Darkest Dreams Geocoin

still-hide

Hello, we hope it is allowed that we from germany will present you our first Geocoin.

The Darkest Dreams Geocoin.

We love nightcaching and during our time at geocaching we find many nightcaches. Sometimes we think caching at night is the best. Because there are ideas for stages and many riddles are to solve. And all that at the night. Fantastic! And our darkest dreams come true...

We hope you enjoy our Darkest Dreams Geocoin. It's available in the next time at www.geocoinshop.de.

Many thanks for helping and made these coin to Lars.

At the end of 2008 there was a design:

DD_Design.jpg

And now a year later is it finished:

DD_RE1_TL_V_400.jpg

DD_RE1_TL_R_400.jpg

No, not the light...but a suitable Geocoin ;-)

Here some details:

- 1,75" big

- 3mm thickness

- own Prefix "DD"

- trackable at www.geocaching.com

and the metal is most of the editions in blacknickel.

A second regular version is in antique silver and the very limited editions (FO and AE) are polished gold and in polished silver.

The LE, XLE and XXLE editions have a glow in the dark enamel on the front, and alle editions have some glow in the dark details on the back.

The geocoin has a own Icon:

3246.gif

Following Editions we let made of the Darkest Dreams Coin and are available in the shop:

Green Night (RE1), BN - Green

Antik Night (RE2), AS - Green

Yellow Night (LE1), BN - Glow in the Dark Yellow (limited to 75 pieces)

Orange Night (LE2), BN - Glow in the Dark Orange (limited to 75 pieces)

Red Night (LE3), BN - Glow in the Dark Red (limited to 75 pieces)

White Night (XLE), BN - Glow in the Dark White (limited to 50 pieces)

not available in the shop, but produced:

Blue Night (XXLE), Ausführung: BN - Glow in the Dark Blue (limited to 20 pieces)

Green silver Dream (FO1), (limited to 10 pieces)

Green golden Dream (FO2), (limited to 10 pieces)

Black silver Dream (AE1), (limited to 15 pieces)

Black golden Dream (AE2), (limited to 15 pieces)

I will take some more pictures in the next time here, if you wish to see all the editions.

We hope you enjoy our geocoin and maybe you like these special geocoin a little. It is available in the next time at www.geocoinshop.de . If you have any question please ask us for more details.

Sorry for our bad english taste...we hope you can understand what we wrote.

Greetings and many thanks for looking,

Martha & Heiko

Edited by still-hide

Oh! that's a pretty coin for geocaching!!!! Night caching!!!! WOW!! I wish I could do some but there are no night caches here in Rhodes! I do not know if there are any in Greece!!!!

Anyway... I like the simplicity of your design! the glow ones are surely beautiful! I like that you choosed the black nickel!

Black nickel and glow..... well.... isn't that night caching??? :P

I like it! ;) Very clean lines.

But I cannot find it on the site you mention. :P

CF30

Sorry...i mean www.geocoinshop.de, but you don't find these coin now. It comes in some days or weeks... i will tell here when the coin start for sale.

@ all: Many thanks for your nice telling about our coin. This is a good feeling.

Thanks, Martha & Heiko

My big compliments to this special nightcaching coin.

I am eagerly waiting for it to come.

I like it! ;) Very clean lines.

But I cannot find it on the site you mention. :P

CF30

Sorry...i mean www.geocoinshop.de, but you don't find these coin now. It comes in some days or weeks... i will tell here when the coin start for sale.

@ all: Many thanks for your nice telling about our coin. This is a good feeling.

Thanks, Martha & Heiko

Many, many thanks for your response to our geocoin, we are very happy over the many positive opinions...

Here are some pictures of the editions, not easy to make some good photos, maybe it is because the hard enamel surface and the light reflexes.

the first regular version (RE1)

Blacknickel - Green (fluorescent green, the front is not "glow in the dark" but if you lighten (the best is with UV) on it then you see how it reverberates. On the back are "glow in the dark" elements, stars and other.)

DD_RE1.jpg

the second regular version (RE2)

Antique Silver - Green (same above, but metal is antique silver)

DD_RE2.jpg

the limited LE / XLE and XXLE

Blacknickel - yellow/orange/red/white/blue ("glow in the dark enamel" on the front and back also "glow in the dark" elements including letters.)

LE1 (75 pieces)

DD_LE1.jpg

LE2 (75 pieces)

DD_LE2.jpg

LE3 (75 pieces)

DD_LE3.jpg

XLE (50 pieces)

DD_XLE.jpg

XXLE (20 pieces, only for trades or private sale)

DD_XXLE_2.jpg

So, here you can see, how they glowing in the dark...

DD_Glow.jpg

At the end some pictures of the Artist Editions (AE1,AE2)

These Coins are not for sale, but maybe for some very interessing trades or other. We don't now especially what we do with this coin.

polished silver / polished gold - Black (On the back are "glow in the dark" elements, stars and other.)

AE1 (15 pieces)

DD_AE1_Sample.jpg

AE2 (15 pieces)

DD_AE2_Sample.jpg

Thanks for looking, i will tell you when these coins are available for sale. And sorry, i don't now how the price is for one coin. When it is in the shop then i can tell about the price.

Many greetings from germany and have a nice day.

Martha & Heiko

Really nice! I am a hiking cacher and most of my cache hunts start at night just before dawn... I usually watch the sunrise from mountain tops. :D

... So this coin is a must have. :)

I like the RE1, followed by the LE2 and LE1. Hope I can get one... those LE's go fast. :(

Edited by tom4props

Attention!

The Sale for the DARKEST DREAMS Geocoin start on tuesday 12/01/2009 between 12:00 and 13:00 (1:00 pm) CST (Central Standard Time) at www.geocoinshop.de.

For reference:

In germany the sale starts between 19:00 - 20:00 (CET), i calculated the time to CST with this webside:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

May be you take a look at this time at www.geocoinshop.de if you are interested. :unsure:

Greetings, Martha & Heiko

Edited by still-hide

Hello at all who wants purchase the Darkest Dreams Geocoin !

Now we know the exactly time for the sale:

they start tomorrow on tuesday 12/01/2009 at13:00 (1:00 pm) CST (Central Standard Time) ( in germany at 20:00 (CET)).

Here is the link to the shop...

www.geocoinshop.de

Also then we will have few coins for a trade... :unsure:

Greetings, Martha & Heiko

Edited by still-hide

Well bummer! I have to take someone to a doctor appointment at that exact time. :unsure:

So I guess it's time for a little begging... :unsure::unsure:

Please, please keep me in mind to trade for an XLE (50 pieces) white glow and if at all possible one of your AE2 (15 pieces) black on shiny gold. :unsure: Pretty please with sugar on top?? :unsure: My available coins can be found under the "Coin Sale" link in my sig line below. I open for any reasonable trade. Thank you!! :unsure:

CF30

I was on board right at 11:00 am PST, and the white XLEs were already gone as soon as the page uploaded. They must have gone in one second (or something)? :)

Anyway, all the LE and RE versions are still available. :)

The 6 coin collector set (which is what I got) sold out in about 1 or 2 minutes. Wow! :)

These coins sold like hot cakes (great design)! I checked back on the site after my previous post, just to see how fast they were going and the very last of the glow coins (the Darkest Dreams Geocoin Orange Night LE) sold at about 11:30 am PST... that's just one half hour after they went on sale! Congratulations still-hide on a well done design!!! The sales speak for themselves :)

PS - There are still regular edition Darkest Dreams in stock. :)