Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities

GCF2010

Like I do every year for Geocoinfest, I'd like to throw up a special auction to help the GCF committee raise some funds for their event. Below is the auction link on ebay.

This will be your ONLY chance to own this coin as it's not an available version to anyone other than the 2009 GCF tsun volunteers from GCF 2009. (which will be mailed to my special helpers next week).

I hope you'll consider going to GCF in Minnesota this year :laughing:

Thanks in advance for bidding! The coin is trackable and you won't be sending me any $$$, it should go right to GCF2010 (if someone from the committee could email the GCF2010 paypal addy, that would be helpful).

tsun

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280465113451

Thank you tsun! You are very kind to make such a donation.

E-mail sent with our paypal account info.

Are there no rooms left? It said "There are no rooms available for your requested travel criteria."

What dates are you trying to make a reservation? I just checked and came up with four different types of rooms that are available for the weekend. If your dates are before September 17 or after September 20 please contact me to get the rate extended for your dates.

Edited to add - It looks like there is a problem with Friday night. I will be calling the Hotel on Monday.

Edited by GCF2010

Are there no rooms left? It said "There are no rooms available for your requested travel criteria."

What dates are you trying to make a reservation? I just checked and came up with four different types of rooms that are available for the weekend. If your dates are before September 17 or after September 20 please contact me to get the rate extended for your dates.

Edited to add - It looks like there is a problem with Friday night. I will be calling the Hotel on Monday.

The hotel has just added more rooms for Friday night.

Like I do every year for Geocoinfest, I'd like to throw up a special auction to help the GCF committee raise some funds for their event. Below is the auction link on ebay.

This will be your ONLY chance to own this coin as it's not an available version to anyone other than the 2009 GCF tsun volunteers from GCF 2009. (which will be mailed to my special helpers next week).

I hope you'll consider going to GCF in Minnesota this year <_<

Thanks in advance for bidding! The coin is trackable and you won't be sending me any $$$, it should go right to GCF2010 (if someone from the committee could email the GCF2010 paypal addy, that would be helpful).

tsun

About 9 hours left on the auction, thanks to those who have placed bids so far :unsure: Remember this helps the GCF committee defray their cost of hosting a Mega event and one that's lots of fun if you're a coiner!

tsun :huh:

I hope you'll consider going to GCF in Minnesota this year <_<

tsun

About 9 hours left on the auction, thanks to those who have placed bids so far :unsure: Remember this helps the GCF committee defray their cost of hosting a Mega event and one that's lots of fun if you're a coiner!

tsun :huh:

:D

Just curious (as I await the 2010 NFL schedule to come out and see if the Vikes have a home game GCF weekend :D)...

There really hasn't been much said about this event nor promotion of it. I keep checking the website and waiting for registration of the event (considering it's only 5 months out). I'm sure it's quite a handful to organize such an event but it seems a bit odd that not much is being said nor "hyping" for it in the forums here (considering you have to compete with so many large events around the same time frame). Don't get me wrong, I love GCF, it's the 1 Mega that I go to every year. I want lots of people to attend too :lol:

Is this event still a "go"? I haven't bought my airline ticket yet.

Any idea when registration is going to open up or any updates for the event? I'm just curious is all and I need to plan out my itinerary and it appears that there could be some neat events in conjunction with the Mega.

How 'bout an update B) Is the schedule on the website still what's intended to happen? I like the bonfire event but haven't seen the cache page listing yet. Just trying to plan accordingly and wanting something to get excited about.

If there is something that some of us can do for you guys to help out, just let us know :D

Thanks,

tsun

I might actually be able to go to this, now that I think about it some more. It's looking better and better. Could it be, being able to go to a major Geocoin-related event before I transfer back to the States? Weird! But pretty cool! Except for my wallet. Not cool for my wallet at all. ; )

Looks like Welch and I will be making this trip with a few other IGO members planning attendance also. I just might have a few of my copper AE Medicine Wheels along for some trading :P

I am a IGO memeber that will be attending.

IGO = Idaho Geocachers.Org :?)

IGO= Iowa Geocachers Organization

Come join the Fun!!

The Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities web site has been updated and Registration is now open. There is an earlybird discount until June 15. Please check it out.

We have tested, tested, tested, tested, tested, tested and well you get the point. But we are all human, so if you see something that does not look correct. Please let us know, you can e-mail us at GCF2010@geocoinfest2010.com

We hope to see all of you in September.

Come join the Fun!!

The Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities web site has been updated and Registration is now open. There is an earlybird discount until June 15. Please check it out.

We have tested, tested, tested, tested, tested, tested and well you get the point. But we are all human, so if you see something that does not look correct. Please let us know, you can e-mail us at GCF2010@geocoinfest2010.com

We hope to see all of you in September.

Done, huzzah! (Order #12!)

Geocoinfest 2010 – Twin Cities News

We have moved the date. We did not want to have anyone in the coin community miss the opportunity of hosting or attending a local 10-10-10 event. The new date is Sunday, September 19, 2010.

The Geocoinfest 2010 – Twin Cities Cache page should be published soon.

The event hotel is now accepting reservations. Please check out this page Hotel for details on making a reservation at the event hotel.

The planning for Geocoinfest 2010 is continuing! We have lots of fun, trading, caching, and camaraderie in the planning stage. We will be keeping everyone up to date on the Geocoinfest2010 website as the plans are finalized. Registration is planned to be open in January.

Hope to see everyone in September!

The hotel link doesn't work. :)

Just booked a hotel. Looking forward to our 1ST of many.

I have never done this, but here are two shots

Loop one, because I hear there is Holly cache that is very nice cache. ~930 miles 16 hours, but that will depend on how fast you drive and how fast you can find the caches. Link for direction

Loop1.jpg

Loop two, 850 miles and 14.5 hours - Link for direcition

Loop2.jpg

Good Luck!

Another question...

Any idea of what time the main event will be on Sunday?

Good question - We will get the times on the schedule soon. But the Main event will be 10 am to 4 pm.

Thank you. With an 8+ hour drive, I just wanted to be sure I could attend the main event and make it home in time for work Monday. That should work.

it sure would be nice to attend this event one day. i really should have driven to SLC last year! alas, my budget just cannot swing it this year. :) i keep checking "Orbitz" over and over and even though the flights are reasonably priced, the funds just are not there...no matter how many times i check! it looks like i will have to live vicariously through the forum thread yet again this year. good luck to the event planners, vendors, and volunteers. it looks like this year will be bigger and better! kudos!

can someone please create a postcard mystery geocoin just for geocoin events missed that reads: "having a cointastic time, wish you were here!"?! :laughing: