Turn-around time for adopting caches?

I'm trying to help out a cacher who is no longer able to maintain his caches and as they are all located near me I offered to adopt them. As he has multiple caches he sent in email from his account email address authorizing the adoption and received a ticket number. That's been 12 days ago and neither of us have heard anything else.

So my question is -- does anyone have a feel for what the typical time-frame is to hear from GS? The current CO has been really tough to reach and I've had to follow-up on this with him for about a month to get him to send out the email and now don't want it to fall into the rabbit hole.

The better choice is to use the DIY adoption method. Yes, I read that communication with the cache owner is difficult, but in the grand scheme of things this one might take a while to bubble up to the top of the priority list in Seattle.

Try sending this to the current cache owner:

To have another geocacher adopt your cache, please go to this web page: www.geocaching.com/adopt

Once there, enter the GC Code (GC?????) of the cache and click on the lookup button; then enter the geocaching account name of the person you want to take ownership and click the user lookup button. At this point you may add a message in the text box if you want, and when ready click on the Send Adoption Request button.

The system will generate an e-mail to the prospective new owner, and once that person clicks on the acceptance link the ownership transfer is complete.

Hope this helps.

-Brad

The better choice is to use the DIY adoption method. Yes, I read that communication with the cache owner is difficult, but in the grand scheme of things this one might take a while to bubble up to the top of the priority list in Seattle.

Try sending this to the current cache owner:

To have another geocacher adopt your cache, please go to this web page: www.geocaching.com/adopt

Once there, enter the GC Code (GC?????) of the cache and click on the lookup button; then enter the geocaching account name of the person you want to take ownership and click the user lookup button. At this point you may add a message in the text box if you want, and when ready click on the Send Adoption Request button.

The system will generate an e-mail to the prospective new owner, and once that person clicks on the acceptance link the ownership transfer is complete.

Hope this helps.

-Brad

Thanks for the reply Brad! I'd already seen that method of doing it...and if I could get him to would much prefer that method myself. But it's been somewhat difficult to get him to move forward on this as he's lost any interest in caching and spends his time doing other things and hasn't even logged in for a year now. As it was I had to sort of track him down because of wanting his permission to replace a damaged container (to prevent muggling and children issues), and that took nearly a month. So it would be unlikely that I'd be able to get him to do the dozen or so caches that way.

That's why I was asking about typical times....already assuming that this isn't a high priority for GS, but just want to know at what point should I worry that perhaps the request has been lost.