As the crow flies?

brslk

I recently had a hide denied because it was to close to other caches. I am not bitter about it but, is "as the crow flies" rule really a good guideline that must be strictly followed by reviewers?

My hide was 390 feet away from the closest one but it was a massive distance away from the other if you had to drive or walk. At least 45 minutes.

I have seen several closer and I know that there is no precedent but why are there reviewers if they have no power to decide what is allowable and what isn't?

I am sure an easily writable program could enforce the rules note for note.

I was told that in rare insistences the rules are bent due to "natural" things being in the way, like a river.

In my instance, the thing that divided the caches was a major roadway with a huge concrete barrier and a massive elevation difference.

Not natural but just as if not more dangerous.

I am not faulting the reviewer... just the rules...

It seems the barrier isn't good enough. Perhaps if you could demonstrate that people could not cross the major roadway, the reviewer might reconsider.

I do know of the type of barrier that cannot be crossed. Ultimately though, the reviewer is who you need to convince.

worf.gif
Ok, that just made my day, and since it is only 19 minutes into the day, that's saying a lot!

Speaking of it being just past midnight, I think I should start the day off right by going to bed.

G'nite.

Oh, and to the OP: Starting a thread in the forums and suggesting that your reviewer be replaced by a bit of code is not a real good way to get them to make an exception. I suppose you've realized this and that's why you want the thread closed. Let me show you something that might make you feel better. It just made my day:

worf.gif

Just keep telling yourself, "It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here."

worf.gif
Ok, that just made my day, and since it is only 19 minutes into the day, that's saying a lot!

Speaking of it being just past midnight, I think I should start the day off right by going to bed.

G'nite.

Oh, and to the OP: Starting a thread in the forums and suggesting that your reviewer be replaced by a bit of code is not a real good way to get them to make an exception. I suppose you've realized this and that's why you want the thread closed. Let me show you something that might make you feel better. It just made my day:

worf.gif

Just keep telling yourself, "It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here. It's all uphill from here."

Go to bed. and try to be more original next time...

Edited by brslk