Lost Geo Cache

Free Fall

Ok, this is bad. A few years ago I posted a geocache on this site, only to have it rejected due to the location of another cache close by. Well, before I could retrieve the cache, we had several feet of snow fall and I could not get to the cache before spring.

In the months that followed (Between October when I hid the cache, and spring) my computer crashed and I lost all Cache data (both on my computer and my GPS). Since than, every chance I get I look for the cache - where I think I left it, is there any way Ground speak with still have the location of this cache? It was either October 2005 or October 2006. :D

You should be able to find it.

If you archived the listing, go to www.geocaching.com/my (log in if you aren't already)

Near the top, click "Geocaches" and then click "Archived". The cache should be listed in this list if you yourself archived the listing. If a reviewer archived the listing, try emailing the reviewer for your area and asking him/her to check into it.

Hope this helps,

Kyle (ky.m.guy)

You should be able to find it.

If you archived the listing, go to www.geocaching.com/my (log in if you aren't already)

Near the top, click "Geocaches" and then click "Archived". The cache should be listed in this list if you yourself archived the listing. If a reviewer archived the listing, try emailing the reviewer for your area and asking him/her to check into it.

Hope this helps,

Kyle (ky.m.guy)

No, he has a rejected, never published cache. I too have one, there is no way I, a mere mortal, could ever look up the old coordinates on the website. Unless someone really embarasses me, and shows me where I could. :D

A reviewer could best answer this. But I'm going to bet they have access to that old never published cache page and the coordinates. Do you know who your local reviewer is?

Try this:

(1) Click on My Profile

(2) There should be a line "My caches waiting for review (view archived)" about 2 inches down from the top of the screen. Not sure if this only appears if you have unpublished caches. Click on "view archived"

(3) On the far right should be a list of the caches you have archived without ever being published.

Good luck.

Try this:

(1) Click on My Profile

(2) There should be a line "My caches waiting for review (view archived)" about 2 inches down from the top of the screen. Not sure if this only appears if you have unpublished caches. Click on "view archived"

(3) On the far right should be a list of the caches you have archived without ever being published.

Good luck.

YES this works, i just did it to mine and I saw it.