Coin Sellers Who Do Not Deliver

cincol

I am not sure where to start this thread but think this is the right place.

I am looking for any advice / ideas / suggestions concerning vendors who sell geocoins and then do not deliver the goods. Of greater concern is they advertise on the gc.com web sites as well. This is an issue about a principle rather than the amount of money involved - which is just less than $100 incidentally.

In July I placed an order and paid for it via PayPal. After a week or so the vendor contacted me to inform me the delivery of 1 set of coins I ordered would be delayed about 3 weeks and would I like the balance of my order shipped in the meanwhile. I replied that he could wait and ship everything together in order to save on international shipping costs. He agreed to that and have never heard of him since! :)

Numerous e-mails to his personal e-mail address [as supplied by himself], his business e-mail address, the "sales" e-mail address and his gc.com profile e-mail have all fallen on deaf ears. I contacted gc.com about it and initially one of the staffers was very enthusiastic about helping me. Once I sent my order details and all the supporting e-mail correspondence to her the enthusiasm has waned. Despite follow-up e-mails to her on both her direct e-mail address and the support address I get no response from her either. I am now beginning to wonder if there is some sort of deeper connection as once she received the details of who this suppliers was everything dried up? :)

My question that I pose is should I name and shame the supplier on this forum and get my money's worth so to speak or what should I do? I await some responses.

Edited by cincol

Thanks to the replies and pointing me to other threads. I have know read dozens of posts in different threads all about the SAME PLACE!!!! Yep, you guessed it, and I will name them here as well - COINSWAG.COM - they take your money and run with it! I will spread the word far and wide around the world!!

Thanks to the replies and pointing me to other threads. I have know read dozens of posts in different threads all about the SAME PLACE!!!! Yep, you guessed it, and I will name them here as well - COINSWAG.COM - they take your money and run with it! I will spread the word far and wide around the world!!

Using Whois.net to look up the Contact information on that Domain (Web Address), youc an get the following info

Jake Wright

710 Ash Street S

Twin Falls, ID 83301

1-208-539-7821

Try giving them a phone call and keep calling them until they decide to send your order

I'm surprised. That vendor will refund your money when asked.

Well, judging by his history of not responding to communication AND all the threads on this forum dating back a good while it does not seem to be the case. I do hope that I am proved wrong though and I will then offer an apology, but until such time - NO WAY!

Try giving them a phone call and keep calling them until they decide to send your order

Thanks for the telephone number. I will indeed call him. Need to synchronize time zones and get all the details in a row first - such as orders, correspondence, etc so that I have everything at my disposal. Isn't it sad when it is the customer - the person who keeps him in business - that has to go to all the hassles of international phone calls, endless correspondence, debates and who knows what just because somebody has no clue as to what service should be. Seems they don't even know how to spell the word!

I will keep you posted with any news after tomorrow. :)

Most coin makers are not professionals. They are hobbyists. This is not what they do to pay their mortgages or feed their kids so you may not get the same expectation of them that you'd get from, say, your lumber supplier or hardware store. Coin makers are more like street vendours in a virtual swap meet ... when they have product to sell their websites are bustling otherwise they're off geocaching, fishing, working their regular jobs or putting together the next project.

So I'd suggest a bit of patience and persistence. Don't expect your coins but demand a refund at this stage.

Most coin makers are not professionals. They are hobbyists. This is not what they do to pay their mortgages or feed their kids so you may not get the same expectation of them that you'd get from, say, your lumber supplier or hardware store. Coin makers are more like street vendours in a virtual swap meet ... when they have product to sell their websites are bustling otherwise they're off geocaching, fishing, working their regular jobs or putting together the next project.

So I'd suggest a bit of patience and persistence. Don't expect your coins but demand a refund at this stage.

I don't agree with this. If they take your money, they owe you a response. I think we should expect the same type of customer service from them than we would expect from any other business. If they don't have time for that, then they shouldn't be in business.

This is just one of many coin companies that have done the same thing. It is time to stop defending them.

