Fifa 2010

Die Swart Kat

Guys its almost time for this great event to hit town.

Now I was thinking.

We already have a "2009 TB race", and I don't want to impose on it. But I want to start getting others just as excited over the event as what I'm getting.

So this is what I was thinking. To get TB's out there representing (or whom you will be supporting) the deferent countries that will be in the 2010 Fifa w/cup.

Now I don't think making it a race will be a good idea as there is one already and it will be running till the 11th of July. The day of the final.

But just to create a fun environment for use to have fun. Maybe a clever fellow geocacher can help us to create a link were we can put our Tb's on and follow one another's bugs. like the tb race page? with km's traveled, photos with bug's at games or just with our supporters jerseys on.

PS ill be supporting the Netherlands.

It would be good to get as many of the countries represented by getting the miniature flag geocoins for them. Then the competition could compare the progress of the coins vs the performance of the teams on the field.

That sounds like a good idea, but I doubt that there are coins for all the countries competing. How about a TB with the flag of the countries? Perhaps there are keyrings available with the countries depicted?

I currently have a small football World Cup TB that is traveling around the world with a mission to end up in SA after 2010. Wishful thinking perhaps but who knows. :laughing:

That sounds like a good idea, but I doubt that there are coins for all the countries competing. How about a TB with the flag of the countries? Perhaps there are keyrings available with the countries depicted?

I currently have a small football World Cup TB that is traveling around the world with a mission to end up in SA after 2010. Wishful thinking perhaps but who knows. :laughing:

This is great! I agree getting the coins might seem to be a bit of a challenge. But if we all can get hold of flags or small items representing countries we like... then we might have something going,

Bruce do you perhaps know of a way to probably get hold of coins?

Not being an avid soccer supporter I am not up to date about the details for next year:

Do we have a complete list of countries participating?

Of those countries, which ones have Flag Micro Geocoins available?

Alternatively, get a list of all the countries and make keyrings depicting the flags and then attach dog tag TBs to them. Then we could release them all at an event first thing in the new year.

I received my order this week from SoCalGeocoins courtesy of GEO936 (Thanks for facilitating the ordering process.) Indeed, these coins are stunning, better than the photographs can reproduce.

Thanks to The Huskies for designing and producing this set of coins. I am sure that in years to come they will become very desirable.

Roll on Soccer World Cup 2010!