Goggles again?

JagerSoldat

Well, I was out caching on Weds. afternoon and I looked down into a brush pile. As I did, a branch snapped back and sliced into the cornea of my right eye. 6mm by 1mm laceration actually. Now for the past 21 years, I have played paintball and airsoft. I have always worn goggles and I have never received an eye injury. I start caching and one month into it and Wham! Any one else have a problem with this? Any one else wear glasses when poking around a cache site? Just curious what you may use to keep yourself safe. Seems like I have once again picked a sport/ hobby that requires eye protection! :D

Edited by JagerSoldat

Well, I was out caching on Weds. afternoon and I looked down into a brush pile. As I did, a branch snapped back and sliced into the cornea of my right eye. 6mm by 1mm laceration actually. Now for the past 21 years, I have played paintball and airsoft. I have always worn goggles and I have never received an eye injury. I start caching and one month into it and Wham! Any one else have a problem with this? Any one else wear glasses when poking around a cache site? Just curious what you may use to keep yourself safe. Seems like I have once again picked a sport/ hobby that requires eye protection! :D

On more than a few occasions I've worn a simple pair of $2.00 safety glasses from Walgreens, Especially if I know the find is going to need some bushwhacking to get to it.

they're simple semi-wrap around, all plastic. Simple.. Also cheap enough if they get scratched/broken, they're replaceable. I've seen similar packaged in bulk boxes. (usually referred to as "Visitor Spectacles")

I've taken a few good hard whacks to the eyes, by branches & twigs.. they're not fun! and an absolute danger if you're out caching alone.

Look in the section where they have household tools, auto supplies.. they're usually in a package of one.

Stephen (gelfling6)