Multi Event Idea

avroair

This will be my 1st event and have many ideas, when anyone has their event published can you let us know, i would love to see what some of your ideas are.

Once the events are published, there will be a bookmark list of them. However, don't expect that anytime soon...you cannot list an event more than 3 months before the event (unless it is a mega event).

Now that the holidays are gone and I'm diligently getting ready for 2010 events( Mardi Gras ((3 weeks away))and our Big Easter Event (( April 2, hiding as many as 100 caches))

I was wondering about the progress of this idea and if it is starting to take shape? and if I'll be able to participate by hosting one in NW Fl.

...any ball park figure on when the coins will need to be paid for or any pertanent info on the event(s) themselves?

Not trying to seem impatient, just trying to make my game plan for the next few months, I like to think ahead! :rolleyes:

We have our event tentatively scheduled for May 1st (Saturday); would everyone rather do it on the 2nd (Sunday) ? Just noticing the updated title...............

The announcement for selective availability was May 1st, it went into effect May 2nd. Due to the heavy involvement and participation level I am currently looking into a couple of options for tying the events together as well as opening it up for the geocaching community as a whole. :D Should be fun. :grin:

12 Nov 00: Sleepy Hollow-1. November 12, 2010. I hope I'm not working that day :lol:

I'm the last one (currently) to find GCAE (Sleepy Hollow-1) and I didn't know it's heritage until I started going through the logbook, and back and back and my jaw just dropped; I had found one of the "original" caches, and all within walking distance from my brother-in-law's house! :P

I decided then and there to launch a coin I'd purchased in Canada from the GPS exhibit; there was plenty of symbolism for me to do it.

I'd definitely love to attend an event commemorating the start of geocaching!

Hey Ted - I'm here - just sleep deprived and not getting much time on the forums these days!

I am good for either...

Have you thought of what you are going to do yet?

:D

Hey Tanya, sleep will come, around the time they go to college :P

I was thinking of a re-visit to Ontario’s second oldest cache GC384 - Bending Tree and/or a Wherigo – Midland Murals GC1Y8H0, maybe one, one day the other the next – whew :lol:

I haven’t checked but there is Horseshoe Resort for a watering hole after Bending Tree and I’m sure I could find something in Midland

What have you got in mind :(

Is Anyone working on a coin for this? I think even though they are tied together by the date, they should be tied together by the same coin too. I have an idea for a coin.

My idea is the 5 gallon bucket with depictions of items in the first stash(how many of you know what was in the first stash besides the can of beans?)

My event is GC22TB1 I will be submitting it on February 1st that should meet the 3 month guidelines, I have also contacted GC about making it a Worldwide event.

I don't have the Event page written up yet but I have a location & a date (Kirkwood Park Sugar Creek and Lion's Club Pavilions and May 1st). We're planning a picnic/BBQ with GPS games and all kinds of other fun. I really hope that there will be a Multi-Event coin to go along with the Event! The 999 Event coins went over very well with our local group. I will have to order more of this coin to cover the demand! :( So let's get 'er done! :(

CF30

Would like to know the coin design and the costs before submitting the event.

And which is the date: May 1st or May 2nd?

Hope there will be some informations for us soon.

And if i/we would host an event here in germany, must we have a version of the coin?

And if yes, how many coins must we order?

:(

Celebrating 10 Years of GC would be very good.

I could figure out if we move our april event into may and then choose rather the 1st. instead of the 2nd. may.

Our events here in Cologne are usually in the evening and therefore are saturdays better.

Please let us know if this is possible. Please keep us informed about the coin.

Celebrating 10 Years of GC would be very good.

I could figure out if we move our april event into may and then choose rather the 1st. instead of the 2nd. may.

Our events here in Cologne are usually in the evening and therefore are saturdays better.

Please let us know if this is possible. Please keep us informed about the coin.

Great :( A second event in NRW :(

By the time the official multi-event date was changed, I already had the place booked for May 1st so there's no changing it now. I hope it is still OK.

Our French-speaking Swiss event will be GC23C24, the listing is in preparation. I would like to know more about the geocoin, if possible, how it works with an international event coin, a price range, things like that.

More info would be very much appreciated, and thanks to everyone working on this project!

Edited by mar-elendili

Are there any updates for the absolute date or can we go with any time that weekend?? I am not asking for myself because either way mine is the 1st of May, I already have the location nailed down and event mostly planned, including a group trek to get a 5/5 cache nearby. All I need is my group, my climber who has already volunteered, yummy food and great door prizes. (I had so many door prizes at my last event no one went home empty handed :) )

Edited by CCWashburn

Would like to know the coin design and the costs before submitting the event.

And which is the date: May 1st or May 2nd?

Hope there will be some informations for us soon.

And if i/we would host an event here in germany, must we have a version of the coin?

And if yes, how many coins must we order?

:)

If indeed someone is making a coin, there should not be a minimum of how many you have to purchase, being as so many people are planning events this day the designer should have no problem with making sales, so long as it is complete and delivered before the event. Avroair pinned down the date as May 2nd, many of us are having events on May 1st because here in the US Sunday events are not as well attended as Saturday ones. I hope we get a ruling soon, venues get harder to reserve closer to events.

opalsns - you keep posting in this thread about the 10-10-10 coins! lol! This is a may event to celebrate the start of geocaching....

