Pay it Forward Geocoin Adoptions

Tennessee Jed

Well... I am not a doner... of course.. I do not know what future will bring...

About blood... well... I gave blood 7 times! People needed blood, I could give at that time, and I just gave! Does this count as donation? :D

Absolutely it counts! Every blood donation can save as many as 3 lives!! I have given 32 times!! It feels so good to think about all of the lives that I have helped!

I just found out about this thread from daveindeal: awesome idea, thank you to the OP and everybody else who offered coins.

I would love to adopt a coin if still possible and available. I released a TB and 2 cachekinz until now (3 more ready to go) but I would love to have a coin traveling.

Thanks again for such a great offer.

I just found out about this thread from daveindeal: awesome idea, thank you to the OP and everybody else who offered coins.

I would love to adopt a coin if still possible and available. I released a TB and 2 cachekinz until now (3 more ready to go) but I would love to have a coin traveling.

I too would love to adopt a coin if it is still available! :blink: Soudns like a lot of fun and really hope it works out!

I have a coin for both of you. Give me a day or two to get the adoption request sent.

I too would love to adopt a coin if it is still available! :) Soudns like a lot of fun and really hope it works out!

I have a coin for both of you. Give me a day or two to get the adoption request sent.

Adoption requests have been sent.

I also got the request and approved. I've never done this before so I was worried I may mess it up but it was easy.

Thank you so very much for this awesome thing you did. I hope someday I will be able to pay it forward.

Edited by pezeke13

We're an American Boy Scout Troop in Japan. They are sons of U.S. Navy service members. I have been teaching them about geocaching and would love to adopt a coin(s) to release here in Japan.

I would love to sent one for your troop to adopt and release in Japan...please contact me.

I mail out the mimbres 2.0 Geocoin today....now could someone tell me how go about adopting it to Troop76 so when they received it...it is their's???

We're an American Boy Scout Troop in Japan. They are sons of U.S. Navy service members. I have been teaching them about geocaching and would love to adopt a coin(s) to release here in Japan.

I would love to sent one for your troop to adopt and release in Japan...please contact me.

I mail out the mimbres 2.0 Geocoin today....now could someone tell me how go about adopting it to Troop76 so when they received it...it is their's???

If the coin is activated you go to http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and enter the tb# on the left side of your coin page along with the name of the new owner to send the request

If the coin is activated you go to http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/ and enter the tb# on the left side of your coin page along with the name of the new owner to send the request

Thank you very much...post office said it would be in Calie in two days but she didn't have any idea how long from / to Japan.

Thank you very much...post office said it would be in Calie in two days but she didn't have any idea how long from / to Japan.

That was very simple...I will bookmark the site....thanks so much for your help..and thank you for setting up this idea...I am excited to participate and see the coin hit Japan.

Hi ~ If anybody has a coin for adoption, I'd love to be considered. I was fortunate to have one adopted over to me in January, but since it was placed in a cache by the former owner, it hasn't moved (sitting for 2 months isn't very exciting on the *watch it move around* meter). ;)

I have a 3 TB's in the wild (they aren't moving much and one was just placed in an obscure cache today ... 40 visits in 4 yrs.) and 2 of my 3 GC's seem to be stuck moving around my own hometown, one of which went out of state and then was brought back to ... yes, my hometown!! :D

I'd love to adopt a coin ... and will pay it back when I'm in a position to do so.

THANKS!! :D

Hi ~ If anybody has a coin for adoption, I'd love to be considered. I was fortunate to have one adopted over to me in January, but since it was placed in a cache by the former owner, it hasn't moved (sitting for 2 months isn't very exciting on the *watch it move around* meter). :D

I have a 3 TB's in the wild (they aren't moving much and one was just placed in an obscure cache today ... 40 visits in 4 yrs.) and 2 of my 3 GC's seem to be stuck moving around my own hometown, one of which went out of state and then was brought back to ... yes, my hometown!! ;)

I'd love to adopt a coin ... and will pay it back when I'm in a position to do so.

THANKS!! :lol:

I've got a coin for you that is already traveling in Europe. It moves alot but the odometer does not work. :D

Hi ~ If anybody has a coin for adoption, I'd love to be considered. I was fortunate to have one adopted over to me in January, but since it was placed in a cache by the former owner, it hasn't moved (sitting for 2 months isn't very exciting on the *watch it move around* meter). :D

I have a 3 TB's in the wild (they aren't moving much and one was just placed in an obscure cache today ... 40 visits in 4 yrs.) and 2 of my 3 GC's seem to be stuck moving around my own hometown, one of which went out of state and then was brought back to ... yes, my hometown!! ;)

THANKS!! :lol:

I've got a coin for you that is already traveling in Europe. It moves alot but the odometer does not work. :D

THANK YOU so much, Tennessee Jed. I've accepted the adoption and have only edited the page to place an acknowledgment of the adoption and to thank you for your kindness and generosity! :D

As for the coin travelling in Europe, I've read in the forums that most of them seem to have a better survival rate and travel frequently. I am sooooooooo very happy to have received this coin. THANK YOU, once again!! :lol::lol::P;):):D:D:):) (9 smileys ... and 9 is also the month of my birth ... did I mention yet that I'm happy to have this coin?!?) :)

If anyone has any more coins up for adoption, I'd love to adopt one. I'm fairly new to caching, and haven't found any coins yet (did find a pathtag yesterday), but would love to be able to show my son how the coins work (and maybe a little geography to boot). When I get some coins I will definitely pay it forward. Thanks for the consideration.

