Pay it Forward Geocoin Adoptions

Tennessee Jed

My son and I have just reached our 1 year anniversary of geocaching. We've taken an interest in travelers and always try to help them on their mission....even if it's only moving it a few miles in the right direction.

We'd love to have you send one on a journey to us in Lake County of NW Indiana. Maybe even direct it to one of our own cache hides. It's fun to watch the progress of getting to it's desired location.

Thanks.

Team Triggerfinger

Thanks, Penny and Kona. We will eagerly track this coin and pay it forward!

Once you accept your adopted coin, please verify that the coin's mission is to travel to your home location. If it's incorrect, please let me know through my gc.com profile.

Congratulations, and remember to "pay it forward" when you can...

1. dufzor - adoption complete

2. munozfamily2004 - adoption complete

3. wuster - adoption complete

4. town$ca$h - adoption complete

5. Nived87 - adoption complete

6. MoonCat & KDT - adoption complete

7. MendoBowHunter - adoption complete

8. LA Shantyfan - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

9. Team Prime - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

10. TeamSchiap - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

11. Wyly Family - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

12. TrynaFindaCache - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

|

|

|

V

@Wylymama24 - You've accepted the adoption, so all it good! I do have a good number of coins to get started, so it might take me a couple of days till yours gets placed. You'll know when your coin begins to move!

@TrynaFindaCache - I've included the very first post in this thread. The "point" of this mission is to get coins moving through caches and geocachers. Many of us who have been interested in coins for a while have "extra" coins, which are just sitting around in a box. The mission is a win-win in that extra coins are no longer lying around because they've been activated and adopted over to those who want to watch a trackable. All of the coins I've adopted out in this mission are new, never been activated, first-time traveling coins. Adopting an already moving coin to someone gives them a trackable, for sure, but doesn't really support the other intent of the mission: get coins into caches. Just my opinion, but please read Tennessee Jed's post and formulate your own thoughts as to what the intent is/was and how you can contribute to it, if at all! Safe travels!

Because a similar thread was very popular for a few days, I thought I would begin another one. The intent of this thread is to continue through the holidays but it can continue as long as it survives.

The premise is that those who have extra activated geocoins that may be doubles, coins that are no longer wanted, coins that will not sell or released coins someone does not want to keep track of, etc... For whatever reason, adopt them to someone who wants to see their own coin travel.

All you have to do is adopt the coin to someone in this thread who wants one and release it yourself. If this thread survives individuals can always participate and maybe companies that have extra coins with a certain prefix can also join.

To start this out I will donate the first twenty coins then maybe someone can donate a few more.

hey penny and konna

could you give an updated list of how many you have given out of your 20 you had.

im just trying to see when i need to start getting my coins ready to give out.

i know i will not start giving them out until i get back from the moga event.

but just trying to get a head start on them.

thanks and congrats to all that have got a new coin.

I just started my first geocoin on it's travels from my first cache hide. I would love to adopt another if someone would like to give one a mission to go to my cache. I love reading where the coins and TB's I find have been and if I have helped them get to where they want to go. I don't have a collection yet so I don't have anymore to send out but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough.

thanks,

k

Updating the list with the latest requests. I am away from my coins at the moment, but I will send out adoption notices on Friday. Three remaining coins from me, and then the torch of generosity gets passed to mlrs1996!

8. LA Shantyfan - adoption complete

9. Team Prime - adoption complete

10. TeamSchiap - adoption complete

11. Wyly Family - adoption complete

12. TrynaFindaCache - adoption complete

13. Nelmel

14. IITom23II

15. sheltiedogshowlover

16. Team Triggerfinger - happy 1 year of caching anniversary!

17. Kameharem

Threeamigoz is added to the list!

13. Nelmel

14. IITom23II

15. sheltiedogshowlover

17. Kameharem

18. Threeamigoz

Hi !

I'm caching since 10/10/10, so I'm relativly new to caching.

