Pay it Forward Geocoin Adoptions

Tennessee Jed

We have 3 travlers.....2 are trophys and will live at home as i really dont want them to get abducted.

this is our only real travler

Chilly Willy

We also have started our first TB hotel as our first cache and would love to pass some thru it. Willing to adopt whatever people dont want. Thanks for the offer and great idea. Hope to one day have some coins to help others with.

Adoption requests sent to:

hurlmon

davvvy

JB10-4

Waiting on activation code for a coin to send to QuiltinNana. I had to contact geocaching.com for the activation code, as the website associated with her Quilt Trail coin is no longer running. Once I get the activation code, I'll send the request and update my progress here.

Happy geocaching all!

Just thought I would update on my adopted coin from Penny and Kona (Lettuce go Caching - renamed to Lettuce find the HandsomeBoys) TB24J63...

Thus far it has:

Started in Texas...

Moved to Hawaii

Moved to NY State

Is taking a short rest in Ontario Canada...finally got to the right country, albeit the wrong side...lol...

It has visited 5 caches and travelled a total of 13961 km (8675 miles)

Thanks again Penny and Kona for adopting this coin to us...we are sure enjoying its travels!!

The HandsomeBoys (aka Funkmaster-T)

Thank you Penny and Kona we are off and running. Look forward to watching the travles and getting more coins and bugs.

Not to be rude or selfish but we can take more. We will pay some forward at a later date once our inventory is a little larger. Thanks to all who particapet in this great idea.

hurlmon

davvvy

JB10-4

Waiting on activation code for a coin to send to QuiltinNana. I had to contact geocaching.com for the activation code, as the website associated with her Quilt Trail coin is no longer running. Once I get the activation code, I'll send the request and update my progress here.

Happy geocaching all!

A real huge THANK YOU to Penny and Kona. I just started this summer with my son and he thought it would be cool to have a trackable to follow to us, but I didn't know anyone that i would be able to start one for us.

My son is going to be psyched! You made me look good :unsure:

Thanks again!

hurlmon

davvvy

JB10-4

Happy geocaching all!

Aw =) thank you so much! I will pay it forward as soon as I am able! :unsure:

Activation code received (thank you, www.geocaching.com !) and the adoption notice has been sent to QuiltinNana. Hope the Bay Leaf quilt coin is appropriate!

Activation code received (thank you, www.geocaching.com !) and the adoption notice has been sent to QuiltinNana. Hope the Bay Leaf quilt coin is appropriate!

Thank you so very much. The coin is so very appropriate as you can tell from my username, I am a Quilter as well as a cacher. I LOVE IT and will be thrilled to follow it's progress. I only had 1 coin out in the wild, and it only made 2 stops and has now disappeared. I'm hoping this one makes it home to me so I can see it's beauty in person. I plan to pay it forward, will let you know when I am ready.

i've gotten a few emails reguarding the coins, but i'm looking for someone that has no geocoins, no kid accounts made yesterday and the parents have 5000. if you know someone or are someone with not a single coin to your name PLEASE PM ME!!!! lol. thanks. ****update**** found one person. still some left if you know someone in need!

Edited by NicElliott

Well, i haven't sent a geocoin in a mission yet cause i am too attached to the few i have...

if you agree, i'd like to adopt it

I am sending you a adoption request for a coin that is traveling in Germany. Happy Holidays!

thanks man... I just accepted it. Gave it a new goal, so that I can pay it forward in the future

Well, i haven't sent a geocoin in a mission yet cause i am too attached to the few i have...

if you agree, i'd like to adopt it

I am sending you a adoption request for a coin that is traveling in Germany. Happy Holidays!

thanks man... I just accepted it. Gave it a new goal, so that I can pay it forward in the future

Thanks so much! Just keep me in mind when you receive it!

TB41833 has now been activated (it arrived on Saturday) and is ready to start it's voyage as soon as NCFabFive has adopted it.

It's a Scavok Night and Day geocoin, and I'm trying to work out the best ways to keep it and it's instructions together while travelling. I was thinking of laminating the instructions, and attaching them with the strongest tape that I can find to the flip that the coin is in. Anyone got any better suggestions?

Z.

I would love to adopt a coin!

