West Coast Cachers Where are you?

90%Angel

Hi, I was just wondering where all the West Coast Cachers are? .. Do you like to Cache alone? or with a fellow Cacher? Im new to this.. (relatively speaking) and confess.. Im HOOKED! LOL.. .I have a few friends that Geo-cache but are not always available to when I am. Is there a place where Cachers can connect with a group or even a fellow Cacher for Cache outings?

Hi, I was just wondering where all the West Coast Cachers are? .. Do you like to Cache alone? or with a fellow Cacher? Im new to this.. (relatively speaking) and confess.. Im HOOKED! LOL.. .I have a few friends that Geo-cache but are not always available to when I am. Is there a place where Cachers can connect with a group or even a fellow Cacher for Cache outings?

We are certainly here, although you may have to be a bit more precise than "west coast".

Check out the BCGA (British Columbia Geocaching Association) at bcgeocaching.com,

newbies to the province are treated well there and there's lotsa info!

And welcome!

Edited by doingitoldschool

Looking at your caches, and that we recently had a TB that you had had I'm thinking you live the Agassiz/Hope area - there are a few very active cachers in the area.

A really good way to meet the locals is to attend one of the local events - there is one in the Abbotsford on the 28th of November

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC20B4V

It is a geocaching 101 event and a great way to connect - our good friend TesKelly is on there.

Another way is the social networking site that we have started up - it is specific to Geocachers

www.turtlepetprojects.ning.com

It is where we can share our pictures & videos - a lot of those on there are Fraser Valley cachers!

Welcome to the awesome addicting world of caching, we hope to meet you soon!

We are certainly here, although you may have to be a bit more precise than "west coast".

Check out the BCGA (British Columbia Geocaching Association) at bcgeocaching.com,

And welcome!

Thanks, I have and just joined the local BCGA.... still not sure how one makes connections that way?

Looking at your caches, and that we recently had a TB that you had had I'm thinking you live the Agassiz/Hope area - there are a few very active cachers in the area.

A really good way to meet the locals is to attend one of the local events - there is one in the Abbotsford on the 28th of November

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC20B4V

It is a geocaching 101 event and a great way to connect - our good friend TesKelly is on there.

Another way is the social networking site that we have started up - it is specific to Geocachers

www.turtlepetprojects.ning.com

It is where we can share our pictures & videos - a lot of those on there are Fraser Valley cachers!

Welcome to the awesome addicting world of caching, we hope to meet you soon!

Thanks very much for that! Im in Chilliwack actually. I am hoping to attend that meeting with my sister next Saturday. I'll also check out the links.... And you've got that right... it really is Addicting! Thanks again!

And welcome!

Thanks, I have and just joined the local BCGA.... still not sure how one makes connections that way?

There's regional forums there to narrow down what part of BC you in, so you can get through to more local cachers quickly, and there's more of the cachers that are likely to be watching for a "Hey, I'm new to the area" post. Looks like you've hooked up with teddy2k already - awesome!

90%Angel, I look forward to meeting you at the event on Saturday! I live in Bridal Falls, so nice to see another new local cacher! :D

Hey Teddy2K it was good to meet you yesterday! We would have liked to have gone on the hunt but really were not dressed for it. I did find the meeting informative and enjoyed meeting some other Cachers. Too bad they don't have more Social events... (unless Im missing something) there doesn't seem to be many meetings very often. Of course I thought of other questions to ask AFTER the meeting, but Im sure I'll find the answers here, just seems to take a lot of time looking through the posts, and I'd rather spend the time looking at the Caches that might be doable without a GPS. Anyhow, got to get my info togeather as we are heading out this morning to hopefully find a few more. Take care, Happy Caching!

West Coaster here (Islander, actually), and I cache alone, although not by choice.

Hi,... I saw there is an event or two going on over there soon. Do you go to them and look for a Cache buddy? .. I think it would be great to have some kind of 'Newbie' connection for people that don't want to Cache alone. I don't mind doing 'some' of them but usually I'll go with a friend... 'when available'... or my sister.. 'when available'... LOL.. which is the problem of course.. trying to find mutually available times with others to cache with. Happy Caching... hopefully you will find a Cache partner soon!

Another Islander here, from Victoria. I cache with my husband and 4 year old son, although we are very new to it with only a handful of finds under our belt.

Can't wait for slightly nicer weather though, rain and a cranky preschooler do not make for a fun afternoon!

