Multi Event Idea

avroair

Any update on the delivery date?

The international orders will arrive at the end of March, we are checking on the domestic ones. We have instructed the mint to take photos and send them to us, as the orders are finished (hoping they will comply). :lol:

Thank you for the response and all of your efforts here. Eltada too!!

Quick question...do you think this date marks Geocaching's "Birthday" or "Anniversary"?? You could argue that the birthday is obviously the birth of our sport. The anniversary is the celebration of the date of the "flipping of the switch". Just curious as it might help me narrow down a decorative theme.... :) especially for the group photo.

Quick question...do you think this date marks Geocaching's "Birthday" or "Anniversary"?? You could argue that the birthday is obviously the birth of our sport. The anniversary is the celebration of the date of the "flipping of the switch". Just curious as it might help me narrow down a decorative theme.... :) especially for the group photo.

Groundspeak refers to it as "anniversary"

http://www.geocaching.com/lostandfound/default.aspx

Groundspeak refers to it as "anniversary"

http://www.geocaching.com/lostandfound/default.aspx

Well, right you are! I never noticed that...question answered!

Thanks!

In my weekly newsletter where it announced the "lost and Found" celebration it has this:

"And in true birthday tradition, how about you brag a little bit! In May, you'll be able to upload pictures, videos and stories ........."

Hmmm...ok, question not answered??? lol!

Perhaps it just means that according to GS, any way you say it, it's a celebration!

I was planning on doing an anniversary celebration theme! :) You can celebrate an anniversary much like a birthday! :D

If anyone is beginning to worry that they didn't order enough coins, send me an email asap. We have a 12 hour window to increase our mint orders... remember that this is a new icon so I would assume the attendance levels might swell a little... :laughing:

Edited by avroair

Well my event is going to be a birthday party complete with hats, cake, noise makers and favors if I can ever decide which favors I want. LOL I thought that the traditional 10th annivaersary gifts of aluminum or tin didn't really do anything for me......

Aluminum trackable item would be cool (Tb tag, travel tag, cachekinz, or other custom tag) !! :unsure:

LOL I thought that the traditional 10th annivaersary gifts of aluminum or tin didn't really do anything for me

I saw that, I'm planning to offer a wad o' aluminum foil to any cacher attending my event who started in 2000. Generous, huh? of course, DeBeers thinks diamonds are in order. I'd offer a diamond for any 10 year cacher, but someone (from out of state) might take me up on it..... :unsure:

Well my event is going to be a birthday party complete with hats, cake, noise makers and favors if I can ever decide which favors I want. LOL I thought that the traditional 10th annivaersary gifts of aluminum or tin didn't really do anything for me......

Aluminum trackable item would be cool (Tb tag, travel tag, cachekinz, or other custom tag) !! :unsure:

Well yes but the coins are the trackables here!

I am considering the possibility of giving some kind of prize to the person who has been caching the longest (Member of GC.com the longest) in attendance.

Or you could reward the person who travels the furthest to get to your event.

That is beginning to look like it will be the same person lol.

I am considering the possibility of giving some kind of prize to the person who has been caching the longest (Member of GC.com the longest) in attendance.

Or you could reward the person who travels the furthest to get to your event.

would you have an answer to my question above?

Same as before:

International will be ready end of March

Domestic will be ready April 7th

I can check with the mint again but I doubt the schedule has changed.

So that means they will be shipped out when??? I have to get mine split up and delivered to another part of the state before the events and am really hoping not to have to take an emergency road trip the day before.

Like CCWashburn we have to get some of our coins to the other end of the state as well. That is about 7 hours away. We are hoping to have these coins in hand by the 15th since we will be at an event together as the Florida Reps over the weekend. It would be nice to be able to hand these over in person rather than have to ship them. Any chances of us having them by the 15th? Really looking forward to getting these. Almost wish I had ordered more now. There are events popping up all over the state of Florida and people are now contacting us wanting coins.

Just wanted to know if I am the only one getting emails from the collectors wanting a full set of these coins? I have gotten 3 already, 2 of which I have never seen a post from in this thread.

I am sure many of you feel the same as I do, they need to wait until after our events and we know if we have any of ours left.

Just wanted to know if I am the only one getting emails from the collectors wanting a full set of these coins? I have gotten 3 already, 2 of which I have never seen a post from in this thread.

I am sure many of you feel the same as I do, they need to wait until after our events and we know if we have any of ours left.

I've gotten several e-mails of this type and I tell one and all that - 1. I'm not taking reservations - and - 2. if they want a coin they have to attend my event. IF I have any left - and that's a very big IF - I would consider sales to people who had not attend.

CF30