Pay it Forward Geocoin Adoptions

Tennessee Jed

My fiancee and I are brand new to geocaching, and we really want to send some coins out to watch them travel, but with both of us in school full time and planning a wedding, we can't afford any. If anyone has any left, we would love to adopt some. We will definitely repay the opportunity when we can.

I actually heard about geocaching from a friend and thought it was the perfect thing for the fiancee and I do to. It would get us outside (away from the non stop studying) doing something fun and it would be a semi-cheap date idea, since we are strapped for cash. We are using the Iphone right now, but my father said we could pick out the GPS we want and he would either pay for all or part of it (depending on how extravagant we get) as part as our wedding gift. Actually there was more to it... he said we couldn't get my mother involved with geocaching because according to him, she has too many hobbies already. Lol, but we can't wait to get out and do more Geocaching.

I would really love to adopt a coin if anyone would be kind enough!

Happy Easter! I have a coin for both of you. It may be a few days before I get the adoption request sent.

My fiancee and I are brand new to geocaching, and we really want to send some coins out to watch them travel, but with both of us in school full time and planning a wedding, we can't afford any. If anyone has any left, we would love to adopt some. We will definitely repay the opportunity when we can.

I actually heard about geocaching from a friend and thought it was the perfect thing for the fiancee and I do to. It would get us outside (away from the non stop studying) doing something fun and it would be a semi-cheap date idea, since we are strapped for cash. We are using the Iphone right now, but my father said we could pick out the GPS we want and he would either pay for all or part of it (depending on how extravagant we get) as part as our wedding gift. Actually there was more to it... he said we couldn't get my mother involved with geocaching because according to him, she has too many hobbies already. Lol, but we can't wait to get out and do more Geocaching.

Happy Easter! I have a coin for both of you. It may be a few days before I get the adoption request sent.

Oh wow, thank you! Can't wait!

I would really love to adopt a coin if anyone would be kind enough!

Adoption requests have been sent.

"Pay It Forward" is one of my all time favorite movies. I love the idea that has been started in this thread. I think it is really great of all of you to share your coins with some of us that can't get our own. My brother has already gifted me with some coins for me to own, but they are so much fun I would love to have another!

Thanks for your consideration!

I'd love to participate

hey Tom! How ya doin? Haven't seen you in a long time...maybe that's because we moved to Australia! I have a personal gardengorilla goes bush coin for you to adopt if you would like ;)

Thank you very much, I'd love to adopt your coin! ;):P

Australia? Hows the caching over there?

Great Tom! You would think that caching in Australia would be a year round thing but would you believe that sometimes it is too hot to cache?! Then of course in the 'winter' it rains for days and days and days... :laughing:

I sent your adoption request a couple of days ago...

Ok Tom, I personally handed your coin to Jellyfish at Australia's First Mega Event in Wagga Wagga. He is from Michigan....so maybe keep an eye out, it may be there sooner than you think!

"Pay It Forward" is one of my all time favorite movies. I love the idea that has been started in this thread. I think it is really great of all of you to share your coins with some of us that can't get our own. My brother has already gifted me with some coins for me to own, but they are so much fun I would love to have another!

Thanks for your consideration!

I am interested in adopting some as well

Thanks in advance!

I have a coin for both of you. Adoption requests will be sent soon.

hi there i am real new to geocaching. i have only found 3 so far.

i love the idea of geocoins but cant figure out why there so expensive i have found a average price of 10. dollars and up for a unactivated coin

i would love to start a collection of any type of geocoins so i'd love to adopt a coin.

i live in kitchener Ontario Canada

thank you

Kevin Webber

torbayns

Adoption requests have been sent to joespaz and peifamily. Enjoy your coins!

I was very excited to find an "Adoption Request" email yesterday. I think it is so great that someone I don't know would be kind enough to donate a coin for my enjoyment. I have to think of a goal for the coin now so that it can start its journey. I was thinking something like this:

"Pay It Forward" is one of my favorite movies. The goal of this coin is to let people know about this wonderful movie and movement. Please rent the movie "Pay It Forward" and watch it with your friends/family. Then move this coin on to another cache so others can learn about this idea also.

Thank you 2Golfers for being so generous as to gift one of your coins to me. When I can I'll see if I can "Pay It Forward" to some other Geocachers.

