Maps on your oregon (or Colorado)

keehotee

With a bit of testing with baronvonp7 a new version of the software has been done, it removes the compression in the KMZ files which appears to then work on the Dakota's. Extra output formats have also been removed to make it a bit simpler to work with. GarminBingMaps.zip

I forgot to post a Thank You for finding this, so thank you Madproforg - great find. Mind you I've enjoyed using your utility up to now - if only I could programme like you lot!

Just discovered a program that appears to work a lot better than my little utility

http://mobac.dnsalias.org/

Think I'll be using this from now on...

Looks very impressive, will be trying out it this evening. Thanks for sharing.

The maps worked really well and only took a few moments to produce. I have set the output detail level to 15 which still gives 1:25K maps but takes quite a lot fewer jpg files for the same area - you can open the kmz file with winzip or similar to see this. This should allow a wider area of coverage. The maps render fine at 120m which is perfect for me when out walking but get a little blurry after that.

Edited by lodgebarn

Just discovered a program that appears to work a lot better than my little utility

http://mobac.dnsalias.org/

Think I'll be using this from now on...

Looks very impressive, will be trying out it this evening. Thanks for sharing.

The maps worked really well and only took a few moments to produce. I have set the output detail level to 15 which still gives 1:25K maps but takes quite a lot fewer jpg files for the same area - you can open the kmz file with winzip or similar to see this. This should allow a wider area of coverage. The maps render fine at 120m which is perfect for me when out walking but get a little blurry after that.

OK this looks wonderful! Looks like I can easily Match Maps with PQ's so when I load my PQ's in to GPX I can drag in the appropriate map :rolleyes:

But HOW do I get th tile settings and to puts to work? Think I need an idiots guide on this one... I keep getting a small scale when I create atlas and look at file...

Any help more than appreciated

GerritS