LOL.. I can imagine!.. I wish it had been available when my kids were young, they would have loved it. Although Adults now, my two girls have both done several Caches with me. I have relatively 'new' to this also but with the 'stress' of my job, I find it a GREAT way to get 'replenished' by getting out to lovely areas.. away from the daily grind. I have done some caching in a virtual 'downpour' and over the last few days... some in the Snow...all of which were very cool! Happy Caching and Happy New Years~

Another Islander here, from Victoria. I cache with my husband and 4 year old son, although we are very new to it with only a handful of finds under our belt.

Can't wait for slightly nicer weather though, rain and a cranky preschooler do not make for a fun afternoon!

LOL.. I can imagine!.. I wish it had been available when my kids were young, they would have loved it. Although Adults now, my two girls have both done several Caches with me. I have relatively 'new' to this also but with the 'stress' of my job, I find it a GREAT way to get 'replenished' by getting out to lovely areas.. away from the daily grind. I have done some caching in a virtual 'downpour' and over the last few days... some in the Snow...all of which were very cool! Happy Caching and Happy New Years~

Canadian Girl from San Diego just reached 2000 finds

Canadian Girl from San Diego just reached 2000 finds

Wow... Congrats!!~

We are new to geocaching so we currently cache alone (well 3 of us together) although just today we did do one cache with 2 other Geocachers we just met (we showed up to the same cache at the same time). We are from the Abbotsford/Mission are in the Fraser Valley.

Happy Hunting :)

We are new to geocaching so we currently cache alone (well 3 of us together) although just today we did do one cache with 2 other Geocachers we just met (we showed up to the same cache at the same time). We are from the Abbotsford/Mission are in the Fraser Valley.

Happy Hunting :)

Cool.. addicting isn't it? lol.. Im a little further out in the Valley. Going to cache events when they come up helps make connections too.. maybe we'll cross Caches sometime... Happy Caching

Aladora and DENelso83, there are going to be a few events coming up on the island in the next wee while so keep an eye on the Groundspeak newsletter or click 'newest in BC' on your profile because BC events are always at the top of the list until the event has passed.

Also, you can find BC events on the BCGA sidebar and Island specific events on our calendar at Vancouver Island Related Calendar and Events on Landsharkz.ca.

There is a Light the GeoTorch in planning stages for Victoria and you should see this listing later this week. This is our annual 101 for newbies and also a fun way to welcome the Olympics to BC with some caching silliness!

West coaster here. Just got a GPSr in December and tried geocaching shortly after and was pretty much hooked right off. Originally I got it for back country travel, marking trail heads, and tracking routes into those remote places so I can find them again easily. Great addition to the Back Roads Map Book. My sons have both had one for a few years and I've used them a few times - enough to know I wanted one :-D

Geocaching has rejuvenated a simple walk through the forest for my wife and I and we look forward to getting out any chance we get and seeing those hidden spots that we never knew were there.

We are in Surrey.

West coaster here. Just got a GPSr in December and tried geocaching shortly after and was pretty much hooked right off. Originally I got it for back country travel, marking trail heads, and tracking routes into those remote places so I can find them again easily. Great addition to the Back Roads Map Book. My sons have both had one for a few years and I've used them a few times - enough to know I wanted one :-D

Geocaching has rejuvenated a simple walk through the forest for my wife and I and we look forward to getting out any chance we get and seeing those hidden spots that we never knew were there.

We are in Surrey.

Welcome lornix! Glad to hear that you've enjoyed yourself so far. If you ever need any help or advice, feel free visit the BCGA forums where you can pose questions to our members. I'm sure there are quite a few members in the Surrey area that would be willing to meet up with you for a day of caching as well.

http://www.bcgeocaching.com/

Teddy2k -- BCGA Vice President

We are in Surrey.

Welcome lornix! Glad to hear that you've enjoyed yourself so far. If you ever need any help or advice, feel free visit the BCGA forums where you can pose questions to our members. I'm sure there are quite a few members in the Surrey area that would be willing to meet up with you for a day of caching as well.

http://www.bcgeocaching.com/

Teddy2k -- BCGA Vice President

Thanks Teddy2k.

I have been on the site a few times and have considered joining. I have a hundred and three questions about forestry service regulations and placing back country caches, so I will most likely get the application off next week.

lol just kidding about the 103 part, but a few questions for sure :-)

Cheers.

Edited by lornix

We are in Surrey.

Very cool.. my son told me he 'didn't get it, until I explained to him it's MUCH MORE than just finding the cache. For me, it's all about going to areas you never would have known were there plus the awesome photo opportunities, and the exercise... hiking and trekking around backroads and trails.. what other sport offers so much?