I don't agree with this. If they take your money, they owe you a response. I think we should expect the same type of customer service from them than we would expect from any other business. If they don't have time for that, then they shouldn't be in business.

This is just one of many coin companies that have done the same thing. It is time to stop defending them.

Droo has a point, but I agree more with MustangJoni. Once they take your money they have an obligation to provide you with the goods in a timely, agreed upon manner. From my observations we Geocoin afficianados tend to be a patient bunch, but there's gotta be communication. Tell us what's going on and why the hold up, and we'll wait a long time. Don't talk to us and you're going down!

Droo has a point, but I agree more with MustangJoni. Once they take your money they have an obligation to provide you with the goods in a timely, agreed upon manner. From my observations we Geocoin afficianados tend to be a patient bunch, but there's gotta be communication. Tell us what's going on and why the hold up, and we'll wait a long time. Don't talk to us and you're going down!

It seems the last two companies that have done this have communicated just enough to keep people from filing paypal complaints until it was too late. Folks, at day 44 you need to file a complaint with Paypal. If the coins are ever made, which they probably won't be, you can buy them when they are in hand at the vendors shop. You could even trade for them, if they ever get made.

Since you paid via Paypal you can open a buyer's dispute against them. They will freeze the funds in their acct. until settled. They tend to side on the buyers side & you definitely have a case. This is a link to how to do this at paypal, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...uyerFileDispute Hope this helps. Phish_bonz

You have to file within 45 days. Some of the people affected by this ordered in June and July of this year.

Well, I just got the following email from CoinSwag, so you might have some luck! I got the email, and I haven't placed an order.

This email is in regards to a recent order you may have placed, first we are very sorry for this email taking so long to get out. While ordering coins an international wire transfer was lost and we lost our money to make coins, we are doing our best to save up enough for a order to fulfill the coin orders that are currently waiting to be filled but it will take a few more weeks before we can get an order in. What I need from is to know whether you want a full refund or if you would like the coin, if you do not respond I will proceed with our order and send you the coins as soon as the come in. I will also update our website each week on Mondays as to the status of the pending orders. Thanks for your time and sorry for the mess.

Once again so sorry for the late response, I know some of you have gone through this before and I assure you I will honor refund request as well as completing this project and getting you your coins witch ever you choose to decide.

I'm not defending anyone and I totally agree that if you take money for goods or services that you should act as a professional. It doesn't mean you are.... but at least act the part.

What I was trying to convey is that coin makers in large part are just amateurs ... please, I mean no offense. If you do this for a living and it's your primary source of income you have a different vested interest than if it's a hobby you do to occupy the weekends or cover expenses. A professional does not let "personal considerations" get in the way of fulfilling contract obligations.... amateurs do.

Edited by Droo

They aren't from Wyoming are they??? :)

Using Whois.net to look up the Contact information on that Domain (Web Address), youc an get the following info

Jake Wright

710 Ash Street S

Twin Falls, ID 83301

1-208-539-7821

Oh, well pretty close :)

Since you paid via Paypal you can open a buyer's dispute against them. They will freeze the funds in their acct. until settled. They tend to side on the buyers side & you definitely have a case. This is a link to how to do this at paypal, https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...uyerFileDispute Hope this helps. Phish_bonz

You have to file within 45 days. Some of the people affected by this ordered in June and July of this year.

If you paid for your order with a credit card, check with your credit card company to see if you can file a "charge back" to get the charge reversed and credited back to your card. I know that Discover Card gives me 6 months to file for a reversal of funds. I used that feature to get my money back when AEToys did not deliver on coins they presold.

What I was trying to convey is that coin makers in large part are just amateurs ... please, I mean no offense. If you do this for a living and it's your primary source of income you have a different vested interest than if it's a hobby you do to occupy the weekends or cover expenses. A professional does not let "personal considerations" get in the way of fulfilling contract obligations.... amateurs do.

Not to split hairs or anything. I've seen "hobbyist's, amateurs" fulfill "contract obligations" better than some of the "professionals". That is of course., a personal observation and opinion.

