Pay it Forward Geocoin Adoptions

Tennessee Jed

Updating list of recipients for my first donation to the "Pay It Forward" adoption mission - welcome (back?) Team_Merchlinsky!

1. gesharp - adoption request sent on 25 July 2010!

2. mekk

3. all Wright

4. KarateNeko2

5. DrGreenLeaf

6. TheKritters

7. FunkMaster-T (adoption will be sent to "HandsomeBoys" )

8. maxime81

9. Team_Merchlinsky

Thank u for the welcome back yes it is us the merchlinskys :( we are getting back in to the swing of things but as every one knows it can time time and thanks for the adopt :D

I stumbled across this today and thought I would post it here as proof that some geocoins DO fulfill their missions, thanks to conscientious geocachers!

I adopted a geocoin (TB222WV) to Team_Merchlinsky last year and it arrived close to them in just over THREE months. Really fantastic, even for any trackable. I'm sure they'll "pay it forward" when their able, but I thought anyone else who has received a coin in this thread would appreciate this.

Happy caching, everyone!

The coin i adopted by penny and kona TB2M4E6 haven´t travelled for a long time. It is now in the hands of a cacher since 10/11/2010 - i have written several mails with no result. I´m very sad about it... :(

But i wish all other adopted coins very very nice caches and a good trip! :D

Maybe you could send them a adoption request to the person holding the coin. They may not respond to that either, but it wouldn't hurt to try. :)

The coin i adopted by penny and kona TB2M4E6 haven´t travelled for a long time. It is now in the hands of a cacher since 10/11/2010 - i have written several mails with no result. I´m very sad about it... :(

But i wish all other adopted coins very very nice caches and a good trip! :D

Maybe you could send them a adoption request to the person holding the coin. They may not respond to that either, but it wouldn't hurt to try. :)

After asking several times for putting the coin into a cache, it´s traveling now again. ;D

mamoreb- if no one else has contacted you...We love trackables at our house. I would be honored to adopt it.

I saw that the coin scificollector adopted to you (TB3GDHN) in this thread actually made it to you guys - congratulations! This would be fun to post in the "Geocoin arrived where it wanted to go" thread, HERE.

Have you had a chance to "pay it forward?"

Updated list...

10. Little Miss Muffet

Ive got this one...

DSC01164.jpgDSC01165.jpg

This coin is especially true for young girls. My twins absolutely love this coin and I figured it was time to pass this forward to someone else. Enjoy the coin.

Adoption sent on 7/30/10

Thank you scificollector! You have made our day! I will pay it forward probably in Nov. (the NC Fall Fling is near our house this year.) I'm hoping to collect some goodies there.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps!

My bad. You are spot-on, Little Miss Muffet! :anicute:

I would love to adopt a coin!

I have started one coin and two bugs here in Norway, but they move pretty slowly, I guess especially due to winter time. It would be fun to follow a coin released in another part of the world!

I can start my coin for you here, if you like?

Thank you so much, I'm very excited! :) I wrote you a message through geocaching.com.

Mamoreb adopted this coin today TB38CYY I'm excited to see if it ever makes it to its new home.

Thank you for starting this thread 14 pages ago. I have received a coin and sent a coin out thru it. B)

It's time for me to get some spring cleaning accomplished, so I have another 20 coins available for the "pay it forward" adoption. I would prefer to adopt these coins over to someone who has NOT participated in this thread already, and who have few or no trackables already.

If you want specifics on how this works, please see Tennessee Jed's post #1 at the very beginning of this thread.

|

|

|

V

DONE!

dufzor is the lucky recipient of the first of my 20 geocoins up for adoption! The adoption request has been sent, and once I receive confirmation about its mission, I will place it in a cache.

1. dufzor

|

|

|

|

V

Thank you so much!!!!! I accepted the adoption. Is there anything else I should do, besides watch its progress? This is exciting! :D

We would love to adopt a coin! We are very new to geocaching.We have located two travel bugs, but have yet to see a real coin. I know my little boy would be excited to know he was a part of a coin traveling around. He has already picked out and named a shark travel bug that he wants me to get him, so hopefully someday soon we can get that for him. Right now we are working on saving for a GPS.

Thank you Little Miss Muffet for showing me this thread, you have been very kind and helpful in getting us started geocaching. :anicute:

i had the honors of finding and moving an adopted geocoin (CITO) and i was interested in knowing what this adoption thing was about :unsure: well i bought my daughter Kiara our first coin (purple butterfly) which she placed in some cache (unactivated) and lost it. we ended up being able to get the tracking number from a friend who had written it down and we activated it but she never saw it again :( so with that said i would love to adopt a coin for her. She is 5 and a typical girly girl... Maybe we get lucky here... ;)

Edited by town$ca$h

I'd like to adopt a geocoin! I'm pretty new to geocaching. I got 2 finds last summer and recently got back into it. I found on cache and half of a multi-cache a few days ago. I have a a travel bug that travels with me and I picked up my first the other day. I'm planning to leave it in a cache near an airport because it wants to go to Europe. I'd love to have a geocoin to watch as it travels!

Recent requests for coins have been received! I've added everyone's name to the list and will send adoption requests later on this evening.

For those of you who have been around a while, I hope you enjoy watching your coin travel.

For those of you who are new to geocaching AND who have picked up trackables in your first few caches, I hope you will follow the guidelines and keep them moving. It may bring good karma to you and your travelling geocoin! Make sure you place your hometown in your geocaching.com profile, so I can set your coin's mission to travel to you.

