Multi Event Idea

avroair

We have had many people contacting us as well. Looks like there are events popping up all over Florida and now they all want coins. I have the same response. The people that attend our event will get first shot at them...after that they will be available. I seriously doubt any will be left though.

We have had many people contacting us as well. Looks like there are events popping up all over Florida and now they all want coins. I have the same response. The people that attend our event will get first shot at them...after that they will be available. I seriously doubt any will be left though.

At the 999 event I ended up limiting them to one coin per person/caching team and still ran out. For this event I asked them to post in their will attend log if they want a coin. The ones that attend and are on that list get the first crack. Then the other attendees. If they won't be attending I put them on the wait list just in case there are any left over. I hope I have enough this time. LOL

i got a few people email me, and i explained that those attending my event have priority and as such they will have to watt until after the event s over, and if i have any left i will gladly sell it to them :laughing:

That's a good plan. I also ask that you don't distribute or sell them until during the event.

I've had people email me too...like everyone said, our coins are for our event attendees first. We asked people to post how many they want in their "will attend". Prior to the event, I group and label them for the folks that reserved coins in their "will attend" log. Any surplus is made available to the event folks (at the 999, I had folks wanting to buy more after they purchased the one that they reserved)...I set a couple aside for future event donations (I am planning on adding to my GCF donation)...and then, IF any remain, then we make them available to folks not attending the event.

i got a few people email me, and i explained that those attending my event have priority and as such they will have to watt until after the event s over, and if i have any left i will gladly sell it to them :anicute:

That's a good plan. I also ask that you don't distribute or sell them until during the event.

ooh for sure, everyone gets their coin at the event :laughing:

So it has been the end of March. Will the coins for overseas be send directly to us or will they first go to the US?

They are shipping from the mint to the U.S. which I believe has already happened. The mint was closed for 3 days. So that caused a delay.

Avroair, Any word on when domestic is shipping to the recipients? I am working on planning a delivery road trip for the other event I am sharing these with.

I need to confirm the update. As far as I know they should ship sometime next week. International orders have already shipped. A couple are going directly from China to the recipient.

I just found out that I have to ship off to Dubai for an undetermined amount of time, does that mean that I now fall in to the "International" Category? B)

Luckily I have a great group of local cachers that are taking over my events for me just in case I am not back in time. Thanks again for all the efforts here.

BAT

The mint is a pain. They didn't send all the photos. Just the ones they had hanging around I guess. Over half have arrived at Oakcoins, but some were sent back since they are poor craftsmanship. Sorry for the delay in that respect (i would rather have good coins though!). We are still on good schedule though. We are expecting the lagards any day now.

Those coins are looking GREAT! Wish I could have participated and gotten some for my 10 year! event, but we just don't have a lot of coin collectors in our neck of the woods - so there wasn't enough interest. :P

I'd be willing to buy/trade one off somebody if they have any left after their events. Really don't care who or what color as they all are gorgeous — I just want one to commemorate the 10 year celebration.

Ugh! No pictures for ours yet!

Nor ours - talk about suspense as I was scrolling through them!!!

I have updated the event list (found here). As I mentioned, I would like to add pictures at a later date so keep that in mind when you get them and start photographing them. You can send me your pics anytime.

Funniest comment about the front of the Iowa coin so far...Is that the John Deere Edition?? Still fits with Iowa either way!!!

So how soon can domestic delivery expect theirs?? Basically asking, will I have them before the 24th so I can deliver them to the other event that is sharing half a state away?

We are hosting an event in Peoria, IL and I was wondering if anyone had extras that I would be able to buy and give away as door prizes. I was to late and not able to get it on the coins and I am currently kicking myself in the butt right now!

If you follow this link Post #7 you might be able to get some coins for your event :laughing: