Triton 2000 maps?

I have a new Magellan Triton 2000 GPSr that has a single base map. We all know how poor the base maps are and I would love to be able to install a nice topo/street/sat image map.

From what I've gathered reading the Triton Forums, I can make customizable maps myself for FREE! However, I'm not having any luck doing this.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I know there are many places that sell maps, but map data is open source and frankly, I don't what to spend any money on this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tritonforum would be the place to find the answers you are looking for, and the best place to ask questions. There are several tutorials with links to the programs needed there as well. You will need to find the resources and programs that work out best for your particular need. There are several ways to go about making the same type of map.

I was able to download a free image map, but was not very happy with it. I decided to look at the Maps4Me maps and see if their quality was better. I downloaded a couple of free maps (Hawaii and Yellowstone) and was sufficiently happy with them so I purchased a yearly subscription for $7.90 U.S.

Add that to my premium membership to GC.com and I'm a happy camper (again). :)

Edited by Dude/Sweet

I was able to download a free image map, but was not very happy with it. I decided to look at the Maps4Me maps and see if their quality was better. I downloaded a couple of free maps (Hawaii and Yellowstone) and was sufficiently happy with them so I purchased a yearly subscription for $7.90 U.S.

Add that to my premium membership to GC.com and I'm a happy camper cacher (again). :)

:D