"Private" cache?

MSNG

Hi! I would like to hide a cache with something for my husband in it for our anniversary. It is not anything innapropiate, I just would like for him to get that and not anyone else, since it is personalized. What is the best way, to insure that he is the first to find the cache? Could I ask the reviewer to put a note on the listing? Any other ideas would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot! Stefanie

the only way to guarantee that your husband is first to find is to have him find it before it is published.

Agreed. Once it's Published, it's pretty much a free for all. Although I suspect many cachers would honor the request, if the present is anything of value, I probably wouldn't take the chance.

Happy Anniversary! :)

You can create the cache page and uncheck the "this cache is active" box to prevent the reviewer from publishing it. Then perhaps you can print the cache page and include it in a card. or maybe frame it and wrap it.

Once hubby has found it you can check the box and it will go to the reviewer for publishing.

What is the best way, to insure that he is the first to find the cache? Could I ask the reviewer to put a note on the listing?

You could hide it and not list it at all. Hand him the coordinates, or go all out and make a realistic-looking print-out. This way you have a hidden container without all the concerns of setting it up officially.

Having it “not active” as suggested, is also good. But reviewer notes will be in view on the cache page, and there’s a red “Not Active” note at the top. So that won’t look quite right when viewed online, if you’re hoping to surprise him.

You could also avoid these complications entirely by hiding your husband's surprise in a small tupperware type container, devise your own especially creative, warm and loving cache description page in MS-Word.

Enclose the description in a really nice and personalized card and give him the card.

If you later wanted to hide the container as a geocache, you could do that.

Never mind. :):):D

Edited by Team Cotati

My wife did something like that for my last birthday. My card had a set of coordinates that ended up being at a friend's house. They led me to a present hidden in the yard. (She had previously talked to the friend, so they were watching.) On the present was another set of coords. Off to another friend's house. Five times. It turned out to be a lot of fun and we didn't have to worry about anyone taking my "personal swag"!