this kind of map and would be interested if someone has taken the time to put it together. Obviously, with well over 900,000 caches you could not have a single map that would identify each one. But you could use the information on Groundspeak (such as the advanced search feature) to find out which countries have caches and "color in" a map to list those countries.

If I can not find exactly what I am looking for that is a great idea, Thanks! It will test my tech savvy skills to see what I can come up with. lol

Higher resolution versions are available on the Groundspeak Goodies page, under "World Caches."

That is one sweet looking map, thanks. I notice in the the location states 2006-01 I wonder if this means the data on the map is from 2006. The colors blend in with the vegetation on the map and there is no legend so it may be a bit hard on the layman to understand, but I could add it as an appendix.