It is my thought that the size of the vendor is not exclusive as to how one handles their geocoin sales but the person(s) behind the "hobby/business.

On a more serious note, how many times are you all going to let this happen? Unless you are a complete newb, if you honestly have your eyes open and have watched the history with some geocoin vendors, the writing has been on the wall. I still don'[t understand how some people keep missing it with all the drama we've had over the past year and a half.

Sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall when I see presales go up and watch the "order sent" being posted every 5 minutes. How many times is it going to take before people finally get it?

Don't buy preslaes folks!!!! I'm sure I'll take a hit for this but come on, demand that the vendor have the product in hand before you part with your hard-earned money. Don't send your money off and cross your fingers. You ever hear the saying; "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"?

I'm of the opinion, if you can't afford to mint a coin on your own, you shouldn't be minting coins with other people's money. There are vendors who will mint your design for you in exchange for some "special editions". I know that sounds harsh but when it comes down to money, be wise. The only people who can afford to throw money away are the wealthy and I can imagine that there aren't too many of them who are geocachers or coin collectors :)

Unless the vendor has several employees working for them, don't buy presale coins. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't suggest buying a presale coin from me (although I don't do presales), if something happened to me and I had your $$$ in hand, guess what, you ain't getting your coins because I don't have anyone who would even know where to start in working through the process.

If you are going to try and argue the fact that "vendor abc" hasn't had a problem before, does it really matter? You send your $$$ away to someone without product in hand, you are taking a risk. It's simple, quit doing it. If you still buy on presale, when something goes wrong, look in the mirror.

I'll even offer a better solution, if you don't mind getting your money taken and getting nothing in return, heck, just send it to me :) I buy alot of dog food and treats, so I can always use the extra cash.

Wow, I feel so much better for getting that off my chest :)

tsun

You ever hear the saying; "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"?

tsun

After having one outstanding order with CoinSwag since June, and another since August, I will NEVER buy from them again regardless if tis a presale or not. I've learned my lesson. The first order was the "fool me once," the second tis the "fool me twice." Fool me thrice ? I think not.

Not to split hairs or anything. I've seen "hobbyist's, amateurs" fulfill "contract obligations" better than some of the "professionals". That is of course., a personal observation and opinion.

It is my thought that the size of the vendor is not exclusive as to how one handles their geocoin sales but the person(s) behind the "hobby/business.

On a more serious note, how many times are you all going to let this happen? Unless you are a complete newb, if you honestly have your eyes open and have watched the history with some geocoin vendors, the writing has been on the wall. I still don'[t understand how some people keep missing it with all the drama we've had over the past year and a half.

Sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall when I see presales go up and watch the "order sent" being posted every 5 minutes. How many times is it going to take before people finally get it?

Don't buy preslaes folks!!!! I'm sure I'll take a hit for this but come on, demand that the vendor have the product in hand before you part with your hard-earned money. Don't send your money off and cross your fingers. You ever hear the saying; "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"?

I'm of the opinion, if you can't afford to mint a coin on your own, you shouldn't be minting coins with other people's money. There are vendors who will mint your design for you in exchange for some "special editions". I know that sounds harsh but when it comes down to money, be wise. The only people who can afford to throw money away are the wealthy and I can imagine that there aren't too many of them who are geocachers or coin collectors :)

Unless the vendor has several employees working for them, don't buy presale coins. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't suggest buying a presale coin from me (although I don't do presales), if something happened to me and I had your $$$ in hand, guess what, you ain't getting your coins because I don't have anyone who would even know where to start in working through the process.

If you are going to try and argue the fact that "vendor abc" hasn't had a problem before, does it really matter? You send your $$$ away to someone without product in hand, you are taking a risk. It's simple, quit doing it. If you still buy on presale, when something goes wrong, look in the mirror.

