Multi Event Idea

avroair

Have confirmed by email color selection on the Maine coin. Also have started receiving requests for trades.

I will start a list in order received of those wishing to trade. No trades will be considered until after our event. This can only happen if all coins are not sold at the event. Please also understand if a trade is made (only considering trades for other event coins), I reserve the right to sell the coin received in trade.

Cachers who attend the Maine event will have first chance to purchase these coins. Oak Coins will not be retaining any for sale.

After the event, if inventory remains, I will process through the trade requests in order received. Thank for understanding.

This is pretty much our thoughts for our event too. I have made a couple of trades and will consider some others only after the event. However, we will be looking more for coins other than these event coins as neither of us want the entire set. I may also sell any that I receive in trade as Hollora mentioned. So far reservations are going quite well even without the artwork on the event page!

I am going to try & be brave & use BN on the 10/10/10 coin...

Good luck with that. :blink: IMHO black nickel isn't very friendly with the other platings. It's a different thought process. But it might work. Just have to see what we come up with.

:shocked:

Well there IS at least one being done in BN and I've secured a trade for it so we'll see how that one turns out. :blink:

CF30

My 2nd event for May 1st has been published: GC24578 - 10 Years! (Chicago IL) Breakfast Meet & Greet.

So I am curious why you are having two events within 6 miles of one another? Yet won't share coins with someone from the other side of town?

What is the basis of your accusation? If you are referring to my friends events being held on the 2nd, the offer was made prior to our coin being submitted. If you have some form of an issue with me feel, free to send me a PM.

My 2nd event for May 1st has been published: GC24578 - 10 Years! (Chicago IL) Breakfast Meet & Greet.

So I am curious why you are having two events within 6 miles of one another? Yet won't share coins with someone from the other side of town?

What is the basis of your accusation? If you are referring to my friends events being held on the 2nd, the offer was made prior to our coin being submitted. If you have some form of an issue with me feel, free to send me a PM.

There was a stipulation that events should be 2 hours apart. And yet there are 2 within 6 miles from one another.

There was a stipulation that events should be 2 hours apart. And yet there are 2 within 6 miles from one another.

I am just curious where this was mentioned? The only thing that I have seen from anyone from Groundspeak was in post #108 of this thread and it mentioned nothing about events having to be 2 hrs apart. This would affect the events in Southern Ontario as there are currently 3 events, including mine, that are within about 1.5 hours drive of each other. Mine and another event are being held at the same time and the 3rd is about 3 hrs after two of ours end.

I am just curious where this was mentioned? The only thing that I have seen from anyone from Groundspeak was in post #108 of this thread and it mentioned nothing about events having to be 2 hrs apart. This would affect the events in Southern Ontario as there are currently 3 events, including mine, that are within about 1.5 hours drive of each other. Mine and another event are being held at the same time and the 3rd is about 3 hrs after two of ours end.

It has been brought up in email as people sign on. For Ontario you guys came to an amicable solution. When approached by two separate parties who want to have an event I have said "go for it, but you can't have two different coins" When Groundspeak stepped in they initially were going to limit events by distance so people don't go a 10 year's event cache run, this would have been communicated to the local reviewers... seems that's not the case.

Thanks Avroair for the information. I was just curious if there was other information somewhere that I hadn't seen as I wasn't aware of anything other than what was mentioned in this thread.

I know there are a handful of people that will be attending my event during the day and then one of the other events that doesn't start until 8pm at night.

Thanks Avroair for the information. I was just curious if there was other information somewhere that I hadn't seen as I wasn't aware of anything other than what was mentioned in this thread.

I know there are a handful of people that will be attending my event during the day and then one of the other events that doesn't start until 8pm at night.

I had asked the same question via PM for to me it appeared to be ones preference vs. a rule (see Avroair's initial post were he says he prefers that events be more than 2 hours apart). To me that means that my initial event at 7:30 am and my 2nd event later in the day at 4:00 pm are actually 8.5 hours apart and there is no conflict. Additionally, One would think if there were to be a distance limitation it would be in miles vs. hours. Heck, there are sometimes in Chicago that it does take 2 hours to go 6 miles.

The bottom line is that this apparently is not a Groundspeak issue for my local reviewer did not baulk at publishing them. Also, for the record I am coordinating my events with friends of mine that are holding events on the 2nd and 3rd contrary to what may have been posted here.

Update... I just received this response from our local reviewer on the matter and it was as follows:

Groundspeak doesn't allow "stacking" of events. Basically that is one event running directly into another, or simply being a continuation (or part of) an other event. When reviewing yours I was satisfied that the time difference between the events was enough to not be an issue. I anticipate that there will be some people who will attend the early event and not the later one, and vise-versa. The two events seem to stand on their own.
Edited by BAT1800

Eltada, I know you are very busy, are you going to update the website as to the next deadline?

HERE I AM! lol!

Yes, I have been swamped...enough other projects (some not even geocaching related...*gasp!*) to keep me hoppin' this week.

I have updated the website with our next deadline which will be here before we know it! If you have not already done so, please get your payment squared away by Monday (March 1st). All invoices have been sent out (actually they all went out on the 24th) so if you don't have yours, please contact us asap.