If anyone has any more coins up for adoption, I'd love to adopt one. I'm fairly new to caching, and haven't found any coins yet (did find a pathtag yesterday), but would love to be able to show my son how the coins work (and maybe a little geography to boot). When I get some coins I will definitely pay it forward. Thanks for the consideration.

I got this one.

I'd love to participate

hey Tom! How ya doin? Haven't seen you in a long time...maybe that's because we moved to Australia! I have a personal gardengorilla goes bush coin for you to adopt if you would like :laughing:

Thank you very much, I'd love to adopt your coin! :laughing::(

Australia? Hows the caching over there?

Great Tom! You would think that caching in Australia would be a year round thing but would you believe that sometimes it is too hot to cache?! Then of course in the 'winter' it rains for days and days and days... :P

I sent your adoption request a couple of days ago...

Hi just started geocaching here in Vienna, Austria - although got introduced to it by family last year. If there are any coins available, we're definitely willing to adopt and as soon as we have a double, will offer it up for adoption. This is really a cool idea. Thanks!

My fiancee and I recently created our first cache while I was visiting her for spring break. We live some 1000 miles apart right now, with her in Ontario and me at university in Tennessee. With me graduating this May and my cross-continental move/our wedding/our new lives controlling all of our budgeting, we're too financially restrained currently to let ourselves buy any geocoins, as much as we'd like to. If anyone has the generosity to spare, we'd love to get one out there in our name. Watching our cache's logs and past trackables we've discovered helps take our minds off the stress of distance and getting our lives together over the coming months, so having our own coin to watch would be especially fun.

We'd love to participate as givers in threads like this once we're on our feet, in the true spirit of paying generosity forward, regardless of if anyone has a coin to adopt presently. :)

My fiancee and I recently created our first cache while I was visiting her for spring break. We live some 1000 miles apart right now, with her in Ontario and me at university in Tennessee. With me graduating this May and my cross-continental move/our wedding/our new lives controlling all of our budgeting, we're too financially restrained currently to let ourselves buy any geocoins, as much as we'd like to. If anyone has the generosity to spare, we'd love to get one out there in our name. Watching our cache's logs and past trackables we've discovered helps take our minds off the stress of distance and getting our lives together over the coming months, so having our own coin to watch would be especially fun.

We'd love to participate as givers in threads like this once we're on our feet, in the true spirit of paying generosity forward, regardless of if anyone has a coin to adopt presently. :D

I've got this one. It's good to see a local cacher in the forums!

I'm not sure if their are any coins left to be adopted, but my family just recently started geocaching and only have a collection of two coins and I was looking forward to introducing some more to our city, cause my city seemed to have very few in it.

I've got this one. Its great to give back to the geocaching community.

I've got this one. It's good to see a local cacher in the forums!

Wow, thank you so much, from the both of us. Well, Crys hasn't seen yet, but I'll be showing this to her as soon as I catch her online tonight, and I'm sure she'll be excited too. :(

Is this the same geocoin design? http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=163073

If so, were there really only 10 of these minted? :D

Even if there were 10,000 made, we're super happy to be the new owners of this one and hope it stays safe in its travels. :(

Are we now free to change our little coin's goal from being a discovery coin to something else? (Like, "To one day travel to Ontario and greet its owners for the first time, wandering from cache to cache until then." or something to that effect)

Thank you very much, and I hope to eventually pay a visit to some of your Tennessee caches, should I happen to get myself a car and the means to do so.

I'm not sure if their are any coins left to be adopted, but my family just recently started geocaching and only have a collection of two coins and I was looking forward to introducing some more to our city, cause my city seemed to have very few in it.

I've got this one. Its great to give back to the geocaching community.

Thanks! PM me more about it!

Adopting a coin would be very cool. If there are any to give, please PM me!

Are these coins activated or are they extras that are still not activated?

Im new to geocaching (just hit 50 finds this weekend) and am really interested in getting into geocoins. But as Ive graduated and all money is now going to pay rent. If anyone is still willing to allow me to adopt Id love to have the chance! Thanks!

I have a coin for each of you.

The coins I have are extras and need to be activated before the adoption process. Some of the Pay It Forward coins have been traveling before someone gives them up for adoption.

Edited by 2golfers

Adopting a coin would be very cool. If there are any to give, please PM me!

Are these coins activated or are they extras that are still not activated?

