does anyone know where to activate this coin

Boogus

It seems that a lot of older geocoins are getting difficult to aquire an activation code for. With the drop of AEToys website and the notice from Castle Coins, I have been motivated to go into my entire collection and get every code written down somewhere before sites drop off the net and then no activation code can be retrieved. Anyway, my lesson has been learned ... get the activation codes the moment the new geocoin arrives in the mail.

This being said, does anybody have any info on where I can activate a Caching from Dusk until Dawn geocoin? It says Oakcoins in the slip that came with the coin but their site does not recognise the coin #. Also, everytime I send Oakcoins an e-mail for assistance, they never return my messages. Thanks for any help.

It seems that a lot of older geocoins are getting difficult to aquire an activation code for. With the drop of AEToys website and the notice from Castle Coins, I have been motivated to go into my entire collection and get every code written down somewhere before sites drop off the net and then no activation code can be retrieved. Anyway, my lesson has been learned ... get the activation codes the moment the new geocoin arrives in the mail.

This being said, does anybody have any info on where I can activate a Caching from Dusk until Dawn geocoin? It says Oakcoins in the slip that came with the coin but their site does not recognise the coin #. Also, everytime I send Oakcoins an e-mail for assistance, they never return my messages. Thanks for any help.

If i may suggest this to you:

Just double check your 0's and o's and things like that...and also, i had a question for oakcoins one time, and I contacted them right on geocaching.com instead of their webpage, and they took care of my issue within 1 hour! I hope this helps.

funny thing happened on the way to doing exactly what you're doing...

...i tried to write down the activation codes for "Geocaching is the Key" coins and "Coin Pal" credit card coins (from coinswag) and the site does not recognize the tracking codes.

I have emailed Jake at CoinSwag and have heard the proverbial "nothing"

:laughing:

:)

We've only been collecting coins for a short time now, but here's what we do. We started an EXCEL spreadsheet to keep track of our coins. We keep track of all our "coin codes", "activation codes", and "Groundspeak reference numbers". We do this at the same time we activate each coin, so that we have the right numbers, letters, ect. We had an issue a few months ago where someone put the coin in the wrong cache, and didn't write down the reference number. They contacted us and we were able to give them the right tracking number without a problem. They were able to move the coin to the correct cache without any issues. Problem solved. Hope this helps out!

I never had trouble getting in touch with any of them. You can also try to contact them through Twitter.

Dawn untill Dusk geocoin should be on Oakcoins. I agree with pumpkinking27: check o's and 0, b's 8, and so on.

That's good advice for Pastor_B also.

We had an issue a few months ago where someone put the coin in the wrong cache, and didn't write down the reference number. They contacted us and we were able to give them the right tracking number without a problem. They were able to move the coin to the correct cache without any issues. Problem solved. Hope this helps out!

Getting off topic.

Reference number and tracking number are on your coin-page. The first at the left. The second to the right, under the several logging options.

Ruud4d

This geocoin is the one with the sun & clouds on the front and the moon and the starts on the back.

And the letters say ... Caching From Dawn Until Dusk

Thanks for all the help. I have checked to make sure about zeros and the letter O. And all the possible other variations but no luck. Still waiting on a response from Oakcoins.

This geocoin is the one with the sun & clouds on the front and the moon and the starts on the back.

And the letters say ... Caching From Dawn Until Dusk

Thanks for all the help. I have checked to make sure about zeros and the letter O. And all the possible other variations but no luck. Still waiting on a response from Oakcoins.

That's definitely Oakcoins. They were coorruption issues with their code database. Perhaps there are still issues.