A different kind of FTF

oakenwood

First to find it's been muggled. One of my own caches, in fact.

I was out for a walk, and stopped by to check it. Looks like it got hit a few weeks ago. If there's a silver lining, it's that I got some new swag out of it.

Anybody else ever find a muggled cache? Had one of yours muggled?

I'd say most of use who have been at this for any time have experienced one, or both.

Any chance the muggles had four legs?

I don't think so. The container wasn't damaged. The lid was pulled off, which is hard to do without opposable thumbs. The log pages with writing were torn out, and the rest of the log was missing.

I'd say they had two legs, and don't like toys. They even left the wind-up walking turtle.

First to find it's been muggled. One of my own caches, in fact.

I was out for a walk, and stopped by to check it. Looks like it got hit a few weeks ago. If there's a silver lining, it's that I got some new swag out of it.

Anybody else ever find a muggled cache? Had one of yours muggled?

Well those are the only type of FTFs that I really don't want to find. :)

ScubaSonic

Yep have had several of mine Muggled, as well as replaced a few for other cachers that had been muggled.

There was one in particular that was a fantastic spot so I was going back to the area the next day so I contacted the cache owner and he said it would be great if I replaced it so I did.

ScubaSonic

I did that once, with part of a really nice multi-cache. I didn't think to notify the owner, and he replaced it himself a couple of months later. For a while, there were two caches. I had to go back, find his, and merge them.

Aww, I miss Cape Town. My family and I lived there when I was in high (senior) school, predating geocaching. It's such a beautiful area to hike, I'm SO jealous of you Cape Town geocachers!! It was neat seeing familes of buggles on the side of the road now and then :D In TX now, which has it's own beauty, but there is no competing with the Cape B)

Any chance the muggles had four legs?

Here in Africa we regularly have caches "Buggled".......Muggled by baboons.....! :)

Aww, I miss Cape Town. My family and I lived there when I was in high (senior) school, predating geocaching. It's such a beautiful area to hike, I'm SO jealous of you Cape Town geocachers!! It was neat seeing familes of buggles on the side of the road now and then :lol: In TX now, which has it's own beauty, but there is no competing with the Cape :)

Don't be jealous....plan a trip and come and do a few of our great caches! The baboons may even pop in to say "Hi".