what dose TNLNSL mean

carllykins

TNLNSL what dose this mean

Took Nothing, Left Nothing, Signed Log. Looks like others already answered. When I started caching I had no clue what it meant, but I just used it anyway. Sorta like, tryin' to fit in! :) I did eventually find out when I investigated.

Happy Cachin'! :D

Edited by PorscheSpyder
It means the cache finder was too lame to write an actual comment about his/her experience in finding the cache. Even some minor mention of the weather and or condition of the cache would be far better.

True, if the only log is TNLNSL. However, a lot of times the log will include something about the weather, or cache or experience, and TNLNSL is just a way to let the CO know you didn't make any trade.

Most of my logs end with TNLNSL, but I normally add a little something about my experience on each one. :):D

Usually on the physical log I just sign my geo name and the date. Online I'll add a couple lines about the cache, the weather, the condition of the hide, my experience searching for it, the site, etc. When I'm out for a day finding many I carry a small spiral notebook where I either scrawl out my log or a few words to remind myself which this one was. I feel that if someone took the trouble to lay out a cache for me to find I owe them a couple sentences. Kind of trade up or trade even applied to logging.

On the physical log, I'll include Date and Time of find and sign Geocache name. I may or may not make more notes on the experience of the cache.

On the Cache Page log though, I'll get into many more details if I see fit. I'll tell a short novel sometimes. I do that, cause I figure the Owner of the cache will readily read the Email involved with my log entry a lot sooner than he may read the physical log book in the cache. As a cache owner, I know that I'll read the page entries every time. (I own it, so I get all the emails.) So I hope folks will post a good note when they log a Find (or even a DNF) at my cache page.

In the field while hunting, I print out the cache page and take it with me. While at the cache (found or not) I jot down my notes on that sheet that I'll want to post back at home on the cache page for the CO to read. I jot down the Time too on my sheet and will then have that note in front of me for when I post my visit on the cache page.

When I post my log on the cache page, I have all Info ready for him on my personal notes that I wrote on the sheet that I took to the hunt.

That's what I do anyhow.

It means the cache finder was too lame to write an actual comment about his/her experience in finding the cache. Even some minor mention of the weather and or condition of the cache would be far better.

True, if the only log is TNLNSL. However, a lot of times the log will include something about the weather, or cache or experience, and TNLNSL is just a way to let the CO know you didn't make any trade.

Most of my logs end with TNLNSL, but I normally add a little something about my experience on each one. :lol::)

I used to add TNLNSL to my online logs but after awhile I figured it really isn't information that's all that useful. I rarely trade, so unless I've grabbed/dropped a trackable item the only acronyms I use are TFTC (in addition to something about the hide/location or anything else interesting.