I have started one coin and two bugs here in Norway, but they move pretty slowly, I guess especially due to winter time. It would be fun to follow a coin released in another part of the world!

I can start my coin for you here, if you like?

Thank you so much, I'm very excited! :) I wrote you a message through geocaching.com.

TB41833 has now been activated (it arrived on Saturday) and is ready to start it's voyage as soon as NCFabFive has adopted it.

It's a Scavok Night and Day geocoin, and I'm trying to work out the best ways to keep it and it's instructions together while travelling. I was thinking of laminating the instructions, and attaching them with the strongest tape that I can find to the flip that the coin is in. Anyone got any better suggestions?

Z.

Yay, Zwack & I.E. for paying it forward! Hopefully this gesture will mean "good coin karma both for the coin you've adopted AND the coin you're adopting out!

For the coins I've adopted out, I placed written instructions in the flip on the site opposite the coin. Yes, these can be removed, but if someone wants a coin there's little one can do about thief-proofing the mission/instructions for a trackable. I could have drilled the coins, but I didn't think the people who had adopted the coins would appreciate a damaged coin, if they are so lucky as to get theirs.

I don't have a picture of what the travelling coins looked like with their written instructions, but I included:

1) The city/state/province that the coin wanted to go to

2) The tracking number (TBxxxxx)

3) The tracking code (unique on each coin)

4) A statement that the coin was owned and NOT to be kept as SWAG

5) A statement that the coin should be logged onto geocaching.com

All of the above should be reiterated on the coin's page, although geocaching.com does a lot for you already (tracking number is specified on every trackable's page). You've already taken a picture of the coin, which is great for the new coin owner, as they may never see the coin "in person."

Yes, "trackable at geocaching.com" is on every coin, but I figured a little reinforcement can't hurt. When it comes to reading, there are three kinds of cachers:

Those who don't read anything (a clear majority, mainly because they are new and don't fully understand yet)

Those who read but ignore/don't care/unable to help with mission/or can't follow instructions

Those who read and do their best to follow through (precious few geocachers)

Good luck to the travels of this coin (a Night and Day coin - lovely!), and again, congratulations on paying it forward!

Z.

Yay, Zwack & I.E. for paying it forward! Hopefully this gesture will mean "good coin karma both for the coin you've adopted AND the coin you're adopting out!

For the coins I've adopted out, I placed written instructions in the flip on the site opposite the coin. Yes, these can be removed, but if someone wants a coin there's little one can do about thief-proofing the mission/instructions for a trackable. I could have drilled the coins, but I didn't think the people who had adopted the coins would appreciate a damaged coin, if they are so lucky as to get theirs.

I don't have a picture of what the travelling coins looked like with their written instructions, but I included:

All of the above should be reiterated on the coin's page, although geocaching.com does a lot for you already (tracking number is specified on every trackable's page). You've already taken a picture of the coin, which is great for the new coin owner, as they may never see the coin "in person."

Yes, "trackable at geocaching.com" is on every coin, but I figured a little reinforcement can't hurt. When it comes to reading, there are three kinds of cachers:

Those who don't read anything (a clear majority, mainly because they are new and don't fully understand yet)

Those who read but ignore/don't care/unable to help with mission/or can't follow instructions

Good luck to the travels of this coin (a Night and Day coin - lovely!), and again, congratulations on paying it forward!

Z.

In addition to this, if I am trading or selling to someone overseas I will send a few of my activated coins over there. They survive much longer than in the States. By the way, I have one or two over there that need a new owner.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

i would love to adopt a coin if there are any left. i havent owned a coin yet. i have been playing for about 2-3 weeks and moved several coins and TSs but i dont have one to call my own. i would love to set a goal for a coin and see how far it makes it. please let me know it you are willing to help. thank you all for this amazing game!!!!!!

I have a few coins that have started their travels in Germany if anyone who has no coins want one.

Decided to peek in on the thread and saw your post. The coin you so generously donated to me in March has moved from the Netherlands to France (800 miles) since I came into possession of it. I enjoy watching its travels and using Google Translate to "read" the logs. I wanted to publicly thank you once again, Tennessee Jed!! :)

BTW ~ if nobody steps forward with a request for a coin in Germany, once again, I'd love to adopt it. I can't get to Germany to visit a friend that lives there, so I will request that the coin stay in that country as my Proxy. :anicute:

After having a coin adopted to us from Penny & Kona a few months back......we are ready to pay it forward......

