Castle Coins Coin Activation

Dr. Whoever

I have just sent all of the activation codes for every coin I have made to Oakcoins. Christian (at Oakcoins) has graciously taken them and will be hosting all of my activation codes from Castle Coins & Pins. I have closed the geocacoin site in lieu of other interests.

Hey JIM, I am sadly surprised to read your notie. I was eagerly waiting on new projects.

I hope everything is fine with you.

YOU will definitly be missed around here.:D:D:D:D:D:o:(:P:(:P:(:D:(:D:(:(:(:P:(:):

This is good news to know. Thank you for haveing these codes transfered.

Apon seeing this message I started to try and get the codes for various coins that I have aquired through Castle Coins. While trying to get the codes I noticed that most or all of the codes are not found in the Oakcoins database. Is that because they have not been completely transfered yet? And if so, when do you expect the codes to all be transfered? Thanks

Christian informed me he will be uploading the codes this weekend.

Thanks for the update. I have a bunch of the coins made through Castle Coins and am sad to see your site down. Wish you luck and love in all !

Hey Castle Man,

Do you know if all the codes have been transfered yet. I still am unable to get the codes for a bunch of coins.

Two among them are the first two in the series of the 7 Caching Sins. The slip says they were made through Castle Coins. Thanks for any help.

I am very troubled by this Castle Man that you have dropped your site and transfered the codes since Oakcoins does not seem to have the codes in their database. And I am sorry but also getting very irritated.

I have numerous geocoins from Castle Coins and through OakCoins. Some of the coins I have tried to activate through Oakcoins have not been recognised and therefore do not give activation codes.

I have contacted Oakcoins and have got no response. Also it is so difficult to even find a link on the Oakcoins website to send them an e-mail. I have posted on this forum to ask for help in activating a few coins but still no response from Oakcoins on this forum either. It seems quite hopeless.

This is so dissapointing and frustrating. May I please ask for help from Oakcoins again and may I ask for your help too, CastleMan, since Oakcoins does not appear to care. Will either one of you please send me an e-mail so I could get some help.

Thanks in advance.

Also it is so difficult to even find a link on the Oakcoins website to send them an e-mail.

http://www.oakcoins.com/activate/

There, that wasn't so hard was it? If you click on the link above, the is a link in the middle of the page that you can click on to reach support@oakcoins.com

Their database was corrupted, but I believe it's working again. :signalviolin:

Thanks avroair - I very much appreciate the e-mail link but as I had indicated before I had sent them e-mails before but had not received any replies. But I am patient and polite. I will wait and be thankful if they do.

Also it is so difficult to even find a link on the Oakcoins website to send them an e-mail.

http://www.oakcoins.com/activate/

There, that wasn't so hard was it? If you click on the link above, the is a link in the middle of the page that you can click on to reach support@oakcoins.com

Their database was corrupted, but I believe it's working again. :laughing:

Thanks avroair - I very much appreciate the e-mail link but as I had indicated before I had sent them e-mails before but had not received any replies. But I am patient and polite. I will wait and be thankful if they do.

The last time I had to email OakCoins for an activation code, it took them a week or more to get back to me. They'll reply. Eventually. :signalviolin:

Can anyone confirm if the codes from Castle Coins & Pins have been successfully uploaded to the Oakcoins site?

I got an answer directly from Oakcoins. The codes are not in their database. You have to email them, sigh.

Oakcoins finally e-mailed me back after about two weeks to get me an activation code.

Thankfully they are at least responding to e-mails even though it takes a while.

My open letter that I sent to Castle Man....

Dear Castle Man,

I am writing to you to inquire on the status of the coin codes being transfered to Oakcoins. Can you please tell me the status of the transfer and if the codes will ever be transfered? I have numerous coins purchased through Castle Coins and I need the activation codes desperately. The current state at Oakcoins is awful for responses to my inquiries. Their response time to get activation codes is 2 to 3 weeks if they even do respond and the number of coins I have to get codes for is a bunch so this task is quite exhausting when I see I options as it is. I am really desperate here and any help you could offer would be greatly appretiated. I mean greatly. The thought of having all these coins go to waste because of no activation codes is just awful. I understand your descicion to end your site but please see my frustration here and the frustration of all of your other customers in my shoes. The response from oakcoins is less than hopeful and there has been little information for us customers to go on. Please do not just drop your site like this and evaporate on us. Please forgive my sounding frustrated. It's just that I have been trying and the response has been very light so far and I have more than a few coins. Please can you help me or any information would be great. I saw your post on the forums but what kind of help is that really? Anyways, thanks so much for all your help and wishing you the best in your future caching endeavors.

I am writing to personally thank you CastleMan. Thanks for contacting me back and for helping to get the codes. You have been very gracious and patient with me. So thank you and thanks so very much for the wonderful coins you have helped design and create. They are treasured.