Mar-elendili's first personal Coin

Mar-elendili

Finally!

The samples have come in this week and I've made my final choices of colors for our first geocoin. Roughly one more month to go and it will be released!

I didn't imagine it would take this long but I have learned a lot in the process. And above all else, I have learned that making geocoins is fun and addictive...

It will be sold through an official company but I will have a couple extras for trades and sales. And cointests will be held as well.

Three standard versions should be available.

And to have a good start, here's a little teaser!

2212692290028999818S500x500Q85.jpg

More photos later!

I have decided to post more in the process of future creations. In the meantime, please let me know what you think of this one!

*Edit* Oops, forgot to mention that it will be trackable at geocaching.com, of course!

Edited by mar-elendili

Wow, some great guesses here! But since it is not the cointest yet (can't very well give away what I don't have in my hands yet, right?), everyone is the winner!

And the reward is : the real picture!

2660292450028999818S500x500Q85.jpg

As to what's inside the treasure chest, well I can't tell. It's up to you to decide what you want it to be. A monster, that's for sure. The name of this new coin will be Monster-in-the-Box.

And I got word from the company, they wanted me to add a fourth version, so there will be one more than previously said!

Reading all your guesses was so fun! Thanks for your interest!

I love it! B) Do you have a timeline for us? Approximate cost?

Considering it took roughly a month between my order of samples and my receiving them, I guess it is safe to assume it will take approximately the same time for them to come out for sale.

As soon as I have any cost info, I'll keep you posted!

The coins measure 42mm x 30mm x 3mm, are covered with hard (and glowing) enamel and have an on edge signature.

Here's what the back looks like :

2561840930028999818S500x500Q85.jpg

Wow, some great guesses here! But since it is not the cointest yet (can't very well give away what I don't have in my hands yet, right?), everyone is the winner!

And the reward is : the real picture!

2660292450028999818S500x500Q85.jpg

As to what's inside the treasure chest, well I can't tell. It's up to you to decide what you want it to be. A monster, that's for sure. The name of this new coin will be Monster-in-the-Box.

Is that my mother-in-law in there?

ILYK

Edited by drneal

They are here!

The Monster-in-the-Box Geocoin comes in 4 official versions : Blue on Antique Silver, Green on Antique Copper, Orange on Antique Nickel and Red on Antique Gold. They will have a unique icon (2973943310028999818XdCFxe_th.jpg, 2952352050028999818vTXwOg_th.jpg) and a custom prefix (ME, for Mar-elendili). They will be available at www.geocoinshop.de, but I have not received word of their price and sale date. I will keep you update as soon as I know.

Here is the picture :

2681404400028999818S600x600Q85.jpg

Our posts in your cointest were supposed to be somewhat humorous, but I did want to SERIOUSLY compliment you on your new coin. I enjoy coins that feature glow. Although I am usually drawn to coins with more of a nature- or environment-theme, these coins resonate with me. Perhaps because they look so happy and mischievous when photographed together like this?!

At any rate, these are wonderful and I can't wait to see them in person. Congratulations!

In addition to the four RE versions previously announced, there was a fifth version minted, which will never be sold through any shop.

This is the Artist Edition : Purple on Antique Bronze. For the time being, I have no real project for them, some will be given to very close friends, and I am going to sell a couple of them on eBay to lucky bidders (and to raise some money for future geocoin projects!).

Trades will have to be very very interesting to be accepted (For now, I think Solvognen, for instance...)

There are only 12 coins minted, and no more will be reminted.

MonsterboxAB.jpg

There's an eBay auction running this week. If you're interested, this is your chance!

Edited by mar-elendili

In addition to the four RE versions previously announced, there was a fifth version minted, which will never be sold through any shop.

This is the Artist Edition : Purple on Antique Bronze. For the time being, I have no real project for them, some will be given to very close friends, and I am going to sell a couple of them on eBay to lucky bidders (and to raise some money for future geocoin projects!).

Trades will have to be very very interesting to be accepted (For now, I think Solvognen, for instance...)

MonsterboxAB.jpg

There's an eBay auction running this week. If you're interested, this is your chance!

Well, I've started it off but doubt if I'll be able to win the coin. That colour is devine. :)

Mrs F

MonsterboxAB.jpg

WOW!!! Purple in ABr!!! Lovely!!! :lol: Only 12 minted??? WOW!!!

Wow, how fast they went! Everything except RE's is already sold out. :laughing:

I've put some more up for grabs on eBay, an AE, one of each XLE's and two mint samples which are ones-of-a-kind, if you missed out or wish to complete your monster collection for Halloween.

Note that these are close to my last ones as well (the green one is my very last, except my keeper, of course!)...

Auctions will run for a week. Don't miss out!