Feature Request: Sortable Search Headers

sicariusdracus

Please make the Search headers (Icons, (D/T), Placed, Last Found) Sortable. I'd really like to see icons grouped together, and D/T sorted from easiest to hardest (or hardest to easiest), or placed and Last Found (old-new, new-old).

Being a new GeoCacher, I'd like to do the easier Caches first (with a recent Last Found to be more sure I'll find it) and then move on to the harder ones once I've cleared them.

Thanks,

SicariusDracus

If you choose to become a premium member and then buy more software, you'll find that such sorting and filtering is very easy to do by using pocket queries and third party software such as GSAK.

How about just making PQ result lists sortable, for those of us who A) can't run GSAK (not a Windows person) and 2) don't want to "waste" a PQ run just to see a PQ in a different order?

Edited by dakboy

Keystone: Which is why this is a FEATURE REQUEST. Now, if you would have said "Sure. Premium members have that functionality." Then the issue would have been closed in my mind. But as I see it, to find the caches I want to do, it requires like 16 steps and 3-4 programs more than I wish to use. And forget doing such things on the fly, such as a quick lunch run where you may not have your PC or laptop handy.

I still thank you for your suggestion, but I'd prefer to continue to ask for the functionality on the website, especially since that kind of query is easily done.

All I can say, then, is that it is highly unlikely that you will see your suggestion adopted, particularly as a basic membership feature. Sorry!

You may know more as you are in contact with the Groundspeak lackeys way more often than most of us. However I've been surprised in the past at some of the changes that they have made that I thought would be unlikely. I could imagine one of the developers looking at what it would take to sort search results on various columns and finding that is not only a small change but one that was easier to just roll out to everyone rather than to make it a premium feature. It doesn't hurt for the OP to ask and doesn't help to say that this will never happen.

To the OP. When requesting features it is common practice to be told that there are ways to achieve the same thing with a premium membership and sometimes with third party tools. So long as there are ways to accomplish this I would agree with Keystone that it is unlikely that Groundspeak will spend time implementing them. But it has happened.

And while we are on this subject. I want to see more than 20 GC on the search results page at once. Seems like that could be made an account setting option..show 50 and 100 per page. Maybe have that an option for preminum members to change.

I don't see that happening, as it just makes it easier for the screen-scrapers.

What my family needs included is a filter for micros (no trade caches). It's hard to keep them interested without the treasure. At the least what would speed up our search would be if the cache size was included in the initial info that pops up.

Exclude those cache sizes from the PQ. The option has been there for a long time.

And while we are on this subject. I want to see more than 20 GC on the search results page at once. Seems like that could be made an account setting option..show 50 and 100 per page. Maybe have that an option for preminum members to change.

Maybe I'll just write a Greasemonky script to display 2 or 5 pages of results at a time. After all it's Greasemonkey so that wouldn't be screen scraping :lol:

Maybe I'll just write a Greasemonky script to display 2 or 5 pages of results at a time. After all it's Greasemonkey so that wouldn't be screen scraping :lol:

Before you spend too much time with GreaseMonkey, see if you can coerce AutoPager into doing it.