I'll even offer a better solution, if you don't mind getting your money taken and getting nothing in return, heck, just send it to me :) I buy alot of dog food and treats, so I can always use the extra cash.

tsun

I agree with this. I do make one exception on pre-sales. I will still buy a pre-sale from a State org or group.

tsun

Some great points here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Tsun!

tsun

I had a feeling I'd hear from you on that!! LOL. If you got 'em you might as well split 'em... talking hair now.

As for the pre-sale arguments .... right on. The fact that you don't run 'em is a testament to your professionalism even though you're a rank amateur.... :):)

Edited by Droo

i am observant, i note the bad ones and wont buy from them, i stick to the same companys,, most of them have instock,, but i must say i have a hard time passing up a scavok presale,,

i like cacheaddicts, way of presale,, it a reservation,, no money up front,,, your names onthe coins with no money up front.. so you get the coins you want, and you pay for them when they are in... i know they also keep a list of pepole that reserve and dont pay up,, not that they have any probklem re-selling the coins ,, but that they wont allow you to reserve anymore if you reserve and dont pay when the time comes.

tsun probably has the best customer service that ive seen,, and shes very thankful towards her customers.

candp= has a very good rep with their customers and has a huge clientel, making some of the best nav coins out there.

someday,, id like to design and make coins and sell them myself,, but untill i get past this dang med bill issues(and they seem to keep commin) i wont be able to do that. but someday i hope to be a vendor with my own cash. :)

I'm of the opinion, if you can't afford to mint a coin on your own, you shouldn't be minting coins with other people's money. There are vendors who will mint your design for you in exchange for some "special editions". I know that sounds harsh but when it comes down to money, be wise. The only people who can afford to throw money away are the wealthy and I can imagine that there aren't too many of them who are geocachers or coin collectors :D

Wow, I feel so much better for getting that off my chest B)

tsun

I agree with this. I do make one exception on pre-sales. I will still buy a pre-sale from a State org or group.

I hate to say i am in the middle of a pre sale due to it being a State coin and personal engravings are involved.

I do not want to pay for someones coin with there name on it then they never pay me.

Besides this i do not think Presales should be allowed.

I know it helps out on the amounts to be made but there has been to many issues to keep doing this.

I do not think it is smart to loan people money to make coins.

What happens if they are stolen from there car or etc.

They need to take all liability of making the coins.

The Idaho coins i am helping out with i have paid for all die sides and i have held off on making some other coins until this is over and done with so i have plenty of money to refund just in case they get lost or anything.

I am making other coins with money out of my pocket but not as many until this is done.

I would be having a issue right now on my new football coins if i would have pre sold any.

They have not shown up as fast as normal and people would be upset if they had paid me and i was unable to deliver when said.

It would be nice to see Groundspeak put restrictions on this.

Does anyone know of anybody who has had criminal charges filed on them or has anyone ever followed through on a complaint with police???

From what i see nobody ever does anything.

Maybe one day someone will follow through on complaints.

It is sad to see there is people out here like this. :)

On a more serious note, how many times are you all going to let this happen? Unless you are a complete newb, if you honestly have your eyes open and have watched the history with some geocoin vendors, the writing has been on the wall. I still don't understand how some people keep missing it with all the drama we've had over the past year and a half.

tsun

Year and a half... and longer... but yes, there are vendors I refuse to buy from no matter how glittery and pretty their coins might look... there are always trades available...

Well, I just got the following email from CoinSwag, so you might have some luck! I got the email, and I haven't placed an order.

This email is in regards to a recent order you may have placed, first we are very sorry for this email taking so long to get out. While ordering coins an international wire transfer was lost and we lost our money to make coins, we are doing our best to save up enough for a order to fulfill the coin orders that are currently waiting to be filled but it will take a few more weeks before we can get an order in. What I need from is to know whether you want a full refund or if you would like the coin, if you do not respond I will proceed with our order and send you the coins as soon as the come in. I will also update our website each week on Mondays as to the status of the pending orders. Thanks for your time and sorry for the mess.

Once again so sorry for the late response, I know some of you have gone through this before and I assure you I will honor refund request as well as completing this project and getting you your coins witch ever you choose to decide.