1. dufzor

2. munozfamily2004

3. wuster

4. town$ca$h

5. Nived87

6. MoonCat & KDT

|

|

|

V

Recent requests for coins have been received! I've added everyone's name to the list and will send adoption requests later on this evening.

For those of you who have been around a while, I hope you enjoy watching your coin travel.

For those of you who are new to geocaching AND who have picked up trackables in your first few caches, I hope you will follow the guidelines and keep them moving. It may bring good karma to you and your travelling geocoin! Make sure you place your hometown in your geocaching.com profile, so I can set your coin's mission to travel to you.

1. dufzor

2. munozfamily2004

3. wuster

4. town$ca$h

5. Nived87

6. MoonCat & KDT

|

|

|

V

I would very much like to be added to this list. i got my very first coin as a FTF prize a few days ago and now i am hooked. :smile:

Adoption requests received AND adoption notices sent! I will try to place these coins in caches THIS WEEK, so please make sure you provide complete information ON THE COIN'S PAGE as to where you'd like to to go. (NOTE: You must complete the adoption before you can edit your coin's page)

1. dufzor - adoption complete

2. munozfamily2004 - adoption request sent 6 March 2011

3. wuster - adoption request sent 6 March 2011

4. town$ca$h - adoption request sent 6 March 2011

5. Nived87 - adoption request sent 6 March 2011

6. MoonCat & KDT - adoption request sent 6 March 2011

7. MendoBowHunter - adoption request sent 6 March 2011

|

|

|

V

Adoption requests received AND adoption notices sent! I will try to place these coins in caches THIS WEEK, so please make sure you provide complete information ON THE COIN'S PAGE as to where you'd like to to go. (NOTE: You must complete the adoption before you can edit your coin's page)

|

|

|

V

Adoption Request Acceped

Thanks Penny and Kona! I can't wait to see my new geocoin travel. Hopefully it'll make it to my hometown. I'll be sure to pay it forward someday. :D

Here is this geocoins page if you want to watch it travel: TB2FEJ3

|

|

|

V

Received and i LOVE my coin! Thank you so much, and hopefully it will make it to my own cache, Tinder's Hideaway. Thanks again, and I will be sure to pay it forward.

4aede4c5-cfea-401c-aca2-79dc4da74c47.jpg

|

|

|

V

Adoption completed! Many thanks!! :grin: Looking to track its travel and making its way to HK!

It's time for me to get some spring cleaning accomplished, so I have another 20 coins available for the "pay it forward" adoption. I would prefer to adopt these coins over to someone who has NOT participated in this thread already, and who have few or no trackables already.

If you want specifics on how this works, please see Tennessee Jed's post #1 at the very beginning of this thread.

|

|

|

V

My daughters would love to be able to track an adoptable coin. We've only been caching for about a month and each time we've tried to find a geocoin/TB to help on its way, the cache has come up empty. Please let us know what we have to do. Thanks!

Working on the most recent adoption requests! Coins have been selected...I am working on uploading photos for the coins' pages so the new owners can see what should be heading their way.

To those of you who have requested a coin, please make sure your profile is updated with your home location so I can set that coin's mission to travel to you. Once you accept the adoption request (will come later on today!), you can edit the pages as you like.

Congratulations, and remember to "pay it forward" when you can...

2. munozfamily2004 - adoption complete

3. wuster - adoption complete

4. town$ca$h - adoption complete

5. Nived87 - adoption complete

6. MoonCat & KDT - adoption complete

7. MendoBowHunter - adoption complete

8. LA Shantyfan

9. Team Prime

10. TeamSchiap

11. Wyly Family

12. TrynaFindaCache

|

|

|

V

Once you accept your adopted coin, please verify that the coin's mission is to travel to your home location. If it's incorrect, please let me know through my gc.com profile.

8. LA Shantyfan - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

9. Team Prime - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

10. TeamSchiap - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

11. Wyly Family - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

12. TrynaFindaCache - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

|

|

|

V

Thanks, Penny and Kona. We will eagerly track this coin and pay it forward!

Once you accept your adopted coin, please verify that the coin's mission is to travel to your home location. If it's incorrect, please let me know through my gc.com profile.

8. LA Shantyfan - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

9. Team Prime - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

10. TeamSchiap - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

11. Wyly Family - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

12. TrynaFindaCache - adoption request sent on 14 March 2011

|

|

|

V

I would like to accept an adopted coin if possible. I would like to see how it works. I just started Geocaching last week, and have 5 cache's discovered. Been reading up on the coin game, and very interested what is going on with all this travel stuff and adopting out?

kini_ont (user here in the forums) was kind enough to put a coin in the mail for me, to start my collection! But if someone would adopt a coin to me so I can see travel, I would be grateful to you as well.

Thank you

nelmel

louisville, ky

Edited by Nelmel

are we allowed to get adopted 2 geocoins at once?

I can only speak for the coins I'm willing to activate and adopt out. I am limiting mine to one coin per cacher, because it's about the gesture, about getting coins into the world, and about believing in this mission enough to do the same for someone else. It's not a "rule" per se, but that's how I'm operating!

If you really like geocoins and like to watch them travel, there are some very reasonably priced coins available right now at some of the approved vendors. The list of approved vendors is HERE. Scroll to the bottom and click on the "Geocoin Manufacturers and Resellers" website.

also if mine gets to me do i just come on here and see who wants to adopt it?

The coin is YOURS to do with as you like. If it arrives to you, you can keep it as part of your collection. If it arrives to you, you can change the mission and send it back out into the world to gather more miles. You can change the mission for it to go somewhere else right now, although the piece of paper with it will still have the old mission! Or, you can adopt it over right now if you want - totally up to you.