Multi Event Idea

avroair

Mine showed a FedEx tracking number,shipping date, and a delivery date 6 days from now(april 20th). Hope I won't have to be home and sign for them, I work during delivery hours. Cannot believe Fed Ex would take 6 days...US Postal service takes 4 or less most of the time.

Edited by CCWashburn

Yep, ours changed for USPS to FedEx as well. Now instead of getting them in the near future I will have to wait for an entire week. I have always hated FedEx and this is just another reason. We ship everyday and only use USPS or UPS. Always faster service with either of those. Oh well, I am just glad to hear they have shipped. I am excited to know that this time next week we should have our coins in hand. That leaves me all of 7 days to get them to the other end of the state....wish me luck.

Yep, ours changed for USPS to FedEx as well. Now instead of getting them in the near future I will have to wait for an entire week. I have always hated FedEx and this is just another reason. We ship everyday and only use USPS or UPS. Always faster service with either of those. Oh well, I am just glad to hear they have shipped. I am excited to know that this time next week we should have our coins in hand. That leaves me all of 7 days to get them to the other end of the state....wish me luck.

Good luck, maybe Fed Ex will be quicker, I only hope that they don't need me to sign for them because I most likely will not be available.

Shipping info received, the coins have just been shipped. Which means they have exactly two weeks to cross the pond and arrive home.

Which is the standard time for my coins to come from the USA, one by one. If the size of the parcel induces problems, they won't make it.

This event is starting to give me a serious headache, between the late arrival of the coins and this obscure unwritten rule that says that one owner cannot place caches within 1.5 km of each other in a time period of three months.

So much for my great cache series for our attendants to enjoy.

Participant site has been updated with shipping information again. I have been told that the shipments were changed to FedEx for domestic because it's faster. The International ones are going USPS which is quicker than FedEx. A solution for the Czech packages is being worked on.

Bo.T.L: click here for a list of the hosts involved in the project, their locations and links to their cache pages (if more than one event code is listed for one host, there are two events sharing an edition). Just missing Colorado's cache page now. I am wanting to get pictures up on there too but will wait until all the events are over to work on that.

got shipping notice today, no idea when they'll arrive but at least they are on their way :)

Got my shipping notice too...t4e, just click on the tracking number in the email that you received, and you should be redirected to the tracking page.

ooh i know, but right now it just says the package has shipped and its in transit :)

Now that know the coins should be in our hands soon, is anyone still interested in trading BEFORE the event? I'd like to have at least a couple of other editions to show at our event.

If you're interested in trading, please send me a message with your address so I can have the envelopes ready to go when the coins arrive! fatkidsotwunite@yahoo.com

10-10-10 is right around the corner, too..... :)

Janet

Edited by fatkidsOTWunite

Participant site has been updated with shipping information again. I have been told that the shipments were changed to FedEx for domestic because it's faster.

That seems odd to me. These could be put in a flat rate priority mailing box and the delivery time is supposed to be 2-3 days. I usually think 4 days though. If shipped yesterday that would mean I should have gotten it Monday or Tuesday. Instead FedEx delivery date is Wednesday....

got shipping notice today, no idea when they'll arrive but at least they are on their way :)

Got my shipping notice too...t4e, just click on the tracking number in the email that you received, and you should be redirected to the tracking page.

ooh i know, but right now it just says the package has shipped and its in transit :)

Doesn't yours have an estimated delivery date? Mine does :lol:

Here are a couple of quick pictures of the coins that came today for my "10 Years of Caching & 4th Annual Georally" event in northern California (GC24663):

coinside1.jpg

coinside2.jpg

Very Nice!!!

That's the Roulette geoswag version. :)

I have the Seattle ones in hand, anyone wanna trade?

So far have sent to:

Matt Family

SciFibookcollector

crowesfeat3.15

fatkidsoftheworldunite

and one that went to Idaho.

anyone else? who want's some? groovy!

Here are a couple of quick pictures of the coins that came today for my "10 Years of Caching & 4th Annual Georally" event in northern California (GC24663):

coinside1.jpg

coinside2.jpg

Very Nice!!!