Besides, the biggest fun for me at the moment is to help and fulfil

any mission of coins and trackables. Up to now I have only one Coin

that travels with me from Cache to Cache. I would be glad to see

a coin travelling to a Cache in the oldest city of Germany, Trier !

Thank you for your generosity, I will pay it forward when i can !!

L_Y_H

I'd like to adopt a coin. I have one that is activated that I bought but has only been dipped in a few caches. Would love to adopt it out in return for adopting another. If Thats how this works..still not quite sure but anyway...the coin I have is a better to be lucky geocoin. Just email me Or message me here and let me know. Thanks.

Threeamigoz is added to the list!

13. Nelmel

14. IITom23II

15. sheltiedogshowlover

17. Kameharem

18. Threeamigoz

Any chance I can get added although I have an adopted on floating around right now (it over shot me and went from the east coast to Colorado...right under Indiana...odd eh?)? Would love to keep 'em moving.

It looks like Penny and Kona has been MIA for the last week. I think she has two left that should go to L_Y_H and Hilbilly_Ern. Then I think someone else had a set to be adopted.

Be patient and I'm sure Penny and Kona will be back sometime soon.

And that's a wrap! 20 coins offered, and 20 coins have been adopted out!

To the new recipients, please verify that the coin's mission is accurate to get to you (or to wherever you'd like it to go). Once you accept the adoption request, you will be able to edit or add to the coin's page as you like. Please make adjustments for the coin's destination as soon as possible, because I will be making an information sheet to go with each one. Please contact me if you have questions.

I will try to place everyone's coin in a cache over the next two weeks, but please have patience! There are many coins to get moving and there aren't always coin-sized caches to place them in.

13. Nelmel - adoption request sent

14. IITom23II - adoption request sent

15. sheltiedogshowlover - adoption request sent

16. Team Triggerfinger - adoption request sent

17. Kameharem - adoption request sent

18. Threeamigoz - adoption request sent

19. L_Y_H - adoption request sent

20. Hilbilly_Ern - adoption request sent

Edited by Penny and Kona

I just wanted to thank Penny and Kona for their will to give away coins and for the big efforts of managing and adopting out all of those coins, helping newbies getting into geocoins. Thank you! (In Norwegian we've got an adjective "gavmild", which probably means gift-friendly or something like that. Is there an English equivalent?)

I just wanted to thank Penny and Kona for their will to give away coins and for the big efforts of managing and adopting out all of those coins, helping newbies getting into geocoins. Thank you! (In Norwegian we've got an adjective "gavmild", which probably means gift-friendly or something like that. Is there an English equivalent?)

Hi, mamoreb! Thanks for this kind post. According to some online English-Danish dictionaries, I think an equivalent word in english is "generous." I just like seeing my coins travel, and think others would enjoy it as well. Not only that, there are that many more coins for other geocachers to discover or move! It's a win-win.

alright penny and kona have completed their coins

so who ever is next start posting and i will start

giving them out from here. i added 10 more to give out

so for now i have 20 but may add more before im done

i think i will still jenny and kona's idea and add

it into my post to keep track of them

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Adoption is completed, thank you Penny & Kona for the Saskatchewan Coin !

I have updated the destination from Luxembourg to Trier, Germany.

I hope the coin will make it to Europe some day and then come to Germany.

Take all the time you need to place the coin to a cache !!

I'd love to get a coin from mlrs1996, but I already got one from Penny and Kona. If you want to give me one that would be great, but you'll probably want to give priority to those that haven't received coins through "Pay it Forward" yet.

My coin from Penny and Kona has been in someone's hands for over 2 weeks now. I'm so impatient. :P I'd love to have a second coin so I can watch it travel from another place.

I'd love to get a coin from mlrs1996, but I already got one from Penny and Kona. If you want to give me one that would be great, but you'll probably want to give priority to those that haven't received coins through "Pay it Forward" yet.