WOW - so did I - what a coincidence!!! :D Looks as though this thread might just have started something here. I doubt the reasons stated though - nearly 6 MONTHS after the fact!!! Why was this communication so long in coming? Perhaps he wants to trick people into believing they should still by from him? :) Coinswag will NEVER see another $ from me again.

I have had good service from coinswag (admittedly on Groundspeak Earthcache coins) and other existing stock.

I also looked at their Amazon and other customer feedback. It was all very positive.

It is a shame that times change - but it all really comes down to communication and customer expectation management.

These guys have not kept their side of the bargain....and not just with one buyer.

I have a nagging suspicion that I have an outstanding presale order with them too :blush: well in the words of tsun "one bitten" ?

Did I read this right? Coinswag is just a middle man for geocoins and the money everyone sent them for coins got "lost" in a wire transfer?

:) Deja` Vu .. seems all this has been hashed and rehashed before.

Nothing is going to change until WE as consumers say 'NO' to presales! I for one won't pay up front for a coin that is not produced. I think reservations are fine, but presales should be banned from ever being offered.

:D anyone care to shed light on which coin it is that they didn't produce?

BTW, I recieved the email too... a mass email I assume to stop the bleeding... rumor control B)

...there's an idea for someones next coin... "just say NO to presales!" :)

Edited by LionsLair

:) anyone care to shed light on which coin it is that they didn't produce?

Ordered 8-23-09

Pirates of the Geocache - "Girl"

Ordered 6-11-09

Glass Traveler - Personalized

Pirates of the Geocache AC

Pirates of the Geocache AS

The above are the four coins I've been waiting to get.

Here is my order dated 6 JULY 2009

Cachin Moms - Blue X 2

GeoTriad

Bee Cachekinz

Butterfly Cachekinz

Ladybug Cachekinz

Hang Loose - Black Nickel

Not any particular coin it seems but a variety - although the big common thread seem to be the "Pirates of the Geocache" series and the "Cachekinz" series.

:) anyone care to shed light on which coin it is that they didn't produce?

Ordered 8-23-09

Pirates of the Geocache - "Girl"

Ordered 6-11-09

Glass Traveler - Personalized

Pirates of the Geocache AS

The above are the four coins I've been waiting to get.

Here is my order dated 6 JULY 2009

Cachin Moms - Blue X 2

GeoTriad

Bee Cachekinz

Butterfly Cachekinz

Ladybug Cachekinz

Hang Loose - Black Nickel

Not any particular coin it seems but a variety - although the big common thread seem to be the "Pirates of the Geocache" series and the "Cachekinz" series.

I didn't know coinswag sold Cachekinz. I get mine from Cache Addict. He won't take your money unless he has the coins in stock, and ships quickly.

Hi all. I don't know of a better place to post this, so I'm posting it here. I got an email the other day from coinswag.com saying something about an order I placed and a delay and asking me to respond if I want to keep the order. Trouble is, maybe it's been so long that I don't even know what I ordered! I looked at their site and don't see anything under their coin list that I think I would have ordered- I thought maybe that would jog my memory. I just did a search here and see that some people have outstanding orders from back in July or so. I did look at my credit card charges last night, but I only went back to about September, so maybe I need to look farther back now that I read about how long ago outstanding orders are from, and I will do that tonight. But I'm wondering if they made other coins that aren't showing up now on their website? I'm usually very good about saving emails from orders for anything that I place, and I can't find an email about an order. But I don't want to be cheated out of something if I did place an order and perhaps already paid for it.

Before people tell me to contact them before posting anything here, let me clarify that I did reply to the email sent by the site owner, as per the request in his email, and asked if he could tell me if I indeed had an outstanding order, and if so, what it was for, since I needed that info before answering his question about whether or not I wanted the order cancelled. No response to that email. So then I went to their website and tracked down their phone number- one rings a fast busy that usually means the number is out of service, the other gives a recording saying that the number is out of service. So I don't seem to have a way to contact them. And it doesn't look like they have a way to look up account info or track order history on their website. Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated- i.e. about what coins they have made and sold, and also if anyone knows anything more about the status of this company, or how to get in touch with a live human being!

