Multi Event Idea

avroair

Emerald Coast is willing to do pre event trades for other 10 yr! event coins. If you are interested and haven't been in contact with us, Email us at scificollector@gmail.com.

We are due to get the coins in on April 22nd. All Pre Event trades already arranged will ship April 23rd.

You can't do that. We all agreed not to do anything with the coins until the event (it's on the google pages). So you really can't ship trades until May 3rd.

Ummm Really? :):);)

Remember some of the event hosts want to have other event coins for display at their events too....

That's what the pages said and also what mark said to me personally on the phone. Glad to know everyone is breaking the rules.

Direct quote from the particpant google pages:

Sales

Event hosts will be selling the coins for $10.00 each. In agreeing to be part of the multi-event coin project, all hosts cannot sell or distribute the coins before May 1st.

Please note the bold, thank you very much.

So you are saying that I cannot trade with the host of an event that already has a version of the same base coin that I am sending them because it the letter of the agreement we all made even if it violates common sense. We are entrusting the hosts not to distribute or sell their coins to others before event weekend but we can't trust them to do the same for other versions of the coin?

I do realize that I am the new kid on the block and it was my assumption that this was done with the last multi event as no one else that I talked with thought this was unusual or against the agreement. I had several offers for trade of the coin with non-hosts to which I replied, "Once the event is over, I would be glad to entertain offers of trades or sales of what I have left".

I will abide by the letter of the agreement but I really think that this is very silly. How does delaying trades between hosts of the events before the event affect anything?

The only thing it really does is not allow us to show how different areas of the world can take the same base coin and put their personal spin on the design. I was hoping to have a few varieties of the event coin to show people new to geocaching and/or geocoin collecting in order to drum up new recuits to our passion. :)

You can't do that. We all agreed not to do anything with the coins until the event (it's on the google pages). So you really can't ship trades until May 3rd.

BTW since we are all being rule lawyers here, my trades to other event hosts will be dropped off at the Post office at 12am on May 1st since that will be satisfying the letter of the agreement not to distribute before May 1st.

all hosts cannot sell or distribute the coins before May 1st.

That's what the pages said and also what mark said to me personally on the phone. Glad to know everyone is breaking the rules.

Sales

Event hosts will be selling the coins for $10.00 each. In agreeing to be part of the multi-event coin project, all hosts cannot sell or distribute the coins before May 1st.

what google pages,i have read every page of the google site for the coin project, what agreement...what are you talking about? :)

yes i have knowledge of the "no selling before the event", however i have never seen anything regarding no trading before the event

i'm sorry, maybe i am blind so please tell me where on the google pages is that agreement and where exactly is the "Direct quote from the particpant google pages" you used

nm, i found the quote, is under Pricing tab...however still doesn't say anything about trading

Edited by t4e

Sales

what google pages,i have read every page of the google site for the coin project, what agreement...what are you talking about? :)

yes i have knowledge of the "no selling before the event", however i have never seen anything regarding no trading before the event

i'm sorry, maybe i am blind so please tell me where on the google pages is that agreement and where exactly is the "Direct quote from the particpant google pages" you used

nm, i found the quote, is under Pricing tab...however still doesn't say anything about trading

I'm not going to argue with any of you. I'm not on the event committee and I had nothing to do with the text on that website. I did however see it when I was pricing my event's coin attributes and was well aware it was there. But just for the record, trading IS a form a distribution.

Edited by AtlantaGal

apparently my coins are floating around in Nomansland since the 16th :)

last update:

Detailed Results:

*International Dispatch, April 16, 2010, 1:46 pm, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

*Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 1:46 PM on April 16, 2010.

Edited by t4e

Sales

I'm not going to argue with any of you. I'm not on the event committee and I had nothing to do with the text on that website. I did however see it when I was pricing my event's coin attributes and was well aware it was there. But just for the record, trading IS a form a distribution.

So the people that are sharing coin can not distribute the coins to the other event until May 1?

Sales

So the people that are sharing coin can not distribute the coins to the other event until May 1?

I think that if you take it literally it does say that! AND if your event was on April 30 you couldn't sell them either even though 4-30 events are included as 10! Year events. That doesn't make senxe either.

IMHO I think that the intent of that sentence was so that we wouldn't sell them to non event hosts or publicly prior to the events

I have to say, I think it depends on the intent of the event host. My intent when I purchase these coins is to have a coin available for the event attendees, first and foremost. I know that if I went to an event, and the coins sold out, like they did at my last event, I would be very disappointed to know that the event host had traded the coins before the event.

Of course I know that many of you purchase extra coins just to trade. Unfortunately, it is a big expense for me, and generally just buy the minimum coins that I can. I hope it is enough for my attendees, but looking at my cache page, I'm afraid I'm going to be short again.

Sales

I think that if you take it literally it does say that! AND if your event was on April 30 you couldn't sell them either even though 4-30 events are included as 10! Year events. That doesn't make senxe either.

IMHO I think that the intent of that sentence was so that we wouldn't sell them to non event hosts or publicly prior to the events

I have asked Avroair about this and I have receved the following from him.

They are not supposed to be distributed to the public or sold to individuals. Trading between hosts for showcasing is fine.

I hope that he will come here and echo his e-mail. But from his email trading between hosts is fine. If anyone wants to trade for a MN that have not been already arranged, please e-mail me. The tracking on my coins indicates that they are on a truck for deliver today.