Justletmehave1 please email me a few of your interests to see what I can adopt over and head your way!

Happy Cache-ing!

hello Goos Crew,my girlfriend and i share this account on geocaching. my name is devin and she is angie. right now we are both in school to become mechanics. we love art and hotrods. we enjoy hikes with our dog for challenging caches. we like slap stick comedy and cartoons. we both have lots of piercings and tattoos. also we are both from irish decent. i was reading through you profile and it seems like you guys have a lot of fun with this. im glad people came up with this game. this is the best way to spend a day off. thank you! thank you!!! thank you!!!! and happy caching to you and your family! :P

I would love to adopt a coin!

I have started one coin and two bugs here in Norway, but they move pretty slowly, I guess especially due to winter time. It would be fun to follow a coin released in another part of the world!

I can start my coin for you here, if you like?

Thank you so much, I'm very excited! :) I wrote you a message through geocaching.com.

Mamoreb adopted this coin today TB38CYY I'm excited to see if it ever makes it to its new home.

Thank you for starting this thread 14 pages ago. I have received a coin and sent a coin out thru it. B)

Well, NCFabFive still hasn't responded... I'll give them a bit longer, but I might need to find another adoptee if they don't turn up within another month.

Z.

I'll adopt another one or 50! I have one stuck in colorado right now. It overshot my request, but am hoping it finally arrives next summer. Regardless, I'm happy to adopt and redirect coins. Feel free to email me an adoption invite for however many coins you are willing to adopt out! :o)

After having a coin adopted to us from Penny & Kona a few months back......we are ready to pay it forward......

Justletmehave1 please email me a few of your interests to see what I can adopt over and head your way!

Happy Cache-ing!

hello Goos Crew,my girlfriend and i share this account on geocaching. my name is devin and she is angie. right now we are both in school to become mechanics. we love art and hotrods. we enjoy hikes with our dog for challenging caches. we like slap stick comedy and cartoons. we both have lots of piercings and tattoos. also we are both from irish decent. i was reading through you profile and it seems like you guys have a lot of fun with this. im glad people came up with this game. this is the best way to spend a day off. thank you! thank you!!! thank you!!!! and happy caching to you and your family! :P

Devin & Angie -

I found the cord to the camera....let me get through the Xmas festivities tomorrow and I will attach a picture and send an adoption out to you in a couple days! Just wanted to let you know it will be placed in our local TB Hotel to start its journey as soon as you accept....my boss graciously gave me the week off....so we will surely be doing some caching! Merry Xmas....or whatever you may celebrate...or not!

Because a similar thread was very popular for a few days, I thought I would begin another one. The intent of this thread is to continue through the holidays but it can continue as long as it survives.

The premise is that those who have extra activated geocoins that may be doubles, coins that are no longer wanted, coins that will not sell or released coins someone does not want to keep track of, etc... For whatever reason, adopt them to someone who wants to see their own coin travel.

All you have to do is adopt the coin to someone in this thread who wants one and release it yourself. If this thread survives individuals can always participate and maybe companies that have extra coins with a certain prefix can also join.

To start this out I will donate the first twenty coins then maybe someone can donate a few more.

we would very much like to adopt a coin

if any one has one up for adoption

would be very much apreciated

thank you

Because a similar thread was very popular for a few days, I thought I would begin another one. The intent of this thread is to continue through the holidays but it can continue as long as it survives.

The premise is that those who have extra activated geocoins that may be doubles, coins that are no longer wanted, coins that will not sell or released coins someone does not want to keep track of, etc... For whatever reason, adopt them to someone who wants to see their own coin travel.

All you have to do is adopt the coin to someone in this thread who wants one and release it yourself. If this thread survives individuals can always participate and maybe companies that have extra coins with a certain prefix can also join.

To start this out I will donate the first twenty coins then maybe someone can donate a few more.

we would very much like to adopt a coin

if any one has one up for adoption

would be very much apreciated

thank you

I have just send you an adoption request. Have fun with watching the coin travelling :D