Sending out some geocoins

Team Van Stoffelen

Hello world,

I am not only downsizing my collection by selling them, I am also sending a few into the big wide world. As i am not in the position to travel around the world myself, mister Postman has to do the job for me.

I am looking for geocachers who wants to drop a geocoin of my in a cache nearby where they live. I am thinking overseas this time, so it should be somewhere in Australia, Asia, Afrika, South America or any other place separated from the Netherlands by a big ocean. Anyone who lives in a nice outpost in this world nearby a (little frequently visited) cache are very welcome to respond.

For now I have about five coins to ship into the world. Please contact me by pm or email (preferred).

*** Cointest ***

Those who contact me by pm or email also have a chance on winning a geocoin. I that case you should also post a message in this thread and let me know why i really should release my geocoin(s) in your neighbourhood. Cointest ends: Sunday, November 22, 20.00 hours CET.

Thanks a lot,

Rian (Van Stoffelen Sr)

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

email sent

I have lots of caches and cachers in my town that love to move goins. In addition, I live in relatively close proximity to several highways and highly-travelled areas, so coins released in this area stand a good chance to be picked up and move pretty far.

Thanx for the cointest!

We can release coins here in Tampa Florida where the weather is great this time of year (80 degrees today). Live near the beach and many major highways also only 1 hour from Orlando Florida - home to Walt Disney World and a lot of great active caches with cachers from around the world.

Seekerfamily

This also goes for anyone else that wants to move their coins out of colder weather areas.

I forgot to post why to release a coin here in Rhodes, in Greece!

Well.... Since you like history.... Greece is a full of it! Mythology, ancient history, Medieval history.... In Rhodes we have everything!!!

(We even had a dragon in the medieval times..... and the dragon lived close to my house!!!)!

The caches that are near me are in ancient places too!

Rhodes is mentioned in the Trojan war who participated with its king, in the greek side! Rhodes had one of the 7 sages of the ancient times (Kleovoulos from Lindos), one ofthe 7 miracles of the ancient world (Colossus), and the most famous Olympic winner and actually Olympic winner family! I am talking about Diagoras and his family, where all of his sons were Olympic winners too, I think his grand children too, and one of his daughters Kallipateira was the first and the only women who saw the olympics in the ancient times! (it was forbitten to women and the panishment was death!!!) Well.. I do not know if it also counts that many dutch are visiting Rhodes as toutists and some even stayed here, got married... :laughing:

so... how about the island of the Sun God see one of your coins too?

do I have to post more reasons???? :D

I have to admit something! Since the tourist season is over, I do not know when it will move! The caches that are close to the city like the one in the ancient stadium, is still visited by geocachers who are visiting the island with cruizer ships, so... :)

email sent.

I think you should send your coins to arkansas!

I mean why not...I live right near a large interstate highway, and the coin should travel far. You never know, you could make it a goal to get back to you. See how long (or if) it takes to get back to you.

Plus I've only been caching less than a year, and I like to see coins, and icons, and things like that.

Knock, knock... anybody out there in Asia, Africa, Australia, South America...

Australia reporting in :) you should send a cold coin this way to experience xmas in the heat ;) it is not unusual for it to hit 40c on x-mas day, making a hot roast lunch less of a treat :laughing: but we combat that with lots of ice cold beer :D

PM sent

PM sent!

I'd love to release a coin in Montana for you! I am the owner of a secure TB Hotel near a busy highway that runs right by Glacier National Park and some fantastic photo opportunities. LMK if you would like me to release one for you.

Hey - yep a South African that travels back regularly - and living in the Middle East.

So we can release it in the UAE / Qatar / Oman in the Middle East

Or Egypt / South Africa (north & south of the continent) - just tell us where.

We'll be more than hppy to help - just shout.

Rian - ons kas selfs amper Nederlands praat. Ons is Afrikaans en die taal is amper die selfde (?)

Edited by Carbon Hunter

hello my friend!!

i live in the UK and can offer my services to drop a few coins for you.

i have just recieved 3 from labrador wild man to do exactly the same into local caches.

from here they have the whole of Europe open to them, even up to scotland, ireland, wales.

i have a hotel down the road that is ease of access to france and beyond or can be dropped into one of my local caches just to travel as many as it can.

dave,

ps the coin i adopted from you has now moved to the military base in IRAQ, so if there are any UK personel on base it should make its way to the UK in 2 jumps!!

Rian - ons kas selfs amper Nederlands praat. Ons is Afrikaans en die taal is amper die selfde (?)

Geen probleem nie. Ek klein verstaan en lees Afrikaans. Baie woorden sy die selfde (!)

Wonderlik - your Afrikaans is great - reading and listening is much easier than speakign for me when i listen to Dutch

So United Arab Emirates is covered - and parts of South Africa

Thank you all for helping me sending my coins all over the world. In the next few days I will contact the following geocachers:

Paganfrog, for helping me release a geocoin in rainy, windy, but o so beautiful Scotland.

Gatoulis, for helping me release a geocoin on one of the beautiful Greek isles.

Pastor B, for helping me release a geocoin in Dutch country in Iowa, USA.

Turlutortue, for helping me release a geocoin in Japan.

AlliedOZ, for helping me release a geocoin Down Under in Australia.

CinCol, for helping me release a geocoin in sunny Quatar.

Carbon Hunter, for helping me release a geocoin in South Afrika.

I know it's more then I would send out in the first place, and yest, Scotland and Greece are not divided grom the Netherlands by a big ocean (well, not if you take the shortest way to get there), but, as I am the one and only judge in this cointest... :(

And the lucky winner of the cointest is... (picking one peace of paper out of a big hat) ... Paganfrog. Congratulations!

Thanks all for joining in and you might try your luck at my other 'Sinterklaas' cointest.

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

wow, this is awesome. i didnt even know i had entered a cointest in this thread, i mean i knew there was one, but i just simply offered my coin dropping services for you my friend.

thankyou very much for making this cointest and coin dropping oppotunity. i dont get out to search for many caches so i like to watch for coins visiting my caches so that i can collect the icons instead :(

thanks my friend

Thank you all for helping me sending my coins all over the world. In the next few days I will contact the following geocachers:

Paganfrog, for helping me release a geocoin in rainy, windy, but o so beautiful Scotland.

Gatoulis, for helping me release a geocoin on one of the beautiful Greek isles.

Pastor B, for helping me release a geocoin in Dutch country in Iowa, USA.

Turlutortue, for helping me release a geocoin in Japan.

AlliedOZ, for helping me release a geocoin Down Under in Australia.

CinCol, for helping me release a geocoin in sunny Quatar.

Carbon Hunter, for helping me release a geocoin in South Afrika.

I know it's more then I would send out in the first place, and yest, Scotland and Greece are not divided grom the Netherlands by a big ocean (well, not if you take the shortest way to get there), but, as I am the one and only judge in this cointest... :(

And the lucky winner of the cointest is... (picking one peace of paper out of a big hat) ... Paganfrog. Congratulations!

Thanks all for joining in and you might try your luck at my other 'Sinterklaas' cointest.

Thanks for the cointest and we hope all your coins travel far.