COINTEST: Guess the Name of the Newest Rock n Roll GeoDog

LadyBee4T

For awhile now I have been looking for a playmate for Riley my English Springer Spaniel. Molly my sheltie herds Riley and doesn’t like the rough and tumble running play that Riley seems to want to do. A volunteer at a local shelter told me there was a nice English Springer Spaniel there so I went to check the dog out. The next day she was mine. She came home to her furever home 10 days ago. :signalviolin: This petite little gal is a registered AKC purebred English Springer Spaniel and is 3 ½ years old.

I had a lot of fun in Riley’s cointest and I wanted to do one again to help me name her but I ran into some problems with the adoption and didn’t want to post her picture. Meanwhile I got her microchipped and had to have a name for her then. The problems haven’t completely resolved yet but I think I can safely run this cointest. (For those of you who weren’t here or don’t remember Riley’s cointest here is the link. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...95&hl=riley )

c9d1e01f-9899-4f89-aea2-54629c8a7c40.jpg

ad8b68f9-890b-451f-a51c-283554d8d3d4.jpg

How do you win this cointest? Well I want you to guess what I named her! Most of my dogs have been named after classic rock and roll songs or LPs. (To me classic means late 50s, 60s and 70s.)

For example here are the names of some of my dogs and the format I would like to see the answers in:

My Sweet “Lady”---John Denver

Sgt “Pepper”---Beatles

“Abbey” Road---Beatles

“Rocky” Raccoon---Beatles

Good Golly Miss "Molly"---Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels

There are always rules so here they are

1. List the song with the call name in parentheses and after that who it was performed by. If you want to name her after a band member or performer you can list that too. If more than one performer did the song, name the one that you liked the best.

2. If you want to list some of the lyrics so I can sing while watching this cointest that is great too but not required. In fact the neighbors may not like my singing and the dog could howl!!!

3. Limit yourself to one post every half hour. Only 1 name guess per post. This gives time for a lot of people to try to guess.

4. As usual no editing of posts.

5. No whining—that is only for the dog to do.

What will you win? We live in Michigan so the winner will have their choice of a 2006 Michigan spring robin (nontrackable), a 2006 Michigan fall oak leaves (nontrackable) or a 2007 Michigan summer (trackable).

To get you in the right frame of mind to think of names here’s a great song by the Doors

Hello, I love you

Wont you tell me your name?

She holds her head so high

Like a statue in the sky

Her fur is soft and her legs are long

When she moves my brain screams out this song

Hello, I love you

Wont you tell me your name…….

Hello I love you

Wont you tell me your name……..

Ok are you ready?

Set

Go!!!

Edited by LadyBee4T

Oh!!! how nice!!!! :laughing: New dog!!! :signalviolin:

Thank you for the cointest... Even if I am not so good with songs etc, I will try! WOW!!! 3 geocoins??? the leaf is the yellow oak leaf??? WOW!!!!

I do not know the other coins but I bet they are beautiful!!!!:laughing:

Let's see....

"Wake Up Little Susie" (Susie the name for the dog) - The Everly Brothers???? I am not so sure...

Thank you for the cointest... Even if I am not so good with songs etc, I will try! WOW!!! 3 geocoins??? the leaf is the yellow oak leaf??? WOW!!!!

Let's see....

"Wake Up Little Susie" (Susie the name for the dog) - The Everly Brothers???? I am not so sure...

The winner gets to chose which one of the three they would like.....

If I remember right you named a lot of songs in Riley's cointest!!!

Let's see....

The winner gets to chose which one of the three they would like.....

If I remember right you named a lot of songs in Riley's cointest!!!

Oh I just saw it ..to choose! :angry:

Yes, I named many songs in Rilley's cointest! I am just not so sure about who were the singers.... some songs were performed by many singers and... But I will try for sure! :ph34r: I have 2 - 2:30 hours till I go to bed ...at about 4 in the morning! :-D

Yes, I named many songs in Rilley's cointest! I am just not so sure about who were the singers.... some songs were performed by many singers and... But I will try for sure! :signalviolin: I have 2 - 2:30 hours till I go to bed ...at about 4 in the morning! :-D

Name the person who sang it the best in your mind if more than one person sang it. I will add that to the rules.

Hey LadyBEE4T..... what have you done!!! :laughing:

It is 2 oclock in the morning and I am singing and dancing!!!! What a song!!!!! AMAZING!!!! I can listen it forever!!!! ...I hope my parents who are sleeping will not wake up.... :laughing:

Hmm.. how I will sleep now... :signalviolin:

Can't wait to post the song, the video and the lyrics!!! :angry:

Hey LadyBEE4T..... what have you done!!! :laughing:

It is 2 oclock in the morning and I am singing and dancing!!!! What a song!!!!! AMAZING!!!! I can listen it forever!!!! ...I hope my parents who are sleeping will not wake up.... :laughing:

Hmm.. how I will sleep now... :signalviolin:

Can't wait to post the song, the video and the lyrics!!! :angry:

Can't wait to see/hear it!!!

