Caching Vacation suggestions between MD and NY

birder428

Don't let them lead you astray--listen to me :anibad: I have a history of leading people astray, they are inexperienced.

Christmas in New York City can not be matched by some quasi victorian burg in South Jersey--the birds are gone, the beaches are cold and windswept--the ice cream shops that charge 7 bucks for a cone are locked up , pulchritudinous bennes are no where to be seen, your side trip to AC will send you home a loser :anicute:

---Cache Central Park, see the sights, eat Honey Roasted Peanuts from a street vendor until you explode--Corned Beef Sandwiches big enough for 4 at Stage Deli, with the best Kosher Pickle you have ever eaten. Skate at Wollman Rink, Walk 5th Avenue and window shop. Hit the Virtual Cache at the top of the Empire State Building. Buy knock off purses in China town. Do the MMOA, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Museum of Natural History, Radio City Christmas Show or any other show for that matter. Dirty water weiners sloshed in watered down mustard, Rolloexes from Nigerian Jewelry store in a blanket owners, Horse Drawn Carriage, Salvation Army Bell Ringers, Rockefeller Center and photos by the tree. :lol:

Hey, I think I know what I'll be doing some Sunday in early December. Man I am excited already, I think it was the Corned Beef Sandwich that got me at the get go.

If the weather had not turned I would also suggest the following:

Lancaster Pennsylvania

Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania

Gettysburg Pennsylvania

Cape May is a wonderful place for Columbus Day Weekend, but after that I have my personal doubts.

Edited by Packanack

Cape May in December is a very festive place with all the inns decked out with the holiday lights, the horse drawn carriages are still out with blankets and sleigh bells to set the holiday mood. The Lighthouse is open and there are still some good restaurents open too. There are a lot of caches around cape may, including Higbee beach which is difficult to do in the summer due to the black flys. Just a few miles north is a former golf club, which is now a WMA area with a bunch of caches throughtout the now hard to recognize club. From there you can take a 45 minute ride up to AC for some night life or cross the DE bay by ferry and cache in DE too. Yes, the shore is very quiet this time of year, but it's a real nice quiet with no crowds and your caching not sun bathing, enjoy!

Old Navy

Lancaster Pennsylvania

Not a place I'd suggest for a geocaching vacation unless you enjoy driving from strip mall to strip mall to seel out guardrail and lamp post caches.

HAHA. There are a lot like that in Lancaster, but Lancaster is a pretty big county. There are a lot of parks between Lancaster, York (where I live) and over towards Gettysburg with plenty of interesting caches. There are some nice caches all along the Susquehanna River as well.

Not a place I'd suggest for a geocaching vacation unless you enjoy driving from strip mall to strip mall to seel out guardrail and lamp post caches
Don't pay him no mind, sounds like his wife made him go on a destination shopping expedition. :) I recognize the symptoms from personal experience.

When I suggested Lancaster County , it was not based upon the caches, it was based upon Shoofly Pie and Turkey Hill Ice Cream.

Edited by Packanack

Cape May in December is a very festive place with all the inns decked out with the holiday lights, the horse drawn carriages are still out with blankets and sleigh bells to set the holiday mood. The Lighthouse is open and there are still some good restaurents open too. There are a lot of caches around cape may, including Higbee beach which is difficult to do in the summer due to the black flys. Just a few miles north is a former golf club, which is now a WMA area with a bunch of caches throughtout the now hard to recognize club. From there you can take a 45 minute ride up to AC for some night life or cross the DE bay by ferry and cache in DE too. Yes, the shore is very quiet this time of year, but it's a real nice quiet with no crowds and your caching not sun bathing, enjoy!

Old Navy

I would recommend taking the ferry to Lewes, DE and caching in Cape Henlopen State Park. Have had many wonderful caching outings there. You can then go to Dogfish Head brewpub in Rehoboth Beach for a celebratory :)

I have in laws that live in Maryland, there are some beautiful parks there. They are very outdoorsy people in Maryland. I would say to go to Centennial Park in I think it is Columbia Maryland, there are many in this park and it is absolutely beautiful it is one of Sports Illustrated top parks in America. There are also many other parks around that area. It is just an idea, hope you have a good vacation!