Rare Coins

korry135

ha , thats on my seeking list,, how funny i wondered what production coins finishes were,, but i read about them and added them to my list...

my rarest coin is the peach on copper tengwar only 2 minted, it was a gift from my good friend scavok,, and is one of my top coins!!c08c7e3a-f7a2-40ff-bbe7-1058164be82f.jpg

i seriously look at it almost everyday!! it will NEVER leave my collection!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

It all depends on what you consider to be rare.

I have a number of coins that had less than 10 minted. A couple of them are admittedly my own artist editions of coins I've designed. I also have an error sample of the Rainbow Bridge coin -- only one produced.

But you can also judge rarity by the difficulty in obtaining one. I have a DHOBBY1 coin that I consider to be awfully rare, and few mystery coins that are nigh impossible to trade for. Then there are my Delft Blauw coins -- wrangling a trade or sale for one of them is rare indeed!

Finally there is the Gele Bussie (Yellow Bus) coin. It seems to be so rare that it only appears in peoples' seeking lists on the geocoin list sites.

I have some samples, such as the polished gold Geocoin Fairy, 1 minted; polished silver 2009 Mississippi, 1 minted; satin silver 2009 Mississippi, one minted. Then there are the Black Nickel Geocoin Devil, 3 minted; or the copper 2009 Mississippi, 7 minted. Not sure most people could care less about these coins.

Other "rare" coins that don't get much attention outside of Mississippi are the Starkville Mafia bricks, with 15 to 25 minted depending on the finish. Nice coins and can be hard to come by.

I'm very fortunate to have some of the more popular "rare" coins that were minted in larger numbers, such as the Moun10bike v. 3, Capt. Prozac, 2005 Compass Rose, Geocoin Fairy (pick a finish), Micky Diver, or the first Tiki series.

Of course, if you really want to see some "rare" coins, check out eBay. Seems like every geocoin sold there is rare and very hard to find! :)

A coin that is mass produced, but versions were done in 5 or 10 is like producing your own "rare" coin. I have several that fit that description, but I think of my rare coins as coins that are hard to get.

Chickhominy's Eartha coin to me, is rare. You have to find it in a cache. And she had a great adventure to get it! You have to be in the right place at the right time.

I followed tsun across Idaho to get one of her personal coins. You can only get that out of a cache. I don't know how many were produced. I don't care. I love that coin!

Hey everyone, I was wondering whats your rarest coin(s)? My rarest is a set of mario bros holidays coins, only 15 ever minted. :lol:

Which version of the mario bros holidays coins had only 15 made? I have (had actually) gold, silver & black nickel. Was there a different finish not offered?

CF30

The Marios Brothers had a set of BLACK coins made (different from the black editions of the coins that were for sale)

Only 15 sets made and they kept one set each(3), I have one, High Maintenance has one (a local cacher) and the other 10 went out for sale .... at a price !

Edited by wild wiggly beanz

Often there is another metal minting of a coin.

All our coins have an antique copper version minted - 25 of each of the coins- but these I only give away or trade.

We have just produced 200 of our new coin also in copper but it will only be given away at events as prizes- even says on the side "exclusive event donation geocoin".... does that make it rare or just hard to get one's hands on.

I do own a rare 911 turbos GOLD red porsche coin that is a prize in my collection. Given to me from Ms Turbos herself.

I never did get one of her yellow porsches though.... hmmm

Oddly enough, I don't think I have anything in my collecition that I would call rare...team maddog in blue on silver; black carosel lion; copper geocaching has gone to the dogs; the 3 GS lackey coins; datastormusers gold; wait a minute...here's a good one...a 2" cachingcoins (I think 1 of 1, but someone correct me if there were more...it was an error coin;) side tracked supporter coin (NT) and a copper cache rewards coin ...anyone care to comment...not to sound stupid, but are any of these considered rare?

ILYK

Oddly enough, I don't think I have anything in my collecition that I would call rare...team maddog in blue on silver; black carosel lion; copper geocaching has gone to the dogs; the 3 GS lackey coins; datastormusers gold; wait a minute...here's a good one...a 2" cachingcoins (I think 1 of 1, but someone correct me if there were more...it was an error coin;) side tracked supporter coin (NT) and a copper cache rewards coin ...anyone care to comment...not to sound stupid, but are any of these considered rare?

ILYK

the copper cache rewards ive been looking for scence i saw your pic, i found the numbers and not many were made. infact your the only one i know that has one,, i was gonna send you a trade offer ,, but never got around to it.