What do you want to do today?

ao318

Last weekend I had asked my youngest daughter what she wanted to do today. I had asked her if she wanted to do the typical stuff like a hike, bike ride, geocache, etc. She replied back to me, "Let's pick up garbage along the river dad." :signalviolin::laughing: I looked at her and said, "Is that what you really want to do?" She replied, "Yes, there is a lot of garbage out there."

So we grabbed or little garbage grabbers and a few large bags and headed out to the river to p/u trash. We spent about 2 hours filling 2 large bags with everything we could find that didn't belong out there.

Afterwards, we went and had a Jamba Juice together and talked about our great day together. :laughing:

Just thought I would pass this on even though it wasn't a CITO event or even an afternoon of caching. It was just a "Trash Out" day.

interesting child - mine would have never chosen an activity like that, that's for sure! How old is she?

She is 10 years old and like to do stuff like this. Yet, what she really likes to do is go puddle jumping when we get the first rains here in Sacramento.

How awesome :(. I did a CITO event a few wkd ago with some mom friends and the kids wouldn't le us get at the trash, it was like a game to them. I try to have bags in my caching backpack but forget to refill sometimes. Does anyone have a link to a good "little trash grabber" tool? Was just discussing this with my hubby who doesn't want the kids touching trash with their bare hands.

How awesome :). I did a CITO event a few wkd ago with some mom friends and the kids wouldn't le us get at the trash, it was like a game to them. I try to have bags in my caching backpack but forget to refill sometimes. Does anyone have a link to a good "little trash grabber" tool? Was just discussing this with my hubby who doesn't want the kids touching trash with their bare hands.

This is the style I use with my kids. I got mine from home depot for about the same price as listed on this site.

How awesome :lol:. I did a CITO event a few wkd ago with some mom friends and the kids wouldn't le us get at the trash, it was like a game to them. I try to have bags in my caching backpack but forget to refill sometimes. Does anyone have a link to a good "little trash grabber" tool? Was just discussing this with my hubby who doesn't want the kids touching trash with their bare hands.

You could always get a few pairs of cheap cooking tongs(maybe from the thrift store)?

How awesome ;). I did a CITO event a few wkd ago with some mom friends and the kids wouldn't le us get at the trash, it was like a game to them. I try to have bags in my caching backpack but forget to refill sometimes. Does anyone have a link to a good "little trash grabber" tool? Was just discussing this with my hubby who doesn't want the kids touching trash with their bare hands.

You could always get a few pairs of cheap cooking tongs(maybe from the thrift store)?

thats an awesome idea, i never thought of that for an inexpensive trash grabber. We did trash pick up nearby once. we used polypropelene gloves, the kind that come out of a dispenser box. Even though we were wearing gloves it did still seem too close to my hands for comfort. Now I will use that idea and we can do trash pick up more often.

Also, just a thought, trash picking up makes great muggle deterrent because you have a reason to be there (where ever you are) you are picking up trash its obvious no need for muggles to ask questions.