Pay it Forward Geocoin Adoptions

Tennessee Jed

I have three coins for adoption.

I think the next two members that posted are LSTrailRunner and RebelGTP. Could you please contact me with info on which cache you'd like the coin to travel to? After that, I'll send adoption requests.

The third coin is an old German coin. I would like to adopt this one to someone in Germany. German members that are interested, and don't own more than 5 coins, please speak up!

I adopted a coin beginning of April but it still says it's in the hands of the original owner. Is there something else I need to do or have they just not placed it in a cache yet? I can wait if they haven't been caching but just want to make sure there isn't something I am supposed to do first.

thanks,

k

I adopted a coin beginning of April but it still says it's in the hands of the original owner. Is there something else I need to do or have they just not placed it in a cache yet? I can wait if they haven't been caching but just want to make sure there isn't something I am supposed to do first.

thanks,

k

If it's owned by you but still in their hands, the next step is for them to just to place it in a cache :)

Mine is still in the hands of the adopter as well, it's a patience tester, I tell you!!

If any more become available I would love to adopt one. I am new to this and have a friend who has been doing this for a month and has found several items. He is working on getting me hooked on this hobby, like he is.

Thanks

libmo

Coins have been adopted to LSTrailRunner and KPA2.

No Germans have showed up for the German coin. Is anyone else interested in adopting a German coin, to travel from Norway? The first one to request it in this thread, AND who owns maximum 3 geocoins, will get it.

Coins have been adopted to LSTrailRunner and KPA2.

No Germans have showed up for the German coin. Is anyone else interested in adopting a German coin, to travel from Norway? The first one to request it in this thread, AND who owns maximum 3 geocoins, will get it.

I own 1 bought and 2 adopted coins and some Cow trackables and I am from Germany. If that is OK for you, I really like to adopt the german coin !

Meanwhile I will try to buy some coins to pay it forward to some new cachers in this thread.

Wow - I had to find this thread on the THIRD PAGE of these forums! I am surprised, especially since I know that more than fifty people have received coins through this thread THIS YEAR and are eager to pay it forward and offer some up themselves. Yeah. Man.

As for the most recent batch of 20 coins I offered and adopted out, I must apologize to those who have yet to see their coins move. Circumstances well beyond my control took me away from caching for over a month, as you can tell if you check out my profile at all. However, I always kept the coins safe and have been making an effort to place them in a cache. Not just any cache, though. If any of you have traveled to a geocache in hopes of picking up a geocoin or a TB only to be disappointed at the total absence of trackables, then you know that some caches are better than others when it comes to promoting trackable longevity! As a result, I've tried to avoid "hotels" that aren't premium-member-only, caches with a recent history of muggling, caches that are visited TOO much, and caches that are so remote they only receive a few finds a year.

Anyway, there are no guarantees in geocaching, but I hope most of these coins if not all get some miles. Here is the list of the 20 coins I adopted out and their status: in a cache OR still with me. I plan on dropping all of them by mid-July. I know some of you are watching patiently, so no need to tell you to keep your eyes peeled!

UPDATES!!!!!

1. dufzor – Placed on 9 March 2011

2. munozfamily2004 – Placed on 16 March 2011

3. wuster – Dropped on 19 March 2011

4. town$ca$h – Placed on 12 June 2011

5. Nived87 – awaiting placement

6. MoonCat & KDT – awaiting placement

7. MendoBowHunter – placed on 29 April 2011

8. LA Shantyfan – awaiting placement

9. Team Prime – awaiting placement

10. TeamSchiap – Placed on 16 March 2011

11. Wyly Family – Placed on 16 June 2011

12. TrynaFindaCache – Dropped on 19 March 2011

13. Nelmel – Placed on 20 June 2011

14. IITom23II – Placed 14 June 2011

15. sheltiedogshowlover – awaiting placement

16. Team Triggerfinger – Placed on 12 June 2011

17. Kameharem – Placed 12 June 2011

18. Threeamigoz – Placed 14 June 2011

19. L_Y_H – awaiting placement

20. ALAUNOS – Placed on 20 June 2011

UPDATES for geocoins adopted out:

