Have you ever seen

hillfork

a friend called me and wanted to go out and play so I down load a pocket query around the location that we were going to hunt, after picking up a fue smilley, I seen on my gps that there was a cache just a head of us that had a pin like a waypoint and a box side by side when I clicked on it, only the pin-waypoint came up and it was 7765 mi away. lucky my friend had his gps, but he didn't have it download so I clicked on the cords, and gave it to him and we picked up the smilley. and later on I found another one just like it, Not sure what happen, was it just a bad download, ?

No I have delorme PN-20 so that not it,there was one other thing when I down load it there was 467 caches in that location and it only added about 70 caches to my gps I gested it was because of the overlap.I had other downloads close to that location. and there was two other caches that my gps was telling me that the cache was about 160ft off and I gave the cords from my gps to my frind and his went right to it, the cords was right just some how the map was off.

Ok, figured this would be a good place to ask. Another cacher was telling me about a cache, but he can't remember the name3 or where it was. The cache desription only consists of a audio file you need to click on to hear. The audio file is the complete description in Morse Code. From there you need to go to stage 1 and listen to another audio file (again Morse code) and do this for a total of 3 stages. This justs sounds neat that I want to find out where it is and maybe try it.

Thanks.

Odie

Ok, figured this would be a good place to ask. Another cacher was telling me about a cache, but he can't remember the name3 or where it was. The cache desription only consists of a audio file you need to click on to hear. The audio file is the complete description in Morse Code. From there you need to go to stage 1 and listen to another audio file (again Morse code) and do this for a total of 3 stages. This justs sounds neat that I want to find out where it is and maybe try it.

Thanks.

Odie

Here's a recent thread about "Morris" code caches.

Maybe the one you mentioned is listed in there somewhere?

I've seen the ridiculous distances show when a west longitude was entered as an east one. GPX files store the co-ords as decimal degrees, with west longitudes and south latitudes as negative numbers. IF the Co-ords show the correct hemisphere and the distance is off, it might be a bug in the gps software.

I've seen the ridiculous distances show when a west longitude was entered as an east one. GPX files store the co-ords as decimal degrees, with west longitudes and south latitudes as negative numbers. IF the Co-ords show the correct hemisphere and the distance is off, it might be a bug in the gps software.

I did that once with lattitude :) My machine said I was over 5000 miles away. :D A closer look showed me that I was just moving my thumbs too fats when I was entering my numbers.