"team" logging

va griz

A couple threads have got me to wondering. How many different ways of logging finds do various team combinations use? I don't intend this as a critique of any method, just a way for us to see differnt ways people record their finds.

I'll start:

When I cache alone I'll log the find (or DNF as apprpriate :lol: ) under my name. When my wife caches with me I'll log it under my name and our mutual name too. She never caches by herself so she has no finds alone.

Next...

We're a family of 5 all under one account. It doesn't matter how many of us are present, if any of us find a cache it goes under this single account. The most common combinations are me alone, the wife and kids traveling without me, all of us together, or one other member and me.

The physical log is signed "Castle Mischief" in any of these cases.

Edited by Castle Mischief

IMHO....(and observations)...... some teams are family teams, some teams are several friends who cache as a group and log under one name, and then there are teams of friends that cache together yet each person signs the log and makes an online log entry.

I happen to be in that last group. There are 3-4 of us that cache each week together, as work permits, and each of us signs the log sheet and makes our online log entry.

This is a game where the "rules" are fairly lax, each person taking the general guidelines and customizing them to their satisfaction so that the game is enjoyable for them.

Play the game for enjoyment. You'll have more fun. :lol:

Rockin Roddy is a team or my own, whichever is the case at the time. I also cache as TR&T w/K (Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom) and, while we lost Tod last year, KAboom and I still cache as a team quite often. I usually always sign the log as TR&T w/K, seldom sign as Rockin Roddy even though the logging online is through the only online account we have...Rockin Roddy.

Whether I go alone, or with KAboom or even with a few friends of KAboom's I am the only one who logs online since everyone else is simply too lazy lol.

I don't know if I've ever explained this to any cache owners, but most in my area know this and I've yet to ever been asked by any either in my area or outside of it!

If I am caching alone while on a business trip I often sign logbooks and the online log as Jennifer of Jennifer&Dean from Missoula, MT. Dean follows the same pattern if he is alone. That way there is no confusion over which one of us visited the cache.

When we are together and out of our caching region we try to log online as Jennifer&Dean from Missoula, MT.

I got stuck out of town a few years ago while on a business trip. Had to stay a weekend unexpectedly. Luckily for me there was an event to attend in the area I was working. And Dean went to another event in Montana. Our logs for that day show us attending 2 events, 1000+ miles apart on the same day. And doing a bunch of caches in MT and PA. That was the only time I gave any thought to splitting our account. But I didn't bother, it is less work to keep it as one account and not worry about a few odd days here and there.

Jen

I guess I/we are in the minority as we have a seperate account to log team finds. What sparked the question were mentions of teams such as a group of military folks who logged their collective finds (from all over the world) as a team find in addition to their individual accounts.

Just looking for other ways of enjoying the game.

My account is just for me. But I often cache with others. Sometimes we sign with our own nicks, sometimes we make up a team name for that day. If we do, someone will add to their logs 'signed as team WTF' or something like that. Just a way to save time and paper.

Spending time with friends and seeking out the caches is the really important stuff, not signing a piece of paper.

I almost always cache with others, sometimes in large groups. At the start of the day we'll make up a 'team name' for that day and one person will sign the log with it, then everyone who was in the group will log it online under their personal accounts.

The paper log may be signed "Team Bama" though there is no Groundspeak account called Team Bama... the ten of us in the group will log it individually, usually by stating "Found on a run with Team Bama".

...teams such as a group of military folks who logged their collective finds (from all over the world) as a team find in addition to their individual accounts.

Just looking for other ways of enjoying the game.

This is just an extreme extension of the multi-member (family) team.

If there is a problem presented by that activity, then there is a problem with families 'splitting the team'.

I can proudly say that every member of my team has been present at each and every cache found by us.