Article on Geocaching

cakemaker

Geocaching is the cover story in the current publication of 'Camping & Caravanning' magazine. It's a well written article running to 5 pages by travel writer, Helen Werin with great photos of Stanton Moor by her husband. It really captures the excitement of the hunt whilst also giving sensible tips.

Geocaching is the cover story in the current publication of 'Camping & Caravanning' magazine. It's a well written article running to 5 pages by travel writer, Helen Werin with great photos of Stanton Moor by her husband. It really captures the excitement of the hunt whilst also giving sensible tips.

It seems a nicely balanced article. It's just a slight pity that the subtitle on the cover and on the article itself refers to "buried 'treasure'"

Unfortunately i can not find an online version of the magazine, through the website even though i was logged in as a member!

also i have not seen my copy yet, but i believe that you can buy a copy via a decent newsagent as copies are released for sale. At least i am sure that i have read this in a previous publication of the magazine :(

Unfortunately i can not find an online version of the magazine, through the website even though i was logged in as a member!

also i have not seen my copy yet, but i believe that you can buy a copy via a decent newsagent as copies are released for sale. At least i am sure that i have read this in a previous publication of the magazine :(

There isn't an online version even for members. I'm hoping to PDF a copy later so will post if no-one else has.

:P

A good article.....and later in the magazine my son's photo also appeared :unsure:

A good article but what a shame the 3rd cache was "hidden in a wall" it looked like a dry stone one- a definite no no !

Shame, the article may lead people to believe that the cache is hidden in the wall. However it isn't, it is a really well hidden cache a few feet from the wall shown in the picture. (GCJY3K)

I got the magazine the other week, that's why I'm here!!! :unsure:

I've heard a little about Geo-caching before (a colleague in a different office does it!) but that was it. Talked about it with the wife and we thought it might be worth having a look at for when we go out for walks with the kids. I'm currently looking at GPS units on ebay to assist with the hunting.

Thanks,

dave

I got the magazine the other week, that's why I'm here!!! :unsure:

I've heard a little about Geo-caching before (a colleague in a different office does it!) but that was it. Talked about it with the wife and we thought it might be worth having a look at for when we go out for walks with the kids. I'm currently looking at GPS units on ebay to assist with the hunting.

Thanks,

dave

Another convert to the Joys of Geocaching! :unsure:

Welcome!

MrsB

The link on the GAGB forum has been suspended while I check on copyright issues.

Why? If it's already been linked here.

Here's the original link at emcache.com

Article scanned by lgx on emcache

The reason being that I wanted to ensure that there are no copyright issues.

I have now been informed, by the C&C Club, that they not hold the copyright to the article or the pictures that are featured within and that the copyright is owned by the author and should not be reproduced without permission.

I got the magazine the other week, that's why I'm here!!! :laughing:

Thanks,

dave

Another convert to the Joys of Geocaching! :blink:

Welcome!

MrsB

I heard about geocaching throught the C & C mag too and looking about a gps to get me started.

Michael.