This is an awesome idea and if there are any left out there we would gladly adopt one. My 7 year old son has been on me to buy one for him but haven't found anywhere local to do that. I have heard there are some stores in Calgary that sell them and we will look next time we are down there. But he would think this was a awesome way to start. TIA

I am new to geocaching, three days to be exact. Have already found my first geocoin and travelbug. I would love to adopt a coin captivated or not I there are any available within the US, my only request is that I can arrange ups to pick it up so I can start its next journey from a cache near me. Or pkssably my first cache as I have planes for a couple.

I am new to geocaching, three days to be exact. Have already found my first geocoin and travelbug. I would love to adopt a coin captivated or not I there are any available within the US, my only request is that I can arrange ups to pick it up so I can start its next journey from a cache near me. Or pkssably my first cache as I have planes for a couple.

These are adoptions, rather than an outright physical gifting of the coin. The coins will have you listed as the owner, but will be released to travel by the one gifting you the coin. I'll see if I can get one ready for you. Once you receive the adoption, then you can determine the mission to assign to the coin. Keep an eye on the inbox.

I would be happy to adopt another coin if there is one looking for a home.

hi there i am real new to geocaching. i have only found 3 so far.

i love the idea of geocoins but cant figure out why there so expensive i have found a average price of 10. dollars and up for a unactivated coin

i would love to start a collection of any type of geocoins so i'd love to adopt a coin.

i live in kitchener Ontario Canada

thank you

Kevin Webber

torbayns

This is an awesome idea and if there are any left out there we would gladly adopt one. My 7 year old son has been on me to buy one for him but haven't found anywhere local to do that. I have heard there are some stores in Calgary that sell them and we will look next time we are down there. But he would think this was a awesome way to start. TIA

I have a coin for each of you. The adoption requests will be sent by tomorrow evening.

K

These are adoptions, rather than an outright physical gifting of the coin. The coins will have you listed as the owner, but will be released to travel by the one gifting you the coin. I'll see if I can get one ready for you. Once you receive the adoption, then you can determine the mission to assign to the coin. Keep an eye on the inbox.

That would be great and thank you for your generosity to help a new cached fuel an early addiction. The only reason I was interested in having it shipped was to have its mission start at one of the caches local to my area.

was to have its mission start at one of the caches local to my area.

All the coins that i have adopted have there mission to travel to one of the local caches in my area rather than from it.

This way i could go and collect the coin as and when it gets close enough, then just re-assign it to ttravel back to somewhere else!! maybe even to the original sender !!

Adoptions have been sent to and accepted by barrz123, torbayns and TreasureKid's.

Sad to say my current stash of Pay It Forward coins has been depleted. It has been a blast adopting coins to other coin lovers. Thank you Tennessee Jed for starting the coin adoptions. Hope all the coins travel far and long!

I discovered a couple coins in some swag I bought on eBay. Had hoped to adopt those, but I was asked to re-release them into the great outdoors again.

If there are any coins that need adopting still, I am happy to oblige and send them on new adventures, to boldly go where no coin has gone before! :unsure:

Oh! Iwish I had my friend! :rolleyes:

Well...

I will check the movement of some of my travellers to see if anyone that have more times, is moving! I wouldn't like to give a coin that is already stollen or lost!

Unfortunatelly many got stollen or they haven't moved for a long time and maybe they are gone!

If I see any movement.... who knows.... :D

Oh! Iwish I had my friend! :D

Well...

I will check the movement of some of my travellers to see if anyone that have more times, is moving! I wouldn't like to give a coin that is already stollen or lost!

Unfortunatelly many got stollen or they haven't moved for a long time and maybe they are gone!

If I see any movement.... who knows.... :D

I actually bought two activated coins in a bnc of swag I bought on eBay! The guy had them for 2-1/2 years!!!! Contacted the owners and I got them on their way again. I don't get the reason for keeping something you know someone else wants to move. :rolleyes:

hiya reddragon421 check your email in about 10 minutes time.

