GeoBeagle crash question

pezeke13

I am by no means Android-experienced but I've heard a lot of great things about GeoBeagle so I thought I'll try to see it in action on a Droid. Friday I went to the local Verizon store and while playing with a demo phone I installed GB. It came up and as soon as I clicked on geocaching.com link, it shut down. Tried again with the same result.

So, I went home, installed the Android SDK and again, I installed GB on it with the exact problem: click on any link on the startup page just shuts down GB.

I am sure I'm doing something wrong, there can't be same behavior on both the SDK and Droid. And while I read about the SDK that there may be problems using GB with it, Droid should surely work, right?

I'd appreciate any help.

I am by no means Android-experienced but I've heard a lot of great things about GeoBeagle so I thought I'll try to see it in action on a Droid. Friday I went to the local Verizon store and while playing with a demo phone I installed GB. It came up and as soon as I clicked on geocaching.com link, it shut down. Tried again with the same result.

So, I went home, installed the Android SDK and again, I installed GB on it with the exact problem: click on any link on the startup page just shuts down GB.

I am sure I'm doing something wrong, there can't be same behavior on both the SDK and Droid. And while I read about the SDK that there may be problems using GB with it, Droid should surely work, right?

I'd appreciate any help.

Sorry I have no advice on how to fix your problem but I can tell you that GeoBeagle is working on my Droid. Are you using the Droid running 2.0? Maybe that is the issue. Hope you get it fixed soon! Now I'm trying to figure how to import cache info into my phone. I've been away from cacheing for a while but with this new phone, and having it available all the time no matter where I am, I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

Bumping an old thread...

I don't have a Droid, but I've had this same problem with GeoBeagle on my phone (a Samsung Moment). I realized the problem for me was that I had the GPS turned off, and for some reason that kept causing GeoBeagle to crash. If I turn the GPS on before launching the app, GeoBeagle works fine.