Auto-Renewal Failed & Membership Expiration Notice

Vater_Araignee

Today I checked my e-mail and I received two about my membership.

The first one...

11/15/2009 10:00 PM

Hello from Groundspeak! According to the terms of our agreement, we tried to bill your MasterCard ending in the last four digits xxxx for $10 USD, but our billing attempt failed. This could be for a variety of reasons, including an invalid or expired credit card on file.

Your Groundspeak Premium Membership will continue to be valid for 7 days, at which point the account will revert to Basic Member status. If you wish to renew your membership before it expires, please visit the Groundspeak Premium Membership upgrade page:

http://www.geocaching.com/Membership/premium.aspx

and re-enter your payment details. Thank you for supporting Groundspeak!

Cheers,

The Groundspeak Team

No big deal to me, I did what I had to do and let it laps but I thought somebody may also want to know about the next one sent 1 hour later.

11/15/2009 11:00 PM

Hello from Groundspeak!

This is just a quick note to let you know your Groundspeak Premium Membership for the username "Vater_Araignee" has expired. You may continue to use Geocaching.com, Waymarking.com or Wherigo.com as a Basic Member, or create a new Premium Membership here:

http://www.geocaching.com/Membership/premium.aspx

Thank you for supporting Groundspeak!

Cheers,

The Groundspeak Team

So according to the first I have seven days to renew or revert to basic membership but, according to the second and the site itself seven days apparently equal one hour.

Thank you for letting us know. We're currently having some difficulty properly notifying Premium Members who have, at one time, had one of the older PayPal subscriptions (S-XXXXXXXXXXX) but have since switched over to our newer payment system. The people affected seem to be those who renewed one year ago. We're looking into this and should have a fix soon. Sorry for the confusion!

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I noticed that I'm now listed as a Basic member and cannot access my Pocket Queries. My Premium Member subscription is/was annually renewed in May of this past year, so it shouldn't expire until next May.

Same problem here! I'm being told I'm only a basic member. My subscription renewal isn't due till July.

Add me to the list of cachers having problems with this.

Recently got charged for the monthly renewal I have had going since 2005.

Just now I attempted to log a PMO cache, and was denied access.

Now I see my account has reverted to a 'basic' membership?

No notice of any kind, just cut off.

Needless to say, I am ever so slightly perturbed. :lol:

I see I'm not the only one. I just noticed it and I am not happy. I go month-to-month and was renewed Oct. 27 and all had been find until I just checked.

Needless to say I am NOT very happy.

same problem here.

plz add me to this list. renewal has been made at the beginning of october.

i'm not happy at all......

ticket has been raise at Groundspeak, but i'm relieved, i'm not alone with this problem

Hi folks,

Not sure if this covers your problems with "premium" membership, but I seem to remember that GS were revoking "premium" membership if a script in GSAK was being used to download GSX-Files. First there was a warning from them and if this would be ignored then the accounts were being revoked. Hope this helps. Best wishes, David

Hi folks,

Not sure if this covers your problems with "premium" membership, but I seem to remember that GS were revoking "premium" membership if a script in GSAK was being used to download GSX-Files. First there was a warning from them and if this would be ignored then the accounts were being revoked. Hope this helps. Best wishes, David

AFAIK these people were "banned", not downgraded.

I became Basic this morning, too, although I've payed (monthly) til november 28th

Hi folks,

I too have been downgraded. Just out of curiosity I looked at everyone's profiles above that have also been downgraded, and every one of us has info from GSAK posted on our profile. I wonder if this is a coincidence that 100% of us that have this problem all have uploaded stats from GSAK on our profile? I don't know about the script the above poster is talking about, but, I use a GSAK macro (GenUploadstats.gsk) that auto post my stats to my profile. Maybe this is being misinterpreted by Groundspeak as malicious and they downgraded us without warning? I'm just grasping at straws though. Hope they get me fixed soon because I need a pocket query right now.

Hi folks,

I too have been downgraded. Just out of curiosity I looked at everyone's profiles above that have also been downgraded, and every one of us has info from GSAK posted on our profile. I wonder if this is a coincidence that 100% of us that have this problem all have uploaded stats from GSAK on our profile? I don't know about the script the above poster is talking about, but, I use a GSAK macro (GenUploadstats.gsk) that auto post my stats to my profile. Maybe this is being misinterpreted by Groundspeak as malicious and they downgraded us without warning? I'm just grasping at straws though. Hope they get me fixed soon because I need a pocket query right now.

Then you didn't look at my profile. I have nothing from GSAK on there, just a map of states.

This just sucks. GS, get your crap together and fix this.

This is Sue...

I have an account Sue-Cat - paid premium membership just the other day and yesterday it reverted to basic fo no apparent reason. :lol: I have no stats at all on my profile page (I log all finds under Vinny & Sue Team), nor do I run automated whatevers that are getting some people banned.

Our Vinny & Sue Team account remains premium, thank goodness. :)

Sue-Cat, Vinny & Sue Team

Add my name to the list. I've been a Premium member sing 6/11/2002. My account even shows that my Premium Membership expires 8/10/2010.

I had used the GSAK script to download all of the logs on my caches for my profile, but quit when one of the other local cachers got banned for doing the same.

An acknowledgment from Groundspeak that they are at least looking into this issue would be appreciated.

My forum title was also - Charter Member - and that also is now gone.

Thanks in advance!

Fried Okra

Count us in as well. We pay annually and just renewed in October. We have no GSAK issues - no scripts, no stats, etc. Totally unsatisfactory.

I notice we're all showing as Premium Member Group in the Forum. Not sure how we got labeled as tadpole, but that's ok, I guess.

Edited by DaxVolks

I have 2 accounts, fortunately my primary account (created 24/12/03) which I log all my finds on is still Premium at present. My second account which I use for additional PQ's is the one which has been downgraded, there are no stats showing on that account and I have never used any GSAK scripts on that account.

I think it is a system fault at Groundspeak, which they need to sort out before a lot more people get p****d off. A little communication from them would help, at least we would know they were on the case!!

I think it is a system fault at Groundspeak, which they need to sort out before a lot more people get p****d off. A little communication from them would help, at least we would know they were on the case!!

They should about be waking up in Seattle now, so let's hope we some action soon!

Mine has now returned to Premium member status again.

Mine also. Note that I had to log out and back in again for it to take effect.

Many thanks for resolving the issue :lol:

Yep, that did it. Thanks for the tip. Sure can't count on GS to let us know.

Everyone should just take it as a fact of computer life, that if something is changed (website, application, etc.) that you should log out and back in to be sure the changes are made for you. Not just here, but everywhere.

Mine has now returned to Premium member status again.

Mine also. Note that I had to log out and back in again for it to take effect.

Many thanks for resolving the issue :lol:

Yep, that did it. Thanks for the tip. Sure can't count on GS to let us know.

Everyone should just take it as a fact of computer life, that if something is changed (website, application, etc.) that you should log out and back in to be sure the changes are made for you. Not just here, but everywhere.

I disagree. I have an open ticket that hasn't been responded to yet and there is this thread that GS hasn't commented on lately. All along, some parts of the site were saying I was in the Premium Members group, others were not. It was not at all clear to me that logoff/logon was required and since we haven't been told from those who fixed the problem, how could we know for sure? I wasn't even sure it was fixed just because one or two people said they were back to normal.

I'll grant that it often will solve a problem like this, but without communication from those fixing the problem that they've done something and that we might need to logoff/logon to see the changes, it isn't clear at all.