Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities

GCF2010

Today is the Last Day (8-27-10) to get you hotel reservation at the reduce rate!!

Thanks for the notice.

I just got mine made but i may need to find a new motel if my doctor does not sign my medical companionship form for our cat :?)

They are so close to signing the forms for me since i have some medical issues, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I also have decided to drive the 1500 miles with my oldest daughter and son in law.

We just took a road trip and it was a blast so we can not wait to head out to this one at our own pace and if i am noit feeling well we will take our time or if i am feeling good we will be able to hit some fun geocaches along the way.

Cant wait to see many of you there, River Cacher, River Dancer, River Boarder and River Ziggy.

CacheRun2.jpg

Would you like to do a little caching? Would you like a DeLorme 3D Eartha coin? If you answer yes to both of these questions, you’re in luck!

We are having three different caching runs. The first will utilize the light rail system, right outside the event hotel. The second will bring you to the City of Minneapolis. The third will bring you to the City of Saint Paul. There will be a passport for each of the caching runs. The passports will be available at all events or can be downloaded and printed from the Geocoinfest 2010 website on Friday, September 17 around noon. If you’re staying at the event hotel, there is a business center with a printer.

For more information check out Cache Runs

Eartha.jpg

Awesome!!! I was trying to figure out what I'd be doing Saturday.. lol

BTW, For those of you familiar with Minnesota... Where is a good halfwayish place to stay between Ely and Twin Cities, on the west side of the state?

What are you going to do on the West side? It's not that you can't get there from there, but there are a lot of lakes that you will need to go around. It is a nice drive, but slow driving, on lots of two lane roads. Let me know how far west, and I might be able to help.

CacheRun2.jpg

Would you like to do a little caching? Would you like a DeLorme 3D Eartha coin? If you answer yes to both of these questions, you’re in luck!

We are having three different caching runs. The first will utilize the light rail system, right outside the event hotel. The second will bring you to the City of Minneapolis. The third will bring you to the City of Saint Paul. There will be a passport for each of the caching runs. The passports will be available at all events or can be downloaded and printed from the Geocoinfest 2010 website on Friday, September 17 around noon. If you’re staying at the event hotel, there is a business center with a printer.

Eartha.jpg

SWEET!

CacheRun2.jpg

Eartha.jpg

SWEET!

It is sweet! That coin is gorgeous. We got the 2D version at MWGB and that coin is awesome. Imagine it in 3D. I've seen the 3D. You want that coin

BTW, For those of you familiar with Minnesota... Where is a good halfwayish place to stay between Ely and Twin Cities, on the west side of the state?

What are you going to do on the West side? It's not that you can't get there from there, but there are a lot of lakes that you will need to go around. It is a nice drive, but slow driving, on lots of two lane roads. Let me know how far west, and I might be able to help.

I just want to see some of the prairies! Driving up north along the north shore and hitting a bunch of state park caches, then west to Ely for some wolf action, then heading southwest through Itasca State Park, and just figure I should get in some of the prairie lands while I'm there before heading back east to Twin Cities, and need a nice half-way point for staying. I enjoy driving through scenic areas so the slow drive won't be an issue.

I'm trying to get the highlights of your fine state in what bit of time I have. :ph34r:

I just want to see some of the prairies! Driving up north along the north shore and hitting a bunch of state park caches, then west to Ely for some wolf action, then heading southwest through Itasca State Park, and just figure I should get in some of the prairie lands while I'm there before heading back east to Twin Cities, and need a nice half-way point for staying. I enjoy driving through scenic areas so the slow drive won't be an issue.

I'm trying to get the highlights of your fine state in what bit of time I have. :)

I'm not sure how prairie like it is in that area. You will need to get to the South West conner. But the Itasca/Brained area is a very nice area, lots of lakes and some very good caching. We did a long weekend in that area last year and found some very creative caches. I would sugest the Brained or Alexandria area for a half way point from Itasca.

It will be fun to hear of your adventures at the bonfire.