Im new to geocaching (just hit 50 finds this weekend) and am really interested in getting into geocoins. But as Ive graduated and all money is now going to pay rent. If anyone is still willing to allow me to adopt Id love to have the chance! Thanks!

I have a coin for each of you.

The coins I have are extras and need to be activated before the adoption process. Some of the Pay It Forward coins have been traveling before someone gives them up for adoption.

I would LOVE to adopt one of the Diabetes Travelers which were released a couple/three years back. I dunno, maybe they were all owned by the diabetes foundation which may have released the, rather than individual cachers. In that case, my wish is most likely not a valid one.

I have seen them listed as being in maybe 20-25 of the Arkansas caches I have found, but I have yet to see a single one in person. They must have been hugely popular for the less-honest amongst us, since that seems like a VERY high disappearence percentage.

Beause of me never yet seeing one (I've tried, trust me), I can't even really remember if they are actual coins or Bugs. I think the pictures of them show a light-blue circle of metal, or something similar. Either or, I'd like to get my name attached to one of thoe, if that's possible, since I have relatives & friends who have/have had diabetes.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it more than words could say. If you can't help, well, I understand & that's okay too.

I was wondering... How are the adopted cins going? Are they travelling far, in beautiful places? Are they moving? Or.. :wub:

I had some loses..... :(

So... let's see... If Ted allow it of course... how your new adopted coins go, and how many of you visited this thread because of a coin ou saw? :D

Let's give some life to this thread until new coins will come for adoption... shall we? :wub:

Edited by GATOULIS

I was wondering... How are the adopted cins going? Are they travelling far, in beautiful places? Are they moving? Or.. :D

I had some loses..... B)

So... let's see... If Ted allow it of course... how your new adopted coins go, and how many of you visited this thread because of a coin ou saw? :drama:

Let's give some life to this thread until new coins will come for adoption... shall we? :(

The coins I sent to Japan arrived and Troop76 took the Fallen Heroes to a Geofest held there this past weekend. I have copied and pasted their response below:

3/27/2010 Troop76 posted a note for In Honor of Sgt. Lonnie C. Allen Jr.

kdlutz41 graciously sent us this coin to release in Japan. We released it at the Tara Mtn geofest. We will post photos soon.

3/27/2010 YASOO8133 grabbed In Honor of Sgt. Lonnie C. Allen Jr. from

grabbed @ tara mountain geofest.

3/7/2010 Soloban discovered In Honor of Sgt. Lonnie C. Allen Jr.

Saw this in the hands of the Scouts of Troop 76 at the Tara Mtn Geofest.

12/28/2009 kdlutz41 posted a note for In Honor of Sgt. Lonnie C. Allen Jr.

I purchased 4 of the Fallen Heroes Geocoins, and gave to my great neice and great nephew's for Christmas...I sent this coin to Troop76..

I also sent them them Mimbres 2.0 Geocoin...

I look forward to seeing the pictures and I will post here also. :D

My fiancee and I are brand new to geocaching, and we really want to send some coins out to watch them travel, but with both of us in school full time and planning a wedding, we can't afford any. If anyone has any left, we would love to adopt some. We will definitely repay the opportunity when we can.

I actually heard about geocaching from a friend and thought it was the perfect thing for the fiancee and I do to. It would get us outside (away from the non stop studying) doing something fun and it would be a semi-cheap date idea, since we are strapped for cash. We are using the Iphone right now, but my father said we could pick out the GPS we want and he would either pay for all or part of it (depending on how extravagant we get) as part as our wedding gift. Actually there was more to it... he said we couldn't get my mother involved with geocaching because according to him, she has too many hobbies already. Lol, but we can't wait to get out and do more Geocaching.

Since the start of P.I.F i have had 5, there details are as followed:

1.TB1K0E6 0 miles

01/17/2009 - placed into crow hole (3.5/4.5)

12/20/2009 - adopted from Tennessee Jed

today - still sat in crow hole (3.5/4.5)

2.TBX9YM 93 miles

11/21/2009 - adopted from 2golfers

11/22/2009 - placed into Bear's and Dale's TB Hotel

12/5/2009 - retrieved

12/5/2009 - placed into Happy Holiday Happenin' III

12/5/2009 - retrieved

1/3/2010 - placed into Spoon River Westbound Bug Box

3.TB2D44X 0 miles

12/6/2009 - adopted from steel city babes

01/1/2010 - placed into Walk for Cache

today - still sat in Walk for Cache

4.TB2HBB9 107 miles

12/25/2009 - adopted from MustangJoni

01/23/2010 - placed into First Geo Breakfast of 2010

01/23/2010 - retrieved

2/19/2010 - placed into Come and Get It Event

2/20/2010 - retrieved

2/27/2010 - placed into TC 2010 planning event

2/27/2010 - retrieved

3/11/2010 - placed into I can't go to the Challenge!

3/13/2010 - retrieved

5.TB1E4T8 0 miles

12/23/2009 - adopted from DarrylW4 & Firefly03

12/28/2009 - placed into Be Radical Or Really Average

today - still sat in Be Radical Or Really Average