BlackBerry Tour troubles

The BonSpielmans

I recently got a Black Berry Tour and am very happy with it. I have surfed many websites without issue but of course the one site I REALLY want to surf (Geocaching.com) only lets me get part way! I can log in on the home page without trouble and can get at forums and other items of interest. My problem comes when I try to search for caches.

I type a zipcode in like I do at home and hit "search". It chugs for a couple seconds....tells me it's loading something....and then pops back up with the home page. I have also tried plugging in the specific GC code for a chache I knew of and it did the same thing....acts like it's loading something and then pops back to the home page.

I have tried going into a specific cache from my profile page and I can't get it to go into the details page that way either.

I have had limited success going into the WAP version of the site but get error messages when I hit the "Google Maps" link midway through.

I have gone directly to a Google Map and had no issues pulling it up so I don't think that is the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Also...if/when I get this issue fixed does anybody know of an application I can use on my Tour (with Verizon) to cache directly without using my normal GPSr?

Sorry to not offer any assistance but I am having similar difficulties with my Blackberry Curve.

When I am at the page of caches that I have not found I can not get to anything but the first page.... if I click on any other page number it appears as if it is going to work but always goes back to page 1. I says that there is a javascript error. Although javascript runs fine for other websites.

I have tried all kinds of variations in the options of my phone but nothing seems to work.

I use a BB curve 8330 through Virgin Mobile. And I have contacted Virgin but they can't seem to help me with anything... although I am waiting to hear back from them but I am not holding my breath that it will work this time.

I still haven't sorted it out either. I have however had limited success using the "WAP" site I read about in a different blog. basically it's just WAP.geocaching.com instead of WWW. It's a slimmed down version of the site with no pictures. I have at least been able to get in and read the postings and see the coordinates as long as I know the GC number.

I recently got a Black Berry Tour and am very happy with it. I have surfed many websites without issue but of course the one site I REALLY want to surf (Geocaching.com) only lets me get part way! I can log in on the home page without trouble and can get at forums and other items of interest. My problem comes when I try to search for caches.

I type a zipcode in like I do at home and hit "search". It chugs for a couple seconds....tells me it's loading something....and then pops back up with the home page. I have also tried plugging in the specific GC code for a chache I knew of and it did the same thing....acts like it's loading something and then pops back to the home page.

I have tried going into a specific cache from my profile page and I can't get it to go into the details page that way either.

I have had limited success going into the WAP version of the site but get error messages when I hit the "Google Maps" link midway through.

I have gone directly to a Google Map and had no issues pulling it up so I don't think that is the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Also...if/when I get this issue fixed does anybody know of an application I can use on my Tour (with Verizon) to cache directly without using my normal GPSr?

I found the problem to be with the BB browser. Download Opera mini or Bolt.