Hi all. I don't know of a better place to post this, so I'm posting it here. I got an email the other day from coinswag.com saying something about an order I placed and a delay and asking me to respond if I want to keep the order. Trouble is, maybe it's been so long that I don't even know what I ordered! I looked at their site and don't see anything under their coin list that I think I would have ordered- I thought maybe that would jog my memory. I just did a search here and see that some people have outstanding orders from back in July or so. I did look at my credit card charges last night, but I only went back to about September, so maybe I need to look farther back now that I read about how long ago outstanding orders are from, and I will do that tonight. But I'm wondering if they made other coins that aren't showing up now on their website? I'm usually very good about saving emails from orders for anything that I place, and I can't find an email about an order. But I don't want to be cheated out of something if I did place an order and perhaps already paid for it.

Before people tell me to contact them before posting anything here, let me clarify that I did reply to the email sent by the site owner, as per the request in his email, and asked if he could tell me if I indeed had an outstanding order, and if so, what it was for, since I needed that info before answering his question about whether or not I wanted the order cancelled. No response to that email. So then I went to their website and tracked down their phone number- one rings a fast busy that usually means the number is out of service, the other gives a recording saying that the number is out of service. So I don't seem to have a way to contact them. And it doesn't look like they have a way to look up account info or track order history on their website. Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated- i.e. about what coins they have made and sold, and also if anyone knows anything more about the status of this company, or how to get in touch with a live human being!

Everybody who subscribes to their newsletter got that email. I got it and I've never bought anything from them, but did subscribe to the newsletter.

This is one of biggest peeves against pre-sales.... keeping track of it to keep the vendour honest. In this case, Doc, I think the vendour is just keeping his head down and focussing on those customers with claims not those wanting to know if they should be filing a claim. :signalviolin:

Folks, I wouldn't attach too much/faith/importance/belief to the mail from CoinSwag.

I got the same mail that Joni did. Now here's the kicker.

I've never purchashed anything from them.

I'm trying to get them to answer an activation code question, and Jake can't be bothered with that, either.

............................I'm trying to get them to answer an activation code question, and Jake can't be bothered with that, either.

Don't hold your breathe Folks - I haven't had a reply from weekly e-mails to various addresses for the last 6 MONTHS about my outstanding order so why should they bother with a little ol' activation code!!?? Not even telephone calls get answered. IMHO this guy is a BIG RIPOFF ARTIST and should be avoided at all costs.

It was rather coincidental that the mass e-mail that was sent out originated 1 day after this thread was started. Seems that he reads these threads. Well I hope that he sleeps well at night after having taken so many people for a ride - people that had absolute faith in the virtues and integrity of a fellow geocacher. Every dog has its day Jake - YOUR day is coming!

Edited by cincol

Does anybody out there have any further feedback on this thread? I have been trying - on and off - for a few weeks now to call [at various hours] but to no avail. I wonder if they still exist? :);)

I think both of the phone numbers on their site are defunct so I probably wouldn't waste my time calling from overseas I'm sad to say...

I was disappointed to find out recently that a coin of theirs that I did buy & receive can't seem to be activated by my sister who it was a gift for, and like others, she's not gotten a response to emails. does anyone know if Groundspeak can help with that? Do they keep a database of activation codes? Or given that this seller isn't responding, could they override whatever activation code he may have assigned the coins (if that's how it works?) and activate coins for people? Any ideas?

As the OP of this thread I feel I need to say that something is happening as far as Coinswag.com goes. In the passed few days I have had a number of e-mails from Jake indicating that he is attempting to rectify the situation that lead to the various posting regarding his failure to deliver.

He has committed to sending my coins that I ordered or refunding my order. I will report back here on the progress. Perhaps others should as well.

Although Jake has not offered any reasons behind his original failure to deliver or the sudden turn around to now deliver - I am happy to give him the proverbial "second chance".

Edited by cincol