5. Nived87 – awaiting placement

6. MoonCat & KDT – awaiting placement

8. LA Shantyfan – awaiting placement

9. Team Prime – awaiting placement

15. sheltiedogshowlover – awaiting placement

19. L_Y_H – Placed 23 June 2011

Penny and Kona, I have never owned a GeoCoin. I would like to purchase but still unsure where to go. Do I qualify for adoption? If not, what is everyone's favorite site/store to purchase GC's?

Just an update that my adopted coin, placed last year finally made it to it's destination this week!

Penny and Kona, I have never owned a GeoCoin. I would like to purchase but still unsure where to go. Do I qualify for adoption? If not, what is everyone's favorite site/store to purchase GC's?

Just an update that my adopted coin, placed last year finally made it to it's destination this week!

Excellent! Of the many coins I've adopted out, yours is the second that I know of that has arrived to meet its new owner. Very cool - thank you for sharing. Happy caching, and remember to pay it forward when you can!

I was wondering how to adopt a coin. My family starting geocaching on our recent summer vacation have become addicted. Expecially my 10 year old daughter would love to be able to see how a coin travels. Please let me know. Thank you.

I was wondering how to adopt a coin. My family starting geocaching on our recent summer vacation have become addicted. Expecially my 10 year old daughter would love to be able to see how a coin travels. Please let me know. Thank you.

I'd be happy to adopt one out to you.

Email me a cache close To you that you would like to see it travel to and we can go from there :)

Edited to add: Adoption Request sent :)

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

FINAL update for geocoins adopted out:

5. Nived87 – Placed on 11 July 2011

6. MoonCat & KDT – Placed on 12 July 2011

8. LA Shantyfan – Placed on 12 July 2011

9. Team Prime – Placed on 12 July 2011

15. sheltiedogshowlover – Placed 11 July 2011

Safe travels, little geocoins!

FINAL update for geocoins adopted out:

5. Nived87 – Placed on 11 July 2011

6. MoonCat & KDT – Placed on 12 July 2011

8. LA Shantyfan – Placed on 12 July 2011

9. Team Prime – Placed on 12 July 2011

15. sheltiedogshowlover – Placed 11 July 2011

Safe travels, little geocoins!

Awesome... congratulations Penny and Kona. Very kind of you!

As I promised some time ago, I want to pay it forward and give away 3 micro coins.

I think the next on the list are

1) broncobob9

2) Hasko Family

3) jpbarr

Are you 3 still interested ? Then please mail me to sankt.petersburg@live.de a cache where the coin should travel to.

As I promised some time ago, I want to pay it forward and give away 3 micro coins.

I think the next on the list are

1) broncobob9

2) Hasko Family

3) jpbarr

Are you 3 still interested ? Then please mail me to sankt.petersburg@live.de a cache where the coin should travel to.

Email sent, huge thanks.

1. LSTrailRunner - Coin released 24 JUL 11

2. jpbarr - Coin released 23 JUL 11

3. ??

4. ??

Huge thanks to L_Y_H for the coin, I see it has already been picked up and on to somewhere else.

And sometime, hopefully in the not too distant future, I will also be happy to pay it forward.

jpbarr

Still have 2 micro coins left over for adoption. Please mail me, if you have interest in adopting a coin and include a cache that you want the micro to travel to.

I'm going on holidays this week, so hurry so that I can release the 2 coins during the holidays.

Edited by L_Y_H

While I have released a trackable here in the UK, I would love to adopt a coin being released elsewhere like in the US to follow its travels on a different continent.

I did rather lose track of who was offering up coins to release and who was on any waiting lists, but I would love to put my name down if there are any currently up for adoption.