If history repeats, there will be more discussion about the 10-10-10 events and coins in the summer so stay tuned! :) If you want to be proactive, check the 9-9-9 thread (if you can find it) and see who hosted an event for NC and then contact them to see if they are doing it again.

Good luck!

Sounds like fun! I will work to put together some sort of event here in Central Oregon.

So, how will the coin thing work? Does Avroair front all the costs, we sell the coins at our event and then send him back the $$? Or do we take our local orders and collect the $$ first and then place an order? I'm not flush enough to come up with all the money up front.

So far we have events being planned in Iowa,Idaho,Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, California, Oregon, Florida, Montana, Missouri, South Carolina, Minnesota, Washington, New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Maine, Illinois and Michigan in the United States.

Australia, Portugal, Ontario, Montreal, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Abu Dhabi, Germany, Czech Republic and Switzerland

Did I miss anyone???

I am aware many states and countries are having more than 1 event, that is a good thing, more people attending= more people aware of geocaching!!

Edited by CCWashburn

Sounds like fun! I will work to put together some sort of event here in Central Oregon.

So, how will the coin thing work? Does Avroair front all the costs, we sell the coins at our event and then send him back the $$? Or do we take our local orders and collect the $$ first and then place an order? I'm not flush enough to come up with all the money up front.

My intent is to get a coin for my collection then to personally purchase several others, some to sell at the event and some to use for door prizes, I will however give my attendees the information to order the coins if they wish. I think that whomever sells the coins should make the purchaser put in his or her event id that they attended to purchase especially after the event.

So far we have events being planned in Iowa,Idaho,Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, California, Oregon, Florida, Montana, Missouri, South Carolina, Minnesota, Washington, New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Maine, Illinois and Michigan in the United States.

Australia, Portugal, Ontario, Montreal, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Abu Dhabi, Germany and NRW(Not sure where that is)

Did I miss anyone???

Event will be also in Czech republic :) it will be geo-picnic ;o)

Australia, Portugal, Ontario, Montreal, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Abu Dhabi, Germany, NRW(Not sure where that is), and Czech Republic

Did I miss anyone???

Yes, you missed Switzerland.

Australia, Portugal, Ontario, Montreal, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Abu Dhabi, Germany, NRW(Not sure where that is), and Czech Republic

Did I miss anyone???

@ccwashburn, just to give you an educational lesson -just kidding- lol

Germany is the land, such as USA. NRW stand for North Rhine Westfalia and that is one of the 16 states (called Bundesländer) in Germany. Right now, there will be 2 events (planning) in NRW.

Did I miss anyone???

Michigan--two events it looks like---SE and SW

My intent is to get a coin for my collection then to personally purchase several others, some to sell at the event and some to use for door prizes, I will however give my attendees the information to order the coins if they wish. I think that whomever sells the coins should make the purchaser put in his or her event id that they attended to purchase especially after the event.

If there is an event coin (and I would imagine there will be) I think that it would be promoted/sold like the coins for the 9-9-9 and 8-8-8 events. Those hosting those events picked colors for their event and they were minted through Oakcoins. Each event organizer had to purchase a minimum amount which I think for the 9-9-9 event was 50. The coins were then sold at the event to attendees. If there were some left over then the organizers sold to others or traded etc. A few events sent some back to Oakcoins and those were sold on their site.

Did I miss anyone???

@ccwashburn, just to give you an educational lesson -just kidding- lol

Germany is the land, such as USA. NRW stand for North Rhine Westfalia and that is one of the 16 states (called Bundesländer) in Germany. Right now, there will be 2 events (planning) in NRW.

This is a very sad day for me...I am of German decent and I did not know that...Shame on me!

Did I miss anyone???

If there is an event coin (and I would imagine there will be) I think that it would be promoted/sold like the coins for the 9-9-9 and 8-8-8 events. Those hosting those events picked colors for their event and they were minted through Oakcoins. Each event organizer had to purchase a minimum amount which I think for the 9-9-9 event was 50. The coins were then sold at the event to attendees. If there were some left over then the organizers sold to others or traded etc. A few events sent some back to Oakcoins and those were sold on their site.

The ten years of geocaching multi-events are going to happen a bit differently than other multi-events.

"Groundspeak is going to be a part of it and more news will come in mid March.”

Did I miss anyone???

The ten years of geocaching multi-events are going to happen a bit differently than other multi-events.

So the question would be to what extent will we as organizers, coiners be able to participate, do we wait for them to announce their intentions, will we be able to choose how we like to celebrate?

Did I miss anyone???

So the question would be to what extent will we as organizers, coiners be able to participate, do we wait for them to announce their intentions, will we be able to choose how we like to celebrate?

I intend to run this as a normal event whatever Groundspeak decides

Did I miss anyone???

Sure. Groundspeak would like to mint some coins to commemorate. And there is more to come. They just need to finalize the details.