Found unlisted Cache

The Caching Coulters

We were caching in Crow Creek Park in Bettendorf today. While searching for the multi there we came across a cache that is not listed on geocaching.com, navicache.com or terracache.com. It had an "official geocache" sticker on the outside and had been found twice before us today. Once last fall and once this spring. The logbook said it's name was Lake Springfield. Is is a regular size and had really good swag in it. No TB though.

I was back in the area so I got the other two names in the log. Only one was registered here and this is his response to my email. "I did find it but never followed up. I noticed that it was not listed on the site. I have not logged many of my finds and lately have not had much time to do any searching. I know I'm not much help but that is all I know."

So maybe someday this mystery will be solved but for now....

To those that say it may be the final of a multi. How far apart can the 1st stage and the final be? Around here they seem to be close, ie in the same park. Not miles apart.

In my GSAK database I have all caches within 40 miles. There is no cache by that name within 25 miles of the park where I found it.

We were caching in Crow Creek Park in Bettendorf today. While searching for the multi there we came across a cache that is not listed on geocaching.com, navicache.com or terracache.com. It had an "official geocache" sticker on the outside and had been found twice before us today. Once last fall and once this spring. The logbook said it's name was Lake Springfield. Is is a regular size and had really good swag in it. No TB though.

We have found one similar a few years ago. It ended up being hidden by someone and was rejected by a reviewer as it was too close to a stage of a multi-cache. The hider didn't know a stage of a multi was hidden there when they placed their cache. Then, when rejected, they never came back to retrieve their cache and just left it out. When I was searching for the stage of the multi, I came upon this unpublished cache. Maybe the cache you found was too close to the multi you were searching for and was rejected for publication.

It could be a stage from the multi Crow Creek Hide & Seek - GCEC00. This one starts out on the other side of the park and looks very, very challenging. "This is a unique multi-cache that has a minimum of nine locations. The first four locations are described below and the other locations will be determined as you continue with your adventure." You could ask the owner of this one.

It could be a stage from the multi Crow Creek Hide & Seek - GCEC00. This one starts out on the other side of the park and looks very, very challenging. "This is a unique multi-cache that has a minimum of nine locations. The first four locations are described below and the other locations will be determined as you continue with your adventure." You could ask the owner of this one.

That's the one we were there to do. I have emailed the owner of it and he said that it was not part of his multi.