Multi Event Idea

avroair

I realize that a coin can't be given to everyone involved with hosting the events, or everyone that had $ involved in the project, However in the FEW cases where a coin was split between events, I think one should be at least offered for sale to the host of the second event.... I'd be willing to purchase one.

...just my .02 worth...

You should just join the club for 1 month then. It's probably 1$ to $2 cheaper that way. Seriously.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I realize that a coin can't be given to everyone involved with hosting the events, or everyone that had $ involved in the project, However in the FEW cases where a coin was split between events, I think one should be at least offered for sale to the host of the second event.... I'd be willing to purchase one.

...just my .02 worth...

You should just join the club for 1 month then. It's probably 1$ to $2 cheaper that way. Seriously.

Yes if you can still join in time to get the Mardi Gras. Then that way you get two coins!

...just my .02 worth...

Yes if you can still join in time to get the Mardi Gras. Then that way you get two coins!

two coins and a pin :)

It's in their latest email newsletter that arrived in my inbox overnight, so I would think the offer is definitely still valid.

Ok so let me see if I've got this correct, if you where to sign up as a member to the coin club you'd receive a Mardi Gras coin. But if you split the order of the event coin and wasn't the person to order - you get zilch, nil, nada :)

Yep :unsure:

But I am not the one handing out the coins, but will send a friendly email to Emma on your behalf. :unsure:

Full understand that it is not your decision, thank you for the support greatly appreciated :huh:

Ok so let me see if I've got this correct, if you where to sign up as a member to the coin club you'd receive a Mardi Gras coin

But if you split the order of the event coin and wasn't the person to order - you get zilch, nil, nada :)

When I first read this I thought everyone on the list that Eltada made would be getting a coin which include the co-hosts, but that doesn't sound like it's the case anymore.

I am in the same situation as Kini_ont and some others who shared an order. Myself (55 coins) and t4e (45 coins) split a coin order for Ontario for our 2 events. I let her handle the ordering of the coins, so I guess I may be out of luck too. I won't lose sleep over it, but special coins are always nice to get. Either way the 10 Years coins really turned out nice.

Ok so let me see if I've got this correct, if you where to sign up as a member to the coin club you'd receive a Mardi Gras coin. But if you split the order of the event coin and wasn't the person to order - you get zilch, nil, nada :(

Yep :D

But I am not the one handing out the coins, but will send a friendly email to Emma on your behalf. :D

Full understand that it is not your decision, thank you for the support greatly appreciated :D

Email sent. I have 1 for trade (Mardi Gras) if anyone is interested. You could sign up for the club 5 times and get 5 of em. :D

Ok so let me see if I've got this correct, if you where to sign up as a member to the coin club you'd receive a Mardi Gras coin. But if you split the order of the event coin and wasn't the person to order - you get zilch, nil, nada :(

Yep :D

But I am not the one handing out the coins, but will send a friendly email to Emma on your behalf. :D

Full understand that it is not your decision, thank you for the support greatly appreciated :D

Email sent. I have 1 for trade (Mardi Gras) if anyone is interested. You could sign up for the club 5 times and get 5 of em. :D

Seriously? I thought it was just one per person. Hmmm sign up twice get two more kind of nice......

Mark, I understand this is not your decision to give coins to the event hosts and not the co-hosts. I just wanted to say that I'm sure most of the co-hosts helped pay for and choose colors for their event coins. So by giving coins to the 'official' hosts and not the co-hosts I think it makes it uncomfortable between the two. Just my opinion.

On a second note, if you still have that Mardi Gras for trade please email me and let me know. I would love to trade you for one.

thanks

Wanna

ooh just read everything now, co-hosts don't get one? :(

would be fair if they did, i don't think there's that many that have been co-hosted anyway and can look at it like this, if i had no one to share the order with, in my case res2100, i wouldn't have made an order at all, 100 coins would have been too much

maybe that's the case for all those that shared one so technically there would have been some business lost if there were no co hosts

maybe some consideration can be given

I am pretty sure my co-host has no interest in a Mardi Gras coin as they are not big coiners but, for those who are, I really don't think it is fair to leave out the co-hosts as many of hem shelled out some $$ to get the event and coins done, a thank you is needed for them too.

I appreciate that Oak is giving these coins to the hosts for this event. With all the complaints logged, I'm sure it will be the last time it happens.

Wanna, I'm willing to give mine up if you want it.

Yeah unfortunately that is probably what is going to happen :laughing:

I joined the club a few days ago to sure to get one for my cohost too.....That also thanks Oakcoins for this large project they took on. Yep they got paid for it but I'm sure these types of projects are a hassle for them.

I have 2 questions.

One is very specific: When do we get the Mardi Gras edition or when will we hear about it officialy?

The other one is for you all. Does anyone know at which event the Rhinelander edition was sold? Or at least a part of the 200 coins that were produced. The rest was sold at the Geocoinstore.

Does anyone know at which event the Rhinelander edition was sold? Or at least a part of the 200 coins that were produced.

Somewhere in Texas.

Bedankt, dankje (meaning Thank you, thanks)

The rest was sold at the Geocoinstore.

You mean Geoswag ;-)

That's what I said, didn't I? :blink:

I appreciate that Oak is giving these coins to the hosts for this event. With all the complaints logged, I'm sure it will be the last time it happens.

Thanks Joni but the Mardi Gras coin isn't really my color choice. I really love the Texas coin and am very happy with it.