Thanks!

hello.

Can you add in your first post the link to the bookmark with the list of all the event locations?

the closest one to me is santa cruz, and i sent a message to the person but they didn't reply to me at all with the information.

i don't know where to look to find other locations in my area

Hrm, I did reply but maybe it didn't go through? Anyway, the Santa Cruz event is being decided still which is why you don't have info about it. It will definitely be May 2nd, we're just waiting to hear back from the administrator of the site we'd like to hold the event. If that doesn't pan out, we have a few backup plans. :)

If you are organizing an event, please consider using the following naming convention for your event name:

10 Years! (Location)

Examples:

10 Years! (Chicago, IL)

10 Years! (Seattle, WA)

Please note that I've edited my original post to update this information.

AG...here is the post by Bryan with the title change.

Still waiting for our event to be published...the wait is killing me! LOL!

Was the event title format changed at some point from when this project began?

Yes, Bryan's original post #108 said "10 Years of Geocaching+location" and later he edited it.

Now it's 10 Years! +location

I assume that there will be an announcement soon - perhaps via the weekly email? anyway, an opportunity for event hosts to chose to participate.

Well "10 years" doesn't say much on it's own. I'll leave it like the original suggestion unless told I have to change it.

Was the event title format changed at some point from when this project began?

Yes, Bryan's original post #108 said "10 Years of Geocaching+location" and later he edited it.

Now it's 10 Years! +location

I assume that there will be an announcement soon - perhaps via the weekly email? anyway, an opportunity for event hosts to chose to participate.

editing a post 20 pages back is not gonna do any good, nobody is going to read the entire thread

i'm not changing the name of mine yet from the original long form, as i said before and others seem to agree, just "10 years" doesn't make any sense

Edited by t4e

Yea! It's published! GC24H1J I am sure this has been asked before, but is there an official bookmark list of these 10th anniversary events (the ones with the coins)?

No, there's not. But Res2100 mentions in his bookmark if there are geocoins available.

Really...because when I looked at his list, it only mentioned the date (May 1, May 2, or May 3), not whether there are coins available. Too many caches in the list to sort thru (and it will probably only get longer).

Ooops...edit to say that I did see a few with a note that coins are available...still would like to see a bookmark list of just the coin events...might do one up myself

Edited by DresselDragons

Yea! It's published! GC24H1J I am sure this has been asked before, but is there an official bookmark list of these 10th anniversary events (the ones with the coins)?

No, there's not. But Res2100 mentions in his bookmark if there are geocoins available.

There is this list, owned by troublejv - it doesn't appear to have all listings. I didn't see mine on there, but maybe it just needs to be updated.

www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=d2e6c803-6a87-4d14-8509-7d3b4022942a

Anybody see Groundspeak's "big announcement"? They are having an event on the 4th of July.

I saw it. But I doubt that is the only thing they will be doing to celebrate. I think it would be good when someone (Brian?) would clarify what will happen on our events.

Anybody see Groundspeak's "big announcement"? They are having an event on the 4th of July.

I saw it. But I doubt that is the only thing they will be doing to celebrate. I think it would be good when someone (Brian?) would clarify what will happen on our events.

The weekly newsletter said that there will be plenty of surprises throughout the year...cannot wait to hear what they are.

Edited by DresselDragons

..still would like to see a bookmark list of just the coin events...

You asked...

And I'm not on that list, why? I'm sure there are other events you missed if you compiled your list solely from the google doc spreadsheet.

Maybe because coins are being split between 2 events and the coins are being listed under the other event hosts name?

I personally am not in a 'large' market area where I expect 100 attendees and sell out of coins. So I didn't want an extra 30-40 coins I had to worry about selling after the event is over and getting the response "we'll be glad to trade, but I'm not interested in buying" from folks. I'm quite happy with one or two versions, I don't need 30 of them. That is why I teamed together with others to produce a coin.

Although our coins are being split it still doesn't change the fact that coins will be available at events other than the ones listed on your compiled list of 'coin events'

..still would like to see a bookmark list of just the coin events...

You asked...

And I'm not on that list, why? I'm sure there are other events you missed if you compiled your list solely from the google doc spreadsheet.

Maybe because coins are being split between 2 events and the coins are being listed under the other event hosts name?

I personally am not in a 'large' market area where I expect 100 attendees and sell out of coins. So I didn't want an extra 30-40 coins I had to worry about selling after the event is over and getting the response "we'll be glad to trade, but I'm not interested in buying" from folks. I'm quite happy with one or two versions, I don't need 30 of them. That is why I teamed together with others to produce a coin.

Although our coins are being split it still doesn't change the fact that coins will be available at events other than the ones listed on your compiled list of 'coin events'

i split my coins with res2100 and both our events are listed....its not updated

if you want to see them all just do a search for "10 years"

How 'bout y'all send directly to Ruud4d the GC numbers of events that have been missed rather than posting here about them. I maintain some bookmark list and it's easy to miss some caches that should belong on them. There are so many 10 Years events, most without coins, some with, I'm sure it's quite easy to miss some of the "coined" events without help. :D

CF30