Thanks! It's my first adoption! It'll keep going. Once I get it to my area (soon I hope) I have a great idea for it. :D

im happy that i had one to adopt over to you, i had adopted afew from other people so i just wanted to share it forward.

hope you have fun watching it travel. :rolleyes:

How about an update on coins movements from the adoption thread: here are my previous and bold updates

1.TB1K0E6 0 miles

01/17/2009 - placed into crow hole (3.5/4.5)

12/20/2009 - adopted from Tennessee Jed

30/03/2010 - still sat in crow hole (3.5/4.5)

today - recorded as MIA

2.TBX9YM 93 miles

11/21/2009 - adopted from 2golfers

11/22/2009 - placed into Bear's and Dale's TB Hotel

12/5/2009 - retrieved

12/5/2009 - placed into Happy Holiday Happenin' III

12/5/2009 - retrieved

1/3/2010 - placed into Spoon River Westbound Bug Box

14/05/2010 - retrieved from spoon river (currantly in the hands of a cacher

3.TB2D44X 0 miles

12/6/2009 - adopted from steel city babes

01/1/2010 - placed into Walk for Cache

30/03/2010 - still sat in Walk for Cache

18/04/2010 - retrieved from Walk for Cache (currantly in the hands of a cacher)

4.TB2HBB9 107 miles

12/25/2009 - adopted from MustangJoni

01/23/2010 - placed into First Geo Breakfast of 2010

01/23/2010 - retrieved

2/19/2010 - placed into Come and Get It Event

2/20/2010 - retrieved

2/27/2010 - placed into TC 2010 planning event

2/27/2010 - retrieved

3/11/2010 - placed into I can't go to the Challenge!

3/13/2010 - retrieved by TT

today - still in the hands of TT (Have had good comunication with TT and the reason for holding so long is due to health reasons)

5.TB1E4T8 0 miles

12/23/2009 - adopted from DarrylW4 & Firefly03

12/28/2009 - placed into Be Radical Or Really Average

30/03/2010 - still sat in Be Radical Or Really Average

today - still sat in Be Radical Or Really Average - awaiting confirmation if its MIA or just not been moved

Edited by daveindeal

Paganfrog you are so generous! :P You donated to Reddragon a coin! :)

I made a little search and ... oh boy... 21 of my tavellers (I am not counting the lost or stollen ones..) haven't moved or droped in a chache for at least 3 months! :) Some were supposed to be in a race...

I haven't check how many of the ones that were adopted to me are still travelling... but I guess they are not many! :cry:

Paganfrog you are so generous! :) You donated to Reddragon a coin! :)

I made a little search and ... oh boy... 21 of my tavellers (I am not counting the lost or stollen ones..) haven't moved or droped in a chache for at least 3 months! :mad: Some were supposed to be in a race...

I haven't check how many of the ones that were adopted to me are still travelling... but I guess they are not many! :D

I try keeping an eye on travelers in my area and snag them when I know I am going somewhere. Otherwise, it seems my area is a TB/GC blackhole. Time stops here. I hope yours all start going soon! :blink:

Hello geocaching world! I am a fairly new geocacher. I love this idea of sending geocoins around the world. So far every coin I have found in a cache I grad a hold of and have moved them on, even if its to another cache down the road. If there are any geocoins available I would love to adopt one. Great idea and thanks for the opportunity.

Someone will be moving one of my long lost geocoins if someone would like to adopt it. :)

My Geo parents would probably like that. I gave them a TB tag and am going to give them a "ugliest coin" that I just got. Their geocache user id is bobncat3604. If you do, I could probably walk them through the process of adopting if you let me know.

Someone will be moving one of my long lost geocoins if someone would like to adopt it. :anicute:

Tennessee: I'm happy to adopt it. The one I got from paganfrog is stalled, but in the hands of a very active cacher so that's good at least. Happy to do the same for your little guy. :huh:

please dpnt thank me for the coin reddragon, it was originally tennessee jeds coin and i adopted it cos i love watching geocoins travel, but i already have a decent amount of coins so i just [aid it forwards to stop your coin list looking so empty. i made sure i didnt give you a mia coin its a slow traveller but is still alive.

have fun

I would like to adopt a geocoin if anybody has one they would like to adopt out.

I would also very much like to adopt a coin. I don't yet have any that I can bring myself to part with, but I will certainly pay it forward when I have one. Thank you for the consideration!

I would love to adopt a geocoin! I want to start collecting, but Iv'e found geocoins are quite expensive. So, adopting one here would be great. I also would like to watch it travel! I'd let it travel, then when it comes close to where I live, I'd pick it up, give it a good look, and either release it back to the wild or keep it for a while.Knowing that so many geocachers could have seen it and thought: "Wow! cool, a geocoin!"

So if anyone has one up to adopt, email me! Thank you!