It's a stranger, for certain

Who is lost, for certain

I am gonna ask him for his name:

Sint Nicolaas

Sint Nicolaas

Give us tonight a visit

a then throw something delicious

in this or that corner

(Wow, that sound very stupid in english)

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

sinterklaas.jpg

Happy Sinterklaas day to all my Dutch friends, Geo.error, Lorka, Sivota, Pingos, Millieballon, Team Van Stoffelen..... (I hope I haven't forgoten anyone! If yes! My deepest apologies!!! You are in too of course!!!! :))

If this day is celebrated in other countries too, My best wishes my friends!!!!:)

Again a cointest has ended. As Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet are much too busy bringing gifts to all the children I have to do the job for him.

First of all. Sinterklaas let us all know that he is not amused by all the fake Sinterklazen that are going around everywhere. Ofcourse he knows there are a lot of good and trustfull help-Sinterklazen, but he is not happy with all the 10 Sinterklazen in Gatoulis' post #12. There should never be more then one Sinterklaas on the same place, otherwise it will confuse the children much too much.

Even so Sinterklazen should be spot on and look almost holy. That cannot be said of the Sinterklaas in post #19 by SgtMikal or in #90 by Sterni2009. It's a shame :)

The real Sinterklaas ofcourse is the one in Gatoulis post #11. No doubt about that.

And for all you unbelievers out there. Sinterklaas is not Santa Claus, and no, he does not have a helper called Knecht Ruprecht. Every Dutch child knows his helper is Zwarte Piet. :) And he comes in many varieties like the poëm-Piet, the package-Piet, the tell-the-way-Piet, the head-Piet, the carry-Piet, the chimney-Piet and the steering-Piet (for his Steamboat). And we could go on with this list.

But now, the winner of the cointest. It was difficult to make the decision by myself so i had a little copnversation by phone with the internet-Piet. He consulted the press-Piet, who then had a little chat with the Head-Piet, who - as I was told - had a little chat with Sinterklaas himself.

Sinterklaas was very clear about one thing. No Santa's could win this cointest. One cointest made him and Zwarte Piet smile. These are the winning pictures:

SinterklaasA1.jpgZwaartPietA1.jpg

Paganfrog, on behalve of Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet: Congratulations!

Greetings and thanks for playing,

Van Stoffelen Sr.

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

:) Congrats Heather!!!!! :) See... you were a good girl and Sinterklaas knew that!!! :D

Thank you Rian my friend for the cointest! I hope you had a great Sinterklass day!

Hmm.... here in Greece it is 00:29..... so... officially it is my name day celebration! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

And for all you unbelievers out there. Sinterklaas is not Santa Claus, and no, he does not have a helper called Knecht Ruprecht. Every Dutch child knows his helper is Zwarte Piet. And he comes in many varieties like the poëm-Piet, the package-Piet, the tell-the-way-Piet, the head-Piet, the carry-Piet, the chimney-Piet and the steering-Piet (for his Steamboat). And we could go on with this list.

Welll Van Stoffelen, it might be possible that his helper is called Zwarte Piet in your country, but here in Germany he IS called Knecht Ruprecht. Even he himself is called Nikolaus here and not Sinterklaas. Every German child knows that his fellow is called Knecht Ruprecht. So what? Only because he has another name in your country, our name here is not wrong.

Welll Van Stoffelen, it might be possible that his helper is called Zwarte Piet in your country, but here in Germany he IS called Knecht Ruprecht. Even he himself is called Nikolaus here and not Sinterklaas. Every German child knows that his fellow is called Knecht Ruprecht. So what? Only because he has another name in your country, our name here is not wrong.

Sterni2009. You might not have sensed it, but I wrote with it with a big smile on my face. I know that according to every German kid there is only one Nikolaus, with his helper Knecht Ruprecht. I did check with Zwarte Piet for the horns though and he told me he has none :)

Sterni2009. You might not have sensed it, but I wrote with it with a big smile on my face. I know that according to every German kid there is only one Nikolaus, with his helper Knecht Ruprecht. I did check with Zwarte Piet for the horns though and he told me he has none :)

Then I say sorry for misunderstanding, but I did not get the smile on your face :) Just thought you thought that I would not knwo who Nikolaus is and that he is not Santa and so on... Misunderstanding :D

wow i just logged on after watching a sci-fi/horror b-movie that is so bad its laughable if it wasnt for the fact that the monster was a giant spider (shudders, lol) and i see i have won an awesome cointest. thanks ryan for the fun cointest. it was great trying to find good images to use that were unusual