That's the Roulette geoswag version. :)

So far have sent to:

Matt Family

SciFibookcollector

crowesfeat3.15

fatkidsoftheworldunite

I WANT TRADE :)

Doesn't yours have an estimated delivery date? Mine does :D

not yet, i guess because Canada is International lol so i guess until it has cleared customs its hard to tell when will get here

hmmm speaking of customs, it just occurred to me, will be interesting to see what that will cost :)

Arrrggghhh.... it wasn't supposed to be alternating colors! the outer ring was supposed to be white! Other than that it looks good!

Mine wasn't supposed to be alternating colors either but I think we actually like it better this way.....

The symbology for the back was supposed to be Blue Gulf (outer ring), White Beaches (pearl glitter smaller mid ring) and then Emerald Coast (translucent dark green). However the alternating colors is growing on me..... we will see what it looks like in person. I have yet to get a coin in hand that doesn't look better than its photos. :)

Emerald Coast is willing to do pre event trades for other 10 yr! event coins. If you are interested and haven't been in contact with us, Email us at scificollector@gmail.com.

We are due to get the coins in on April 22nd. All Pre Event trades already arranged will ship April 23rd.

Edited by scificollector

I just realized that the mint didn't follow my color plan either. I guess that this is what happens when we don't get mint art to approve... :D

However, the coin looks good as is even if it isn't exactly what I'd envisioned. :D

I hope that next time we do a group coin like this, we get enough time to approve individual mint artwork in order to avoid mistakes like this. I understand that the mint didn't want to do individual artwork but it's obvious that they NEED to since it seems they cannot follow written instructions.

CF30

I hope that next time we do a group coin like this, we get enough time to approve individual mint artwork in order to avoid mistakes like this. I understand that the mint didn't want to do individual artwork but it's obvious that they NEED to since it seems they cannot follow written instructions.

CF30

It wasn't a matter of time. It was a matter that the mint didn't want to go through the art approval process of 30 versions. They are getting pickier and pickier... :D You are correct, they should... but we all know that isn't going to happen unless we can push them really hard to do it.

I just realized that the mint didn't follow my color plan either. I guess that this is what happens when we don't get mint art to approve... :D

However, the coin looks good as is even if it isn't exactly what I'd envisioned. :D

CF30

It looks like at least 3 who got the alternating colors on the back didn't order them that way. However, the more I look at them the more I like them this way. I think of this as a positive mistake LOL However, for the 999 coin I had a major mistake in mine and if they had been minted that way I would not have been a happy camper.

It would seem to me that mint art using the same template would be easier for them than 30 completely different coins. maybe next time we need to push them to do it....or kick some bu tt :D

Emerald Coast is willing to do pre event trades for other 10 yr! event coins. If you are interested and haven't been in contact with us, Email us at scificollector@gmail.com.

We are due to get the coins in on April 22nd. All Pre Event trades already arranged will ship April 23rd.

You can't do that. We all agreed not to do anything with the coins until the event (it's on the google pages). So you really can't ship trades until May 3rd.

Edited by AtlantaGal

So far have sent to:

Matt Family

SciFibookcollector

crowesfeat3.15

fatkidsoftheworldunite

You can't do that. We all agreed not to do anything with the coins until the event (it's on the google pages). So you really can't ship trades until May 3rd.

Ummm Really? :):):)

Remember some of the event hosts want to have other event coins for display at their events too....

So far have sent to:

Matt Family

SciFibookcollector

crowesfeat3.15

fatkidsoftheworldunite

Remember some of the event hosts want to have other event coins for display at their events too....

That's what the pages said and also what mark said to me personally on the phone. Glad to know everyone is breaking the rules.

Direct quote from the particpant google pages:

Sales

Event hosts will be selling the coins for $10.00 each. In agreeing to be part of the multi-event coin project, all hosts cannot sell or distribute the coins before May 1st.

Please note the bold, thank you very much.

Edited by AtlantaGal

So far have sent to:

Matt Family

SciFibookcollector

crowesfeat3.15

fatkidsoftheworldunite

and one to Idaho.

So far have sent to:

My bad. I used the wrong terminology. These haven't been mailed yet. They are set aside packaged up and ready to go.

Well, I won't be able to sent coins out yet. According to scheme the coins should have arrived on april 15th. But there is a volcano in Iceland that decided to errupt and shoot out a plume of ashes.

So planes stayed on the ground untill today. The ban is lifted. So I hope to get the coins in hand soon.