Event Cache:

jbears22

There is a local event that happens every week I believe. I noticed there are some coins in the inventory. I was just wondering if there is always a physical cache along with the event, or is the host just putting these in the inventory?

I was thinking of attending, but don't want to miss out if there is a physical cache to be found. If there is not- then why have coins in the inventory?

You'll need to ask the event organizer(s) to be sure, but around here, most events have a log to sign and a container near the log for trackables, but no actual cache that you need to find. The log and the trackables container are out in the open, where they're obvious to everyone attending the event.

There is a local event that happens every week I believe. I noticed there are some coins in the inventory. I was just wondering if there is always a physical cache along with the event, or is the host just putting these in the inventory?

I was thinking of attending, but don't want to miss out if there is a physical cache to be found. If there is not- then why have coins in the inventory?

Coins and TBs are dropped into Event caches in the same way that they get dropped into other caches. One difference is that they get dropped in to the inventory before anyone actually attends the event. This means that those who are watching the event page and 'intend to attend' can see what's going to be there, check the trackable pages and see if there will be anything that they can help along the next part of its journey.

As others have mentioned, when cachers get to the event venue there's usually a box or a table set aside where everyone can drop their trackables and then other cachers can select which ones they'd like to take. If you're planning on taking a trackable to an event and it doesn't have its own mission statement or tag I think it's a good idea to put a temporary note with it so that others know what the owner would like it to do.

MrsB

There is a local event that happens every week I believe.

And is this "event" logged as a find each week by the same group of mates, who are efectively just "popping down the pub once a week for a chat/pint/ with the locals ? :)

What's wrong with that? :) It's a very common practice.

There is a local event that happens every week I believe.

And is this "event" logged as a find each week by the same group of mates, who are efectively just "popping down the pub once a week for a chat/pint/ with the locals ? :)

I believe it asks on the page that you only log once, but it is the same page that is updated weekly, so it would still only be one cache right? Anyway, I doubt anyone is abusing is and I didn't notice any repeat finds when I was on there.