My coin from Penny and Kona has been in someone's hands for over 2 weeks now. I'm so impatient. :P I'd love to have a second coin so I can watch it travel from another place.

The same person has my coin :P Its so hard to be patient...

The very 1st coin i found was in a cache about 1 mile into the woods.

when i found it i had no idea what it was but i took it home to check it out

when i pulled it up it had been missing for over 2 yrs. so i emailed the c/o and asked

them what they wanted me to do with it. so i ended up mailing it to them.

(so they do show back up sometimes)

also i have had some of my coins sit in caches for months before someone picked them

up or even hold them for a month or two before moving them along.

so if you dont have some patients (which i dont) you will drive yourself crazy watching them.

so when it happens to you you cant blame us we are telling you up front ....LOL

but to all that have sent the request for a coin i will start emailing adoptions when i get home this afternoon

thanks

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

i hope Tennesse jed doesnt get upset with me and if so let me know and i will change it back

but i was wanting to try something different.

i have alot of coins im going to give out 20 now and 20-30 at a later date

id like to try to give each person a coin they would like.

so if you would tell me what state or country you live in (incase i have one from that area)

or a couple of hobbies you have. i will see if i have anything per person that request a coin

if you dont really care and just want a coin to travel let me know that.

also im going to try to only give one coin per geocaching account and ask that if you have alot (say more than 10-15) coins please dont request one so the newer cachers have a chance. but if i dont give them out in a fast time frame then i will change it from there.

Edited by mlrs1996

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

i hope Tennesse jed doesnt get upset with me and if so let me know and i will change it back

so if you would tell me what state or country you live in (incase i have one from that area)

or a couple of hobbies you have. i will see if i have anything per person that request a coin

also im going to try to only give one coin per geocaching account and ask that if you have alot of coins please dont request one so the newer cachers have a chance. but if i dont give them out in a fast time frame then i will change it from there.

Hi, not sure if I qualify, but here It goes anyway :), I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I like anything about traveling, also planes and thing like that, in also love geocaching. But if I qualify I don't mind having a random coin :)

Thanks, TrynaFindaCache

1)TrynaFindaCache (adoption on the way)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

also im going to try to only give one coin per geocaching account and ask that if you have alot (say more than 10-15) coins please dont request one so the newer cachers have a chance. but if i dont give them out in a fast time frame then i will change it from there.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Pay it forward any way you want! :D

Since you asked for more details than I posted earlier, here goes:

We are a active little family. The boy (11) loves sailing his optimist dinghy, lego, playstation and anything with an engine. The girl (7) loves animals, barbies, and dancing. Our dog (2) loves looong hikes.

Us adults likes to be outside enjoying nature in all ways. the mum: going to the gym, scrapbooking/cardmaking, mountain climbing, traveling, and gardenwork. Some of my hobbies: minifanatic, rallying said mini, scubadiving, mountainclimbing, surf- and snowboarding.

we do geocaching as a family activity, and love to see new places where the caches brings us.

We would love to be on the adoption list :D

Edited by optimistene

1) TrynaFindaCache (adoption complete)

2) optimistene

3) welook4fun

4) optimistene

5) welook4fun

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Edited by mlrs1996

My family and I only started Geocaching 3 weeks ago, we came across a Geocoin on our second cache, we helped along and thought what a great hobby this is! We are addicted to Geocaching now, it is the greatest! We now plan routes to do everyweekend and plan on opening a bunch of caches around where we live in Northern BC. We currently don't own any geocoins and would love to addopt one, if possible, Thank you

2) optimistene

3) welook4fun

4) optimistene

5) welook4fun

6) fantastic4sum

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

I live in New York and I don't care much which coin you give me. Something Geocaching related would be great though.

2) optimistene

3) welook4fun

4) optimistene

5) welook4fun

6) fantastic4sum

7) Nived87

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)