LALALALA.....lalala... lalalala :laughing: I loved this song!!! :angry:

I found an other video but I gor mad with it!!! The singer is singing live and nobody is dancing!!!!!!! they just look like.... :laughing: Even if there is not place to dance.... there is always place on the tables!!!! :signalviolin:

SONG: Runaround Sue! (Sue as name or you can use the complete title!!! ) - Dion & the Belmonts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq6_4qKnOJA

and the lyrics....

Here's my story, its sad but true

It's about a girl that I once knew

She took my love then ran around

With every single guy in town

Ah, I should have known it from the very start

This girl will leave me with a broken heart

Now listen people what I'm telling you

A-keep away from-a Runaround Sue

I miss her lips and the smile on her face

The touch of her hair and this girl's warm embrace

So if you don't wanna cry like I do

A-keep away from-a Runaround Sue

Ah, she likes to travel around

She'll love you but she'll put you down

Now people let me put you wise

Sue goes out with other guys

Here's the moral and the story from the guy who knows

I fell in love and my love still grows

Ask any fool that she ever knew, they'll say

Keep away from-a Runaround Sue

She likes to travel around

She'll love you but she'll put you down

Now people let me put you wise

Sue goes out with other guys

Here's the moral and the story from the guy who knows

I fell in love and my love still grows

Ask any fool that she ever knew, they'll say

Keep away from-a Runaround Sue

"Amanda" Boston

Babe, tomorrow's so far away

There's somethin' I just have to say

I don't think I could hide

What I'm feelin' inside

Another day

Knowin' I love you

And I -- I'm gettin' too close again

I don't wanna see it end

If I tell you tonight

Will you turn out the light

And walk away

Knowin' I love you?

CHORUS:

I'm gonna take you by surprise

And make you realize

Amanda

I'm gonna tell you right away

I can't wait another day

Amanda

I'm gonna say it like a man

And make you understand

Amanda

I love you

And, I feel like today's the day

I'm lookin' for the words to say

Do you wanna be free

Are you ready for me

To feel this way?

I don't wanna lose ya

So it may be too soon I know

The feelin' takes so long to grow

If I tell you today

Will you turn me away

And let me go?

I don't wanna lose you

CHORUS

You and I -- I know that we can't wait

And I swear -- I swear it's not a lie girl

Tomorrow may be too late

You -- you and I girl -- we can share a life together

It's now or never

And tomorrow may be too late

And, feelin' the way I do

I don't wanna wait my whole life through

To say I'm in love with you

Lucille - beatles

I have to go and get some sleep! Sorry I can not stay any longer! :signalviolin:

Good luck to all and congrats to the winner! :laughing:

Ladybee thank you for the funny cointest, for saving an other beautiful dog and a huge thank you because with your cointest I discovered a great song!!! :laughing:

Good night my friends! :angry:

"Layla" by Derek and the Dominos

From the album Layla and other assorted love songs released in 1970.

Then re-released in 1972 on The History of Eric Clapton where it reached #7 in the UK and #10 in the US

Re-released again in 1982 and reached #4 in UK

Re-released again when Eric Clapton played acoustically for MTV's Unplugged - this version won a Grammy for best rock song in 1992 - when it beat out Nirvana's Smells like teen spirit.

Ranked #27 on Rolling Stones list of 500 greatest rock songs in 2004

Then re-released in 1972 on The History of Eric Clapton where it reached #7 in the UK and #10 in the US

Re-released again when Eric Clapton played acoustically for MTV's Unplugged - this version won a Grammy for best rock song in 1992 - when it beat out Nirvana's Smells like teen spirit.

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!

Yep that's her call name---Layla

Layla Acoustic

The song was written for Patty Boyd Harrison (George Harrison's wife) Eric had fallen in love with her and this was his love song to her to try to convince her to leave George. It worked....

Congrats Bev! She is absolutely adorable :signalviolin:

Yes she is a beautiful dog and I am lucky to have her.

She was found running and dropped off at the shelter. I'm sure she would have been reunited with her original owner if she only had some type of ID on her--A tag, microchip or tattoo.

Sundance? :angry:

Congrat's on an adorable pup!

I was told I couldn't play but if someone wants to bribe me, I'll tell you the dogs name since I already know it :ph34r:

Accepting offers now )

Just a tad late aren't ya? I think everyone else does now too!!!!!

Post #35 :laughing: or did seekerfamily bribe you? :signalviolin::laughing:

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!

Yep that's her call name---Layla

Layla Acoustic

The song was written for Patty Boyd Harrison (George Harrison's wife) Eric had fallen in love with her and this was his love song to her to try to convince her to leave George. It worked....

BUT ... in the end she went back to George, breaking Clapton's heart for eternity ! :P

Congrats Seekerfamily.

Edited by opalsns

OHHHHHHHHHHH WAUWIEEEEEE WHAT A CUTY ;):laughing::anicute:

oke maybe stupid question but how many doggiezzzzzzzzzzz do you have now in total ?????

Nope not a stupid question at atll!!

My city allows each house to have a maximum of 3 dogs and these are my three--Molly, Riley and Layla.

BUT ... in the end she went back to George, breaking Clapton's heart for eternity ! :P

Congrats Seekerfamily.

Eric had a son with another woman while married to Patty and he was in and out of rehab. She finally kicked him out but George was no longer available. He had married Olivia.