I would like to say that I wasn't trying to complain and ruin it for the hosts of future events. I was just stating that I think maybe Oak Coins should have put more thought into their gift giving.

It is a very nice gesture on their part.

Edited by cache_in_hand

Thanks Joni but the Mardi Gras coin isn't really my color choice. I really love the Texas coin and am very happy with it.

I would like to say that I wasn't trying to complain and ruin it for the hosts of future events. I was just stating that I think maybe Oak Coins should have put more thought into their gift giving.

As far as I know, there hasn't been done any gifting yet. And Oakcoins did not say if and who they are going to give presents. There is a saying in Dutch that says you shouldn't sell the skin before the bear was shot. I guess you get my drift.

I just feel like since we split the cost of the order, the coin won't be mine. We should get together and decide who gets it. Just because it will arrive in my mail box, does not make me the owner of the coin. We were partners in the event.

Maybe arm wrestle for it. :rolleyes:

I was just stating that I think maybe Oak Coins should have put more thought into their gift giving.

Totally disagree. In future I am not going to do any gift coins, it's not worth the bother it sets off.

Sorry that's a shame :blink:

Too bad others didn't do what I did--join the club. It's getting two coins and a pin for the price of one. AND you don't have to sign up for months on end. I was going to gift the Mardi Gras coin from the Club to my cohost.

I know you all at Oak Coins worked very hard to get the coin designed (well done I might add), get all the color choices done correctly, keep the cost of it down and get it to all the events on time. I really do appreciate that.

LadyBee4T, excellent suggestion.

Edited by cache_in_hand

Just letting you know that a Mardi Gras 10 Years coin showed up in my mail box this morning. I want to give a hearty THANK YOU to OakCoins & Avroair for this delightful gift!! :unsure: I also want to send a huge THANK YOU to ELTADA who assisted Avroair in organizing this project and managing the websites for the participants without who's help we would have been hopelessly disorganized! I know that it a big job just having one coin made but getting 35+ versions made is mind boggling!

:lol::):)THANK YOU!!! :):):)

CF30

I received a Marti Gras 10 Years geocoin today too...a big THANK-YOU to Mark and Oakcoins for the generous gift!

As a co Host I'm not receiving a coin but still think Mark. Eltada and Oakcoins did a great job getting these coins made and delivered in time for the events.

Thank You All

I have 2 questions.

One is very specific: When do we get the Mardi Gras edition or when will we hear about it officialy?

The other one is for you all. Does anyone know at which event the Rhinelander edition was sold? Or at least a part of the 200 coins that were produced. The rest was sold at the Geocoinstore.

There is a Rhinelander on ebay if you (or anyone) are looking for one. All of the money is going to help a couple pay for an adoption. It's a wonderful thing to help someone with their dream to become parents.

I believe Oakcoins is taking care of people.

The rhinelander was sold to an event Georgia, Texas and Oregon I believe.

The only other Georgia event (besides mine) that I saw offering a 10 Year coin was the Cache Royale version. I had extras in case someone else from Georgia wanted to offer "Georgia" coins but no one contacted me and instead ordered the Cache Royale's.

I can't wait to get home and check my mail for a Mardi Gras version!!

Janet

I received a Marti Gras 10 Years geocoin today too...a big THANK-YOU to Mark and Oakcoins for the generous gift!

As a co Host I'm not receiving a coin but still think Mark. Eltada and Oakcoins did a great job getting these coins made and delivered in time for the events.

Thank You All

I wouldn;t be so sure. I believe co-hosts will be gettin them... seems my email did persuade some minds. :unsure:

Thank You All

I wouldn;t be so sure. I believe co-hosts will be gettin them... seems my email did persuade some minds. :)

Thank you avroair, Oakcoins and specially ELTADA :D

Just letting you know that a Mardi Gras 10 Years coin showed up in my mail box this morning. I want to give a hearty THANK YOU to OakCoins & Avroair for this delightful gift!! :) I also want to send a huge THANK YOU to ELTADA who assisted Avroair in organizing this project and managing the websites for the participants without who's help we would have been hopelessly disorganized! I know that it a big job just having one coin made but getting 35+ versions made is mind boggling!

:D:lol::mad:THANK YOU!!! :mad::mad::P

CF30

I also received the Mardi Gras coin and I couldn't say it better than Sarah--- I agree wholeheartedly with her!!

A big thank you!!

Many thanks to Mark, Eltada, and Oakcoins for designing, coordinating, and minting the 10 years! multi-event coin. As this was the first big event that my co-host (Gelugon) and I have done, we were especially impressed with amount of effort it must have took from those three to pull this Multi-event off.

Thanks again and also thanks for the Mardi Gras coin which arrived today.

Thank You All

I wouldn;t be so sure. I believe co-hosts will be gettin them... seems my email did persuade some minds. :)

That was very nice on your part, thank you.

Big thank you to the hosts and the co-hosts who step up to the plate and host the events! I love see such variation in versions of the same coin. The multi events are time-consuming but lots of fun and I would encourage others to join in! Thanks again!

Avroair

A party showed up at my house tonight when I got home! I'd like to add my voice to the choir of thanks and support for Avroair and Eltada for putting this together. :angry:

Also, thank you for my bright little party coin! I love seeing the variations on all the coins and I like taking out my mini-set to show people how different one design can look. ;)

Great job everyone! This was my first hosted event, and it was a bit of a crazy ride, but a fun one for sure!