LEO offered free premium memberships!

Rockin Roddy

According to a recent Washington Post article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=artslot officers are now able to receive free premium memberships from GS so they can stay on top of the caches hidden in their areas! A step in the right direction, I applaud GS and Miss Jenn for this.

To the best of my knowledge its always been that way , ( like years ) Thanks to Hydee and Bryan

Joe

Excellent!! It also states that Geocaching.com is sending out notices to police departments across the country! That is a huge and expensive undertaking on the part of GC.com!!

On another note, though I found this little bit to be very curious, "a package containing cash and a transponder taped to a trash can near Chicago" That one sure doesn't sound like a geocache to me!

On another note, though I found this little bit to be very curious, "a package containing cash and a transponder taped to a trash can near Chicago" That one sure doesn't sound like a geocache to me!

Apparently THIS was the micro stuck to a garbage can that the reporters somehow interpreted as having a "transponder" in it... :)

Apparently THIS was the micro stuck to a garbage can that the reporters somehow interpreted as having a "transponder" in it... :)

How many free memberships to the press would it take to get a single newspaper article on caching that didn't contain at least one factual inaccuracy?

According to a recent Washington Post article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=artslot officers are now able to receive free premium memberships from GS so they can stay on top of the caches hidden in their areas! A step in the right direction, I applaud GS and Miss Jenn for this.

Unfortunately the "transponder" that they blew up would not have shown up in a search, as it had been archived 6 months ago.

They should stop being greedy, and offer the LEOs platinum memberships to allieviate that issue.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool