Multi Event Idea

avroair

I am assuming it will be trackable...

Pull the 10 years of Geocaching from the back.. replace with Trackable on Geocaching.com and you need a spot of the #'s

That has to be there as well. I forgot on a coin I was working on and was reminded.

The trackable on geocaching.com and the numbers will probably be on the edge so not to interfere with the flow of the design

Probably to late with my idea for the coin.

You could write the "Ten years" in various languages to show it's a worldwide event.

10 years, 10 ans, 10 años, 10 Jahre, 10 jaar.

Anymore? B)

Good idea, we'll see when the art comes back from the mint.

Does this mean a vendor was selected? Sure would like to have had the opportunity to quote this coin. ;)

Does this mean a vendor was selected? Sure would like to have had the opportunity to quote this coin. ;)

Yes.

Let me be clear. This thread is not for vendors to pitch and market their businesses, please keep that in private and out of the thread. This thread is about coordinating various events to celebrate the 10 years of geocaching.

I am coordinating the coins with Etada and we should have a coin guide up and running shortly. For anyone thinking about hosting a 10th anniversary event and would like to be included in on this coin design, it's a good starting point. B)

I know that some may think that a gps unit on the coin may be hokey but since there is a satellite on the back I think a unit to the right of the X could be there instead of the part of the compass rose. The compass is on the front and also on the back and seems to me redundant so the gps would actually be an additional representation of geocaching.

Here is the mint artwork, the one change from my artwork being the number 10 spelt out in 10 different languages on the back of the coin (inner rim).

9c933a4e-a0c3-4386-b649-975a54f29bdc.jpg

fixed the link, you got e-mail tags around it and wants to open in Outlook :tongue:

Edited by t4e

My event has just been published Terra Cotta, Ontario, Canada. I decided to go with renting a large pavilion (2600 sq feet) and doing a picnic style event.

I also went ahead and created a bookmark list of all of the 10 Years of Geocaching events being held that weekend and will include some extra stats and information. Bookmark List of Events

So far I see there are 24 events listed related to the 10 Years of Geocaching.

Are either of the bookmark lists for just events that are involved with this group coin? I can't tell! LOL

The bookmark list that I am doing is of all of the events taking place on May 1/2/3 (I saw several were taking place on the 3rd, so I decided to include that) celebrating 10 Years of Geocaching. I left off the Flashmob event in Nevada on the 3rd, since Groundspeak stated Flashmobs don't count.

As for the a list of events that are involved in the group coin project, I think Eltada is maintaining a list on the 10 Years of Geocaching coin project web site...see Participants link.

Are either of the bookmark lists for just events that are involved with this group coin? I can't tell! LOL

The bookmark list that I am doing is of all of the events taking place on May 1/2/3 (I saw several were taking place on the 3rd, so I decided to include that) celebrating 10 Years of Geocaching. I left off the Flashmob event in Nevada on the 3rd, since Groundspeak stated Flashmobs don't count.

As for the a list of events that are involved in the group coin project, I think Eltada is maintaining a list on the 10 Years of Geocaching coin project web site...see Participants link.

Thanks, because I do find yours interesting, but would love to see one with just the coin stuff. Generally because they have coin pictures when the event gets closer! LOL On the participant link, you can't click to the web page.

Thanks, because I do find yours interesting, but would love to see one with just the coin stuff. Generally because they have coin pictures when the event gets closer! LOL On the participant link, you can't click to the web page.

I could keep an eye on the participant link and denote something on those bookmarked caches that are taking part in the coin project.

I am taking part with another cacher who is also doing an event and we are splitting a coin order.

I could keep an eye on the participant link and denote something on those bookmarked caches that are taking part in the coin project.

I am taking part with another cacher who is also doing an event and we are splitting a coin order.

Thanks so much!

Oh, and here is mine! It just got published.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...6e-36ef94ffe8e5

Thanks so much!

Oh, and here is mine! It just got published.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...6e-36ef94ffe8e5

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...7e-403b0eac2ba6

I added "Geocoins Available" to the notes of those caches listed on the Participants page for those that are published and others that I know that are making a geocoin.

t4e and myself are getting together to make an order of 100 coins (50 each).

I had to do some research into how to do it but I figured out how to have links in the Participants spreadsheet so you can click right to each host's cache page. I will work on making those live this weekend. Keep in mind, the participants on the list are only ones that have submitted colour schemes so far.

res2100's list looks pretty good actually...there are lots of events already!

Here's another one for the list in the Central California Coast area:

10 Years of Geocaching (Monterey, California)

Soon as we get the pricing we can probably give you some idea on how many coins we'll need.

Edit to add:

I didn't see a mention of the minimum order somewhere, although I see it mentioned on a few of the Listings. We'd like to be considered for a batch of the coins. Just wanted to clarify that.

Thanks!

Mike

Edited by Touchstone

Here's another one for the list in the Central California Coast area:

10 Years of Geocaching (Monterey, California)

Soon as we get the pricing we can probably give you some idea on how many coins we'll need.

Edit to add:

I didn't see a mention of the minimum order somewhere, although I see it mentioned on a few of the Listings. We'd like to be considered for a batch of the coins. Just wanted to clarify that.

Thanks!

Mike

Minimum order is 100

Minimum order is 100

Or you can split with another event. Oakcoins is also buying back 25 of any order. But if this time is anything similar to last time I don't expect people to be left with coins. I had 100 for the Seattle 999 event and they sold out in about 12 minutes.

That's the way we're doing it. There will be multi events in Florida and rather than do 3 different coins, two of us are working together and splitting an order. I expect them to all be sold between our two events...

Minimum order is 100

Or you can split with another event. Oakcoins is also buying back 25 of any order. But if this time is anything similar to last time I don't expect people to be left with coins. I had 100 for the Seattle 999 event and they sold out in about 12 minutes.

Do you have an idea of when will the coin be available to order and will there be a list of the colors to choose from when placing the order?

Edited by mlrumble

Minimum order is 100

Do you have an idea of when will the coin be available to order and will there be a list of the colors to choose from when placing the order?

if you mean to order your own batch of coins for your event, yes there is a list of colors but you better send an email to avroair or ELTADA, because the deadline to order is February 16th