Well, I won't be able to sent coins out yet. According to scheme the coins should have arrived on april 15th. But there is a volcano in Iceland that decided to errupt and shoot out a plume of ashes.

So planes stayed on the ground untill today. The ban is lifted. So I hope to get the coins in hand soon.

Be glad that it is only your coins that are stranded. I am stuck in Dubai due to the volcano and can not get back to the US until the 28th at the earliest. ;)

Well, I won't be able to sent coins out yet. According to scheme the coins should have arrived on april 15th. But there is a volcano in Iceland that decided to errupt and shoot out a plume of ashes.

So planes stayed on the ground untill today. The ban is lifted. So I hope to get the coins in hand soon.

Be glad that it is only your coins that are stranded. I am stuck in Dubai due to the volcano and can not get back to the US until the 28th at the earliest. ;)

Just a silly thought (probably). Could get on a freighter that sails home? I realy don't know how long that would take.

I have to say, I think it depends on the intent of the event host. My intent when I purchase these coins is to have a coin available for the event attendees, first and foremost. I know that if I went to an event, and the coins sold out, like they did at my last event, I would be very disappointed to know that the event host had traded the coins before the event.

Of course I know that many of you purchase extra coins just to trade. Unfortunately, it is a big expense for me, and generally just buy the minimum coins that I can. I hope it is enough for my attendees, but looking at my cache page, I'm afraid I'm going to be short again.

My main intent is also to have coins available for event attendees. A few people have contacted me to trade event coins, but I told them that they are first available to my attendees, and if any remain afterwards, then we will accept trades offers. Just like Joni, we also order just the minimum. We took reservations on our event page...it is not looking like will will have many (if any) after the event.

Got mine via Fed Ex yesterday and I had to sign for mine, glad I was home.

005-2-1.jpg

So when are the activation codes going to be active on these? I want to place one in a 5/5 cache on May 1st during my event.

They are probably already active. Have you tried activating one?

Well, I'm quite annoyed. :rolleyes: Not ONLY did the mint NOT follow my instructions on where to place the enamels THEY USED THE WRONG GLITTER!!!!! ;):unsure::blink::o:mad:

I wanted the Laser Glitter - you know - very sparkly, very WHITE?!? What I get it this not very sparkly yellowish stuff!!! :mad::mad::mad: . This is NOT, NOT, NOT what I ordered!!! Needless to say I am less than pleased. And there is no time for a re do... :(

Next time we MUST do individual blueprints!!!

CF30

I am starting to get worried. Still no sign of our coins.

Did you all get tracking numbers for the delivery? Because I didn't.

So there's no way for me to find out where my delivery is at the moment.

The package should have been delivered on the 15th according to dates provided on our site.

005-2-1.jpg

So when are the activation codes going to be active on these? I want to place one in a 5/5 cache on May 1st during my event.

NO I was waiting until the 1st to activate one, I guess if I have to still get it drilled and tagged, I can try now!

005-2-1.jpg

NO I was waiting until the 1st to activate one, I guess if I have to still get it drilled and tagged, I can try now!

Just tried and got a "That coin's not found in our database " message, has anyone else tried activating one of their own?

Edited by CCWashburn

The package should have been delivered on the 15th according to dates provided on our site.

Answering to my own post.

Eltada mailed me with all the necessary information. Thank you!

And my package is in Dutch customs at the moment.

Answering to my own post.

Eltada mailed me with all the necessary information. Thank you!

And my package is in Dutch customs at the moment.

Hope it gets through customs quick so you have them by the event!!

Can someone please tell me how they are getting those amazing pictures without the glare?

just a suggestion: angle your camera and look through the view finder for the best position, or use your eye to "guesstimate" the best position for a picture. if you have a large, white card stock sheet, or a white or light colored sheet of paper, place it above and behind the item to reduce the dark shadows on your reflective coin. try to shoot in bright natural lighting (outside or near a sunny window) and try not using flash. i hope that works for you. upload a few images of what you get.

by the way, if you are using the "macro" or close-up setting, you will be better off with a tripod or a stationary mount for your camera. if you take a picture while holding the camera in your hands, the picture will more often than not, turn out blurry, regardless of how steady your hand is. good luck!

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

Still no news of our coins.

Detailed Results:

International Dispatch, April 16, 2010, 9:43 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Arrival

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 15, 2010

Processed through Sort Facility, April 15, 2010, 3:23 pm, SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199

And only one week left to go. I'm very much afraid we might have to disappoint many people...

Can someone please tell me how they are getting those amazing pictures without the glare?

just a suggestion: angle your camera and look through the view finder for the best position, or use your eye to "guesstimate" the best position for a picture. if you have a large, white card stock sheet, or a white or light colored sheet of paper, place it above and behind the item to reduce the dark shadows on your reflective coin. try to shoot in bright natural lighting (outside or near a sunny window) and try not using flash. i hope that works for you. upload a few images of what you get.

by the way, if you are using the "macro" or close-up setting, you will be better off with a tripod or a stationary mount for your camera. if you take a picture while holding the camera in your hands, the picture will more often than not, turn out blurry, regardless of how steady your hand is. good luck!

Thanks, will be a couple days before I get to do this, going